“VERY VERY NICE HOTEL”

SpringHill Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas
Ranked #19 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 24 February 2013

The Hotel was very clean and neat. My husband even commented that the bathroom in our room was so spotless it looked like it has never been used ever before.

The Breakfast was Fantastic and it is free with a nights stay.

We Used Mapquest and it took us directly to the Hotel and to the Freeway when we left. It was very easy off and on the freeway and there were gas stations and restaurants very closeby.

We WILL Definately Stay at this Hotel again if and when we are ever in Sacramento over night and need a Hotel.

The Reviewer that said there were no restaurants around doesn't know what she is talking about as there are several right around the corner from the Hotel and a Gas Station too as we filled up our car at it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
SpringHillSacramento, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Thank you for taking time to post about your visit. I am delighted that you had such a great stay. We have recently renovated the guestrooms and lobby, so you were able to be some of our first guests to experience our improvements.

I look forward to welcoming you back. Please let me know if I may be of assistance in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

The check in experience was good, the representative at the counter was very friendly and courteous. She helped point out a place to eat nearby.

As somebody else mentioned, this location is in the middle of an industrial center. That within itself isn't uncommon, but this are had me uneasy. The whole area was it poorly, the streets looped around in a semi-confusing manner (in the dark), and when I stopped at the gas station nearby, the vibe wasn't good at all. There's a whole lot of bullet-proof glass going on.

I will recommend to the Manager to see about getting the exhaust fan on the elevator fixed. The same nasty stale fast food smell that was in there when I check in was still there when I checked out.

The breakfast wasn't impressionable, with the exception of the fact the male attendant for the service completely ignored me and spent all of his time socializing with the construction workers (that were working on the remodel) who were eating breakfast. Not even a "hello". Nothing. And I wasn't alone. I guess his construction buddies took higher priority than keeping a positive image for the brand.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
SpringHillSacramento, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Customer service is an absolute priorty and your feedback allows us to find opportunities for improvement. We appreciate your taking the time to decribe your visit.

Now that the renovation project is complete, the hotel may offer a different experience for you. Should you like to give us another opportunity to serve you, please contact me. I would be happy to personally assist you.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family during a trip back to Oregon. Our vehicle was vandalized during our stay and the hotel-front passenger window busted out; personal property stolen. The general manager was not in that day and contacted us after the fact. She stated that the hotel was not responsible for the Guests and indicated that it was my fault for parking at the hotel. She did offer to take a picture of the sign in the parking lot that warns of parking at your own risk, Despite the fact that the hotel staff suggested we park in the back parking lot and never mentioned the problem they were having with a homeless vagrant. I asked to speak with the owners in an attempt to get my window repair reimbursed. She stated that the owners don't speak with guests and any additional complaint needs to be made to Marriott Headquarters. We did call corporate to explain our situation, which further fueled her rude behavior. She was and remains argumentative and lacking in customer service skills. She actually called my wife's cell phone to complain that the recorded voice mail message was hard to understand and was part of the problem in resolving this entire situation. Most Marriotts have coverage to fix a window should your vehicle be vandalized while staying at their hotel. This one does not. So, if could do it again, I would stay there, or plan on parking your vehicle in the hotel room.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Racheleaton7
SpringHillSacramento, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

We deeply regret that this event occurred during your stay in Sacramento and we do not underestimate the resulting disappointment. The safety of our guests and their property is very important to us. However, due to Innkeeper Statutes, we cannot accept responsibility for third party criminal actions. Industry standards in the area also dictate that parking is “at own risk” and is also the policy of surrounding hotels. As a courtesy, our General Manager has applied points to your Marriott Rewards account as a gesture of goodwill and in effort to demonstrate that we share your frustration.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

Located in an industrial centre this hotel is difficult to find and there are few services within easy walking distance. Considering the hotel has no restaurant it is a challenge to find a good meal other than fast food outlets a few blocks away.
The hotel is clean and has an updated feel to it. The room is well appointed with fridge, microwave, television and a nice sitting area separate from the sleeping area. The bed was very comfortable.
The free breakfast was average but offered some variety. The service was friendly and relaxed.
We found the sound insulation to be dismal. You can clearly hear conversations as you walk the hallways and from your room you hear doors slam, people talking and showers being used. For that reason it is unlikely that we would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
SpringHillSacramento, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

We are constantly striving to make all stays enjoyable, so we appreciate your feedback. Thank you. We are also glad that you were able to experience one of our renovated rooms and found the bed confortable.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I have stayed at this Springhill three times. All three times I had a great stay. We had a 1st floor King with a pull out couch and rollaway bed. My kids are to old now to sleep both on the pull out. When we checked in, the staff was very friendly and assured me that the rollaway was already in the room. This is a first since we usually have to ask several times for a rollaway bed to be put in the room.The room was clean and exactly what we needed.

I have read some other reviews about food not being nearby and that is correct...except that their is a Chevy's within 2 minutes drive and the mall is about a 10minute drive. The third time we stayed we ate at Tex Wasabis by the mall.

The only bad thing I can report is the the third time I stayed, the heater/AC unit leaked all over the floor and it was extremely wet (like water through your toes) and the bathtub didn't drain very well (ankle deep by the time I was finished). This was room 123, we had no problems with room 119. I did mention this upon checkout.

The pool, while small, was adequate for my kids to swim for awhile. Like I mentioned earlier, they are older now and not so much into swimming anymore. :)

The breakfast was nice, nothing fancy and the woman who watches over the breakfast area is extremely helpful and friendly. One plus was that they provide little to go bags for you take stuff with you. I LOVE this touch and have found this to be the first place that I have stayed that does this.

Overall great place to stay. When passing through again, I will be back.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank theluckeone
SpringHillSacramento, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stays with us and appreciated that you have stayed with us throughout the year. Thank you for choosing us. We look forward to welcoming you back in 2013!

Reviewed 29 October 2012

I will never stay here again. I checked in with my family and found only a bottom sheet on one of the beds. We booked this hotel for the indoor "heated” pool and tried to take the kids swimming the pool was too cold. My wife asked the front desk clerk about the cold pool and was rudely told it was heated and was dismissed by the front desk clerk. Later the maintained man confirmed that the pool thermostat was malfunctioning. When we tried to go to sleep we realized that a spot light was shining in our window and the black out curtains did not go all the way across the window so our room was brightly lit. Then a party broke out in the room next to us and the room across the hall. When I called the front desk, at 11:30PM, to ask about moving to a different room, I was told "there is a women’s convention in town, we could not switch rooms and there is nothing I could do about it." Well I could do something, I immediately checked out it cost me $125 for a few hours stay. We booked a room at the Town Place Suites Cal Expo that same night and had a great stay there I highly recomend that Marriot and stay away from this one.

Room Tip: Hotel is very loud on freeway side. be sure to be on back side of hotel away from fwy noise and brig...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank danno66
SpringHillSacramento, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I assure you that customer service is a priority and we will certainly discuss your experience with the staff.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Stayed here for two nights for my cousin's wedding up in Sacramento. The hotel is a bit hard to find as it's tucked away in a business park. That is good and bad. Good because there is little to no noise in the surrounding area. Bad because there are not a lot of amentities right out the door. There is a gas station and some smaller food places right up the street, but we didn't eat there. Downtown and old town Sac is only 2 exits down the 5, which was very convenient.

We arrived late (after 10pm), but were greeted quickly and warmly. After being assigned a 1st floor room, we asked for something higher and got the top floor. (no problems or attitude). Upon getting to our room, we discovered that the king with pull-out queen was not quite what we expected. The pull out was too small for both our kids to sleep on (17 & 11). We called and asked if they had a room with two beds and they were quick to assist. I ran down, got the keys to the room next door and they let me check it out and bring back the keys I didn't plan to use. The two doubles + a pull out room worked out a lot better for us. I ran the old keys down and the front desk was nothing for helpful.

The rooms were large and liveable. The space was clean, updated and had a wet bar, fridge, desk and microwave. The flat screen TV was placed between the pull out "room" and sometimes it was a challenge to see it from both ends of the room, but it was not a big deal.

We did not use the pool or spa, but saw it. It looked small, but nice and clean. It's indoors on the first floor, just off the lobby.

The breakfast was ok, but nothing special. There is hot food (waffles, eggs, sausage & breakfast potatoes). The waffles were not that good, but the eggs and stuff was decent. They also had bagels, toast, muffins, cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc, etc. Since it's included, it's worth it. :)

Overall, had a great stay here and would strongly recommend this to anyone that is looking for a clean, nice, affordable hotel in the downtown Sacramento area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family