“Excellent staff and location to airport......”

SpringHill Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas
Ranked #20 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed here the night before leaving for Hawaii and the night we came back. We did their Park N Fly, leaving our car there and taking their shuttle service to and from the airport. That all went very smoothly.

The hotel is typical clean, modern Springhill. The staff, from front desk to housekeeping to shutle drivers, was helpful and friendly on both visits. They greeted us with complimentary waters and made sure that our room requests were met. The breakfast offers a variety of cereals, yogurts, breads, muffins, waffles, eggs and sausage. The coffee available 24/7 is very good.

Of the many choices in the Sacramento Airport area, this one is a good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for the side away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here at the end of October during the middle of the week. This is generally your average Marriot branded Springhill, although I rated it slightly higher because it is newly renovated and in a good location close to the airport.

Good:
The service was very good and all the staff members were friendly and attentive. The room was kept up well and was rather large. I had a standard room with a King size bed and there was a nice little mini bar area, microwave, office desk and good sized couch The bed was fine. It was not the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in, but it certainly wasn't close to the worst. The complimentary breakfast was very good, and had a relatively large selection of items to choose from. Thermostat controlled heating and cooling was easy to use and effective. Free wifi was pretty fast. Free cookies at the front desk were a nice touch. There are several fast casual dining options nearby and the hotel is easy to access from both the 5 and 80 freeways.

Bad:
The fitness center, if you can call it that, is two treadmills and an elliptical, which made it difficult to get a decent work out in. Although I did not use the pool, it looked rather small as well and certainly was not big enough for a person to swim laps(although there is a good sized spa). This may sound rather odd also, but the door on my room was also particularly heavy. I am a pretty big guy and managed fine, but I can't imagine how an elderly or disabled person would be able to push open the door to the room without considerable difficulty.

Overall, this hotel is good enough to stay at on a business trip when you aren't as concerned about certain amenities I would probably stay here again when traveling for work, but would not recommend this location for people on vacations or weekend getaways.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This hotel is a little drive from the airport, but not far off the highway. It is a little tricky getting there in the dark. The staff was courteous and the room was clean and quiet. The breakfast was just as expected from a Springhill property. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed here for a weekend. I was very impressed with the cleanliness and order of the hotel. Even though, it is typical of a business hotel, it looks and feels brand new. For $90 a night, we felt that we received very good value.

The good:
- Every staff member we encountered was super friendly. The management of this hotel should be praised for instilling great customer service values in their team (with one exception, noted below).
- We checked in almost an hour early (our daughter needed a nap) and it was no problem at all.
- The hotel is spotless and every inch of it looks brand new.
- It's in a quiet location, close to restaurants and a Starbucks.
- The pool facility is nice and also very well maintained.
- It's only minutes away from city by car.
- The beds are very nice and very comfortable (something I am very picky about).
- Breakfast is included (such as it is).

The not so good:
- It's not in the middle of the city, close to nightlife or nicer restaurants. That said, it's great for families and business travelers.
- The breakfast is unimpressive: Eggs are pretty hard, ham was soggy, not a great selection. The pictures in the elevator make it look gourmet with cheese plates and cold cuts. I can assure you the breakfast they serve is basic. Waffles were good though.
- The attendant overseeing breakfast service was surly and actually rude to my wife. Apparently he didn't like the way she was using the waffle machine and told her off. Given how friendly everyone else was, I thought this was kind of rude.

The breakfast selection and service are the only reason I gave this rating a 4 instead of a 5, but I will gladly come back anytime and recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Devo1975
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed here with my two sisters for a sister's weekend. I made the reservation and indicated there would be 3 in the room. I asked for as high up a floor as possible, extra towels and pillows, two doubles and a roll away bed. My sister checked in first, then my other sister and I checked in last. We were on the ground floor, with the parking lot right outside our window where we listened to slamming car doors night and morning. (My sister did not ask to be moved) When we didn't have a roll away we called the front desk and asked why and we were told we can't have a roll away because of fire restrictions. (Then why do they offer it, and indicate you can have one?!) There was an uncomfortable hide a bed. When we opened the hide a bed there were sheets wadded up inside. The bed was not made, but the sheets were in a messy ball. We called and the front desk said they there should be sheets on the bed. We had to convince them there were, but they in a wadded up state. Hard to tell if they were clean. The front desk was hard pressed to bring up clean sheets but eventually they did. We had to call and ask for extra towels, extra drinking glasses, coffee cups. The room was set up for only 2 people. When we left in the morning to come back later in the afternoon the maid had taken the sheets from the hide a bed, so we were back at square one. Really! We called again that evening and asked for sheets for the hide a bed and again the front desk said there should be sheets on the hide a bed. Oh brother! Not the qualify Marriott we are used to. With so many options for hotels, we won't be back to this one.

Room Tip: don't stay here and if you do stay up on a high floor,
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank funjaniceandsteve
SpringHillSacramento, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

We want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I can imagine your frustration with the issues you encountered while staying with us. Please let me apologize for your inconveniences. It is our hope that each and every guest has a delightful stay.

Please let me ensure you that we do address all feedback we receive with our teams to continually improve our guests service and hotel experience.

We have communicated your concerns with our housekeeping and front office teams and the issues have been addressed. If I can be of further assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me.

If your travels should bring you back to our area, we would love the opportunity to have you experience a problem free and relaxing stay with us.

Regards,
Lindsey LaBrot
916-283-0288

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend to get away from the smoke in Reno. The staff was great - offered some site-seeing options. The room was comfortable & clean - we all could stretch out and relax. It was easy to get to and from around town. Very quiet area in the weekends. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

The usual nice and clean Marriott...tbis hotel is quiet and has a good location for old sac or the airport. There are quick food places nearby....walking distance. Very nice staff as well. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013