“Excellent Food”

Good for: Romantic
Sacramento, California
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Great Middle Eastern food - without the belly dancing.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Rie R

citrus heights
“Kabob house rocks!”
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I do not get a chance to go to Kabob house very often as it is pretty far from my house. When a mandatory work training brought me to the Arden area, I called a to go order for my all time favorite "Garlic Chicken lunch special'. While I was en route on my 30 minute lunch break, I discovered that I forgot my purse. I called Sandra to cancel my order. She recognized my order and told me to come on in to pick up my order and come back on another day to pay. Thank you Sandra! It is always a treat to eat at Kabob house! Their house sauce and garlic mayo rocks! The check is in the mail! And you can bet that I will be telling all of my friends.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank nj m
Norther california
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Taste and hospitality@kabobhouse:)”
Reviewed 23 January 2010

Well i have been a customer at kabob house since 1994 and still going like the energizer battery:)I have had the best experience over there with their high quality food and open smile for all customers.We love it:)Toufic Mahfouz and Family:)Thanks Kabob House:)

1 Thank n395tc
Sacramento, CA
“Bland Food with Odd Flavoring”
Reviewed 23 December 2009

I went to the Kabob House for my birthday a few days ago, hoping to find something unique and tasty. I love Greek food, but live in an area where there are not many Greek restaurants. I did a little internet research and found this place, which was well reviewed and recommended by a number of people. So I figured it was worth a try. Unfortunately, I left very disappointed.

The ambiance of the place was fine, although there was nothing unique or special about it. There was a Greek landscape mural on the wall, but that's about all that would have identified this as a Greek restaurant as opposed to something else. The restaurant itself is located in a small business park in a part of town that is not attractive. However, I gave it the benefit of the doubt -- after all, I was there for the food, not the setting.

When we arrived, we were greeted and promptly seated at a clean table. The service was quite good throughout our meal. Unfortunately, though, it was also the best part of the meal. We began with an appetizer of Greek Dolmathe, which were actually pretty tasty. They were served warm and came with a flavorful Tzadziki dipping sauce. And, while I have had better, these were certainly fine. However, our main meal left much to be desired. I ordered a beef gyro and was expecting a pocket-sandwich type of dish, with seasoned beef and vegetables. Instead, I got 3-4 strips of meat served over a bed of rice, with little pita wedges on the side. It also came with traditional Greek salad. The beef strips were somewhat bland and not as good as what I would have expected. The salad was fresh, but also quite bland. However, the worst part of the meal was the "House" Sauce that was served over top of the rice. It tasted like some kind of Asian sauce that you would eat with Moo Shoo Pork. I noticed a bottle of what appeared to be the House Sauce sitting on the table, so I took a look at the ingredients to see if I was imagining it. Unfortunately again, I wasn't. The first 4 ingredients were: Chile Sauce, Worcester Sauce, Vinegar, and Tomato Paste, NONE of which I associate with Greek food. It also contained soy sauce. The sauce did not go at all well with the food and really ruined the experience. On the whole, I was very disappointed. I have had good Greek food and this was not it. If you want good shish kebab, try the Famous Kabob House, which is Persian restaurant just down the street. It's the same great service, but with much tastier food.

Roseville, CA
“Consistently Good Food”
Reviewed 27 October 2009

My wife and I have been dining at the Kabob House for many years. The food is always good. The shrimp kabob is probably my personal favorite. It comes with a delicious, tangy, housemade green sauce. Yummm. If you order a salad, be sure to request salad dolmas.

1 Thank OriginalKingsFan