“Great Sushi for a Great Price”

Mikuni Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar
Ranked #4 of 2,004 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Great Sushi for a Great Price”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My girlfriend and I ate dinner here while visiting Sacramento and it is wonderful Sushi. The $40 for two people menu is more than enough food (with four courses), we had the Potstickers Appetizer, Sesame Chicken, Soft Shell Crab Handroll, and Ice Cream to top it off. The Handroll was one of the best I have ever had, I will eat here next time I am in Sacramento,

• Visited May 2014

Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food high price”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Although the service and atmosphere is great you are paying for the ambiance for sure. Food is fresh and tasty. Service is fast and servers are friendly. Luckily a friend of mine paid because I could definitely not afford it on my salary. Over $100 for 4 people. No alcohol just water for drinks and sushi and this was during lunch time.

• Visited June 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
“Best sushi by far!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have been going to Mikuni since it was a small "10 table" sushi place in the middle of a small strip mall! Now it is most of that strip mall plus several others around town! The most authentic Japanese food around run by a "real" Japanese family! One of the only sushi places where you get real white tuna and all their fish is the real deal! NO escolar or other "fake fish!" In fact, a secret study found Mikuni was the ONLY sushi restaurant in Sacramento where EVERYTHING on the menu was exactly what it was stated to be! Always fresh, always friendly, always a good time and always a great experience! The Fair Oaks location is my favorite and the original restaurant. The Roseville location is also very nice! The downtown location is a bit "trendy" for me, but still same great food! The Northstar location is also very nice! Mikuni is the standard for which we judge ALL sushi restaurants, and we consider ourselves "sushi snobs."

• Visited May 2014
Sacramento, California
“Best Sushi in Roseville and Sacramento”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I visited Mikuni with my daughter and granddaughters. It is their favorite restaurant. You can not go wrong with anything on the menu. My granddaughters who are 2 and 4 love the California roll and tuna roll. When you can get a toddler to ask for sushi you know it has to be awesome. The service was prompt and courteous. We waited 10 minutes for a table and when one grandchild was getting restless, they seated us immediately. This is my favorite place for sushi and would not go anywhere else.

• Visited April 2014
Sacramento, CA
“Great shushi”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have known Taro since they opened their first restaurant and he has now grown to several sites. The fish is always the freshest and he has a larger selection than any other restaurant. His chefs are creative and will make anything you request or surprise you.

• Visited December 2013