“Very Disappointed”

Ranked #192 of 2,000 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Southwestern, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Sacramento, California
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This should be a top restaurant in Sacramento. Great location river views outdoor seating.
Let me tell you about my experience today. Went there after the lunch crowd about 1:30 pm. Gave our name to the hostess, she said she would text us when our table was ready. Uh Oh, no text. Had do run her down as to why others were being seated her reply, "oh I didn't text you?" Waited a few more minutes to be seated, it was busy but not crazy, well staffed it appeared. Ordered our food, Came cold. Asked the waitperson are the tacos supposed to be cold, she replied "I don't know." Ordered a new serving. It also came cold however the fish was warm. The tortilla cold.
This place is being touted as the new in place in Sacramento. Not sure it is living up to expectations.
But, staff was friendly maybe a bit undertrained or just taken with the "scene".
Prices are reasonable, had to ask for a napkin and utensils after the food came.
Maybe the best bet is to eat at the bar. Or this wasn't our day.

• Visited April 2014

Vacaville, California
“Great Cajun food with a view”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I wanted to try something different so we decided to try this place. They did not disappoint! Their menu is simple but there is enough to choose from. The food had plenty of Cajun spice and flavor. The view of the river was very nice and relaxing. It's worth the visit!

• Visited November 2013
Greensburg, Indiana
“Authentic New Orleans”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I was impressed with how close the food is to New Orleans, keep in mind I am from the midwest, very happy w/ my po' boy although too much to eat!. They serve great local beer and the view is great as well.

• Visited October 2013
Sacramento
“Dads Retirement Party Great Times”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Had a wonderful time here. Had 60+ people. Drinks and Food were spectacular as well a one of a Kind View. From parking take bridge walkway at bottom towards River. Great Bar and Food

• Visited September 2013
Long Beach, California
“It's not just for the view”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My wife and I ate at Chevy's the last time we stayed in Natomas and we noticed the sign for Crawdads, so this time we made it a point to give it a try and we were not disappointed. The on-the-river location alone makes it worth the visit, but my delicious blackened catfish convinced me that this was more than just another pretty place. My wife had the blackened prawns salad with mango and loved every bite. We topped it off with an amazing mango bread pudding. Our servers were all friendly, and although I wouldn't say they were fast, they were adequately attentive and smiley. All in all, it was a lovely dinner on the river at sunset. The only thing that keeps me from giving it a 5-out-of-5 is the terrible parking situation which we remembered from our visit to Chevy's and chose to avoid this time by walking there from our hotel.

• Visited September 2013