“Underrated sushi spot”

Ranked #598 of 2,251 Restaurants in Sacramento
Good for: Business meetings
Good for: Business meetings
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Situated on a busy commercial street in what seems to be an old fast-food building, Sumo Sushi doesn't seem particularly special from the outside. But this little-known sushi place is one of my favorites.

They have outstanding prices, the service has always been friendly, the menu is huge, and the sushi is good. What more can you ask for?

I recommend the Naked Salmon roll. I was skeptical at first as it's quite unusual, but now it's one of my staples and I order it almost every visit.

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

We have been to Sumo Sushi about 10 times. I love their sushi (50% off many nights) and my husband likes their bento boxes.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

Sumo sushi is a remodeled fast food restaurant right off Fair Oaks Blvd. Easy on and easy off. Sushi rolls are 50% off from 3:00 to 6:00. We take our whole family of 8 adults -buy one of the three options of a sushi boat plus drinks - get the bargain price of around $100 + there's almost too much great sushi. Is that even possible? Family bought and family owned. We just had dinner there last night -delightful!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 17 March 2015

My husband and I had dinner at Sumo Sushi, located in the "Gourmet Gulch" area of Fair Oaks Blvd. His bento box with Thai chicken was huge and delicious. My two sushi rolls were half off and very well done. The house saki was simple but adequate. We will go again!

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Located just outside of Sacramento, in Roseville, this restaurant serves a great selection of Sushi made right there as you order. We went for lunch on a Tuesday when all rolls were half off, and that is certainly a plus and saves you even more. Try the lemon salmon and the "Douglas" rolls. I would certainly be going back and recommend you give it a shot if you like sushi. There was only one waitress working, and one gentleman who was making the sushi behind the bar, therefore the service was a bit slow, but the food was well worth the wait.

Date of visit: February 2014