“Indoor Pool and Spa, Shaded Parking Great!”

SpringHill Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas
Ranked #18 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Enjoyed a Fri and Sat night driving here while visiting family in Sacramento area. Summer heat in the high 90's but A/C actually made it too cold (a rarity for me) so I actually had to set thermostat at 73! Top (4th) floor avoided overhead noise, which was likely given the large numbers of cheer camp attendees crowding many suites. That also explained LARGE numbers at very crowded breakfast area (which I avoided by going down at 6:55 am prior to 7 am opening) that offered scrambled eggs, sauage, waffles, yogurt, juices, milk, sweet breads, etc. Very clean property with newly renovated color schemes in carpets and accent walls in rooms. Mini frig and microwave along with hide-a-bed in a couch area, separate from sleeping/bathroom/sink area but no door between (allowing one flat screen tv to swivel between living room and bedroom areas). Paul Mitchell shampoo/conditioner toiletries nice added touch. Only minor complaint is the low end one-cup Cuisinart coffeemakers (we were given one decaf pod and one regular coffee pod) but at least there were also nice porcelain cups provided. We asked for liquid creamers at front desk and were generously accommodated. Lots of shade in the parking area, a nice feature compared to many hotter Sac area hotels, and the indoor pool and spa, though small, had handicapped access added and were very very clean, too. The hotel is using a fragrance in many public areas which I assume is an attempt at aromatherapy; some may appreciate this while others might view it as annoying if allergic. I found it a pleasing alternative to housecleaning chemical smells. Also there is a nice mattress cover that is thin for summer (and washable between guests) coupled with extra bedding in the closet if desired. Nice ice machine in a separate room next to elevators (so probably doesn't annoy guests with noise). Finally, maps advise you to exit through Garden Highway but there is easier access (and a nearby Starbucks, Carl's Jr) just west of the El Camino exit off I-5; El Camino is only accessible to/from downtown, not from the north, however.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th floor to avoid overhead noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Abbot71

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Beautiful hotel, but yes in a business park. We chose it because it was away from downtown. We were there for our son's wedding and just needed a nice quiet place to stay that evening rather than drive the long trip home.

We had two rooms that were excellent. Roomy for all 9 of us to hang out in just one room as there was a separate living room area with coffee station, microwave and refrigerator. Great desk area for work (thankfully I was not working while there). Two very comfortable queen beds in each room and a pull out sofa. Great price for under $100 each room. Came with breakfast of eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit (avoid the squishy apples), cereal, milk and oatmeal with various toppings. Really great breakfast selection - ONE warning though, the time was listed as 7-10am - for breakfast, but they really closed it at 9:30am and our family wasn't quite done. The man cleaning up the food area was quite rude when I asked him for bagels, as he had put them away - in the room 3 feet away, and gave me quite a bit of attitude when I was making up a plate for our older children, who were coming downstairs at 9:30, as they were unaware it was closing that early. (They have a new baby who was making them run late). I was making plates to take up to the last of our children and he was cleaning around me and being quite pushy and rude. That I will have to say was one of my only complaints.

They have a nice indoor pool with a good sized whirl pool there also. Both the pool and whirl pool have modified chairs that will lower someone with disabilities into either the pool or whirl pool and I was quite impressed by those. Big problem the night we were there though. There were some unsupervised kids/teens being quite loud and boisterous, unsupervised, which lead of course to the inevitable injuries and the pool was closed around 8pm. My husband and I were looking forward to a swim and the whirlpool around 9pm, before bed, but that didn't happen. The front desk woman was quite accommodating, by extending our check out two hours so we could enjoy the pool the next day. This actually worked out well, as we had the indoor pool and whirl pool exclusive to our family as most had checked out and not many had checked in yet. It would be best if they made sure that if teens are there, they are supervised or at least have staff check more often to get them to follow the rules of the pool area. The only other issue was in our adult children's room, where they had the new baby, I guess the upstairs guests were a bit loud around 3am, unknown why, as it isn't really a party hotel. They had to speak to management, and there was little change until the upstairs people finally went to sleep.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor not that far from the elevators, about 6 rooms, so we had a good locatio...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The room was fine. It was clean and nice. But just average. Nothing special just a place to sleep. I chose here because it looked like it was just off the freeway. But after arriving, it really is not near anything at all. No restaurants, nothing to walk to as it is in the middle of a business park. The price was low and it was just a quick overnight stay, so the place served its purpose. I just would not choose this hotel for anything other than a overnight quickie to get sleep.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
SpringHillSacramento, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us. We regret to learn your experience of our location was less than expected. Please accept my apology. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Appears to be recently renovated. Modern fresh decor. Good size rooms, with large seating area that includes desk, fridge and bar. Sink area separate from toilet/shower. Beds and linens comfortable. Towels a bit worn and rough. Better than average complimentary breakfast. Friendly staff. There are three dining options about a mile away on the river. I agree the location is odd , in a office park. I went ahead and walked the mile to the dining area despite the front desk saying they advised not to do so because of the homeless situation in the park along the way. Never saw any, but made sure there was still daylight.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank chubmasterp
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Had an overnight stay Fri/Sat here in April '13 with my daughter, who had business at Sac State-about 15 minutes away. Good, quiet, attractive area, which is located in an upscale business park, presumably to cater to visiting business people. Good, friendly check-in experience. Very clean and fresh lobby, rooms, and grounds. Convenient parking. Room was pretty much the same as every other Springhill Suites I have stayed in; with a sitting/living area; and separate bedroom area, micro and mini-fridge. Desk staff was very helpful with dinner suggestions-it was late and we didn't want to go into town- we ended up going to a Chinese place they recommended which was within walking distance, about 1/2 mile, and it was excellent. My only criticism was the indoor pool; we both wanted to swim some laps for some exercise, but the pool is much too small for that, more like a "kiddie dip" pool, and was not long enough for laps, and pretty busy with little ones. I would recommend this hotel to any travelers who like staying in small suites for a great price. Note: there is no restaurant on premises, but they do have a good complementary full hot breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank StarCruiser_9
SpringHillSacramento, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review - it is much appreciated! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit in Sacramento, as well as your stay at SpringHill Suites. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 27 April 2013

This was an overnight stay. Arrived at midnight, quick check in. Desk clerk offered a little pod of water as a thank you for choosing Marriott. Beds were comfy but they are skimpy on amenities. 2 small soaps, no shampoo. Towels on the thinner side and slightly rough. Saw 3 employees and not one smiled. Ok for a quick overnight but I wouldn't return. Quickie breakfast bites available at 4 am with cereals and muffins. Waffles available at 7:00 am. Purely average across the board stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
SpringHillSacramento, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback is very important to us and gives us an opportunity to address any issues that we may not have been previously aware of and that are an exception to the service we offer.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Stayed here for one night and was very impressed. Great job renovating the hotel. I didn't have a hard time finding the hotel. Plus it helped that I had stayed across the street at the Hilton Gardens before. I was on the first floor and the room was great. It was very clean. Loved that all areas of the room had great lighting as did the bathroom. Bathrooms always seem to have some of the worst lighting, don't they? Loved that the switch for the lights over the bed had a dimmer on it. Excellent! Also loved that the desk had plenty of outlets around it as did the lamp on the desk. A+ on that! One of my biggest gripes on most hotels is the Wifi signal, but not here. I had full bars which allowed me get some work done as well as video chat with my wife and child with no interruptions due to a weak signal. A+ for WiFi! The sofa was nice and the bed and pillows were comfortable. The Gym was great. Love that there are no hours so you can sneak in a quick work out at any time. Didn't check the pool, but it looked nice. The breakfast spread is great. Love it anytime you can make yourself a waffle. Kudos for the waffle maker! For me the price was well worth it. I wouldn't mind paying less, who wouldn't right? I look forward to returning and staying a couple of nights instead of one and maybe have the family in tow..... Oh, and staff was nice. I rank this stay as one of my best next to the Beacon in Manhattan, NY.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jesse S
SpringHillSacramento, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

What wonderful feedback! Thank you for taking the time to leave your input. We've worked hard to make the hotel a great home away from home for our guests and are so glad we have. We value our guests and want you stays to be as comfortable as possible. I look forward to welcoming you back!