“Enjoy concerts in the park.”
Review of Cesar Chavez Park

Cesar Chavez Park
Ranked #44 of 170 things to do in Sacramento
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I am not sure who, but someone puts on regular concerts in the late spring early summer. I have seen Cake there - before they were huge and before they disappeared and made a comeback. We have seen a lot of really good local bands there and the music ranges from soul r&b alternative and zydeco. There is a beer garden, so bring ID. In the early days of the concerts, it was ok to bring kids - then it became all 21+. Last year my kids ditched me, so I didnt pay attention. This year I am not sure. During non concert hours I call it the "bum" park. There are usually a lot of homeless people there. It is a nice park to nap in - lots of shade and mature trees protect from the elements - I would live there, too.

1  Thank sejw
There are newer reviews for Cesar Chavez Park

Reviewed 28 May 2013

They really did an amazing job with this park for the rally. Staging, crowd control, food and beverage offerings, really made this park come to life with almost 15,000 people present. I did not realize it could hold that many!

1  Thank george p
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Need I say more? Ahh the smell of body odor and old urine in the hot summers of Sacramento are a special treat.

5  Thank MafiaElvis
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I would like to memorilize Cesar Chavez in a much more cleaner park then when we went there. It was a true same. It's to bad people can't respect their parks.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

great for concerts in the park but I think there should be more places to sit and maybe more food options.

2  Thank karen c