“AYCE Surprise”

Azukar Sushi
Ranked #270 of 2,123 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Let me start with saying that I tend to stay away from AYCE places simply because the quality of the fish and serving is usually not up to par but Azukar definitely is an exception. We had a party of 7 come in luckily the place was just starting to get busy and was able to be seated immediately. I introduced ourselves to the owner as recommended by another tripadvisor reviewer. The owner had us make our first round of orders which were mostly rolls and a couple of nigiri orders. Once he had an idea of what we like he basically just took over and just started bringing all kinds of food. Main dish, side dish to desserts. What a wonderful experience. The staff was very attentive. If you're ever in Natomas are this is a must. I wish i had another reason to be in this area so I can visit again. Make sure you get the mango ice cream with tempura banana for dessert. Yum!!!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We came here because of high recommendations from yelp. We are not all you can eat people. We called first to confirm that we did not want all you can eat. We rather pay more and eat what we like. Once we got there, we decided to try AYCE dinner. You should try their "sides." All carpaccios are fantastic. Pacific sunrise is refreshing after you try some fatty rolls. Saigon is a new dish that is not on the menu. Fantastic if you like thai or vietnamese food. Spicy though. We let the owner, who is so, so friendly, order for us since its our first time. Tuna Poke was spicy and tasty. Just try the sides first and if you are still hungry, then go to the tradtional stuff. If you like spicy and full flavored dishes, try the 1st two sides on the menu. We finally found a place to get some unique "raw fish" dishes. The rolls we tried were just ordinary (yummy, arizona, lion king, azukar, sacracramento). The sides set this place apart from other restaurants. We are from LA. We have not found many good places to eat. Sorry Sacramento. But this place is Fresh Made-to-order. . It's not as good as LA, but we live here now and this is one of the place we like to return.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

For sushi lunch, this is the place. For dinner, I'd recommend not eating all day to make the $25+ each worth it. Their menu is filled with deliciousness, from start to finish. After round two of ordering four rolls with a coworker, I was already beginning to fill full, but he was all about ordering again, so I got the fried banana and donuts. All in all we had two Dragon Rolls, two J Street rolls, the Buffalo roll, sesame balls, fried banana, the hawaii roll (we asked them to add slices of lemon on top), the philly roll, and the volcano roll. Everything was delicious, although the Hawaii roll was the weakest point of the meal. I'm so sad that they had to move from their downtown location because of the neat setting that place offered, but this new location is closer to home (which is going to be big trouble on my waist size...totally worth it).

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I love, love, love Azukar Sushi! They have this one roll, the Buffalo roll, that I just love because it's NOT fish, it's beef. In fact, it's like a rolled up terikaki beef bowl. Yummers! But all their food is great, and the staff is wonderful, and the prices are totally reasonable.

If you haven't been yet, give this place a try...I'm sure you'll like it :)

Reviewed 9 October 2013

All I have to say is that whenever I have a crave for sushi, this IS the place to go!! All fresh, made to order, and all you can eat!!!! LOVE IT!