“Fun place on the Sac River”

Crawdad's River Cantina
Ranked #196 of 2,035 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Cajun & Creole, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 5 June 2014

They just did a remodel and it's a much needed improvement. The look is nice and clean the food is good and the view is great. It's a fun place to hang on the River and get some good food and drink. Bands are there on the weekends and if I had a boat I'd be floating there daily!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Very reasonably priced. Loved the service, location and the food was very fresh and tasty. The servers are very friendly. Great to take the family. Right on the river! Almost as much fun as Parker, Az.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The building is difficult to locate and the parking is minimal. The location carries with it the opportunity to be a magnificent experience.

We arrived as a group of seven, and they were able to get us seated quickly. However, the staff, clearly hired as representatives of the the young, cool, and pretty crowd, looked at us seven middle-aged men as if we were completely undesirable as customers.

Our waiter was very good, but the vibe was somewhat unwelcoming. Our food arrived quickly, but it was average. It was edible, but it wasn't special in any way. I ordered the surf and turf and the steak was grisly. Furthermore, I am conscious of my caloric intake, and when I asked for the broccoli side, I should have been told it was covered in cheese sauce.

This is a restaurant that wants to be upper-crust, but needs to pay attention to the details in order to fulfill this goal.

Overall somewhat disappointing.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We haven't been to Crawdad's in years. They recently remodeled and have new owners so my mom and I thought we'd give it another try. We ordered iced tea which tasted heavily of chlorine. Thinking that this may have been from the water, I ordered a soda. It was better but still tasted like chlorine. We ordered the fish tacos and a burger. The burger was fine. The fish tacos which were rolled up in a flour tortilla, were okay. I suspect the server knew how bad it was because he didn't ask us how our meal was. The drinks were not removed from our bill even though we clearly hadn't consumed any of it. By the end of lunch I was so parched, I was looking forward to leaving so I could go elsewhere to order a drink. What a disappointment.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This should be a top restaurant in Sacramento. Great location river views outdoor seating.
Let me tell you about my experience today. Went there after the lunch crowd about 1:30 pm. Gave our name to the hostess, she said she would text us when our table was ready. Uh Oh, no text. Had do run her down as to why others were being seated her reply, "oh I didn't text you?" Waited a few more minutes to be seated, it was busy but not crazy, well staffed it appeared. Ordered our food, Came cold. Asked the waitperson are the tacos supposed to be cold, she replied "I don't know." Ordered a new serving. It also came cold however the fish was warm. The tortilla cold.
This place is being touted as the new in place in Sacramento. Not sure it is living up to expectations.
But, staff was friendly maybe a bit undertrained or just taken with the "scene".
Prices are reasonable, had to ask for a napkin and utensils after the food came.
Maybe the best bet is to eat at the bar. Or this wasn't our day.