“Weekend Stay Over” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Berkeley, CA
“Weekend Stay Over”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

The Princeton Softball team spent a week at the hotel while playing games in California. We spent two nights their to visit our daughter. The hotel was very clean, staff pleasant and located close to freeway access and accessible to downtown restaurants.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Northern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel overnight during the Cal Expo RV / Boat show. The rooms were very nice, plush feeling, flat screen TV, coffee maker and fridge. (Microwave available in the lobby). The room was very clean and comfortable, although the bed mattress was a bit firm. The bathroom was small with almost non-existent counter space. Not a huge deal to us but worth a mention. Although the breakfast buffet looked very good with hot food choices and many fresh fruit choices we didn't try it for 12 bucks per person. The staff was friendly and accommodating, putting us in a building away from the building where many kids' sports teams were lodged. Overall we were very satisfied with our stay and would most definitely stay here again while in Sacramento. It was very convenient within a 5 minute or less drive to a wide variety of stores, Starbuck's, good restaurants, a large mall, and Cal Expo itself. Also it's about 25 minutes to Thunder Valley Casino.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank machete
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

We generally opt for B&B's as opposed to hotel chains because the cleanliness and service can't be beat. That being said, we were very pleasantly surprised at this Marriott. We were there for 3 nights. The room and bathroom were immaculate with furnishings that were a step above the norm. We stayed poolside on the 3rd floor and our room had a cathedral ceiling, making it feel very spacious. Tony, at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. The bed was extremely comfortable and stocked with extra pillows. The towels were not plush but that seemed minor. The train noise was audible when we awoke but we didn't hear it while sleeping. We were actually surprised that it really wasn't an issue. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and a large shopping center.

Room Tip: stay poolside to minimize train noise
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

This was the best Courtyard I have ever stayed at and I am a devoted Marriott fan. I travel extensively and when I do business in Sacramento, I will always stay at the Sacramento Cal Expo. They have a restaurant on-site for dinner (as well as breakfast), they are so thoughtful in the toiletry supplies in the bathroom, and even the way the housekeeping staff sets up the display is not only beautiful but thoughtful. It's the first time I ever had a washcloth actually set up on the bath mat and I didn't have to drip all over the floor to get one once I was in the shower. They were extremely accommodating in every aspect and made my stay so pleasant. The beds are so comfortable and the value for the stay was the best in all my January travel. Great management - thank you!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times and have always been super happy and the staff are so helpful and upbeat. Then rooms are super clean and the beds are so comfortable that it is probably the best night sleep I have had in a while. The managers are great and really care about your stay and will go above and beyond to make sure you are happy. You will definitely receive excellent treatment and if there is something special you require the staff will make it happen. I stay at a lot of Marriott hotels but this probably is my favorite! Do yourself a favor and stay here, this place is hidden gem.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

I have stayed at this Courtyard & the Fairfield next door, 4 consecutive times since December! The staff is professional, friendly and truly understands "Customer Service". I have been made to feel like I am part of the Marriott Family. I have stayed at many other Marriott Courtyard facilities, but this one is one of my favorites and rates at the top! My first experience was a night that was completely full, but Toni (front desk) managed to show enough interest to speak to the manager Joanne Steinkermeyer and make it "HAPPEN". Toni accomplished this while taking care of a full house that night, some kind of convention going on. I have been extremely satisfied with the customer service, cleanliness and friendly atmosphere at this location. Other staff members that come to mind are Crystal, Julie, Frank and Maria..............A HAPPY AND CONTENT CUSTOMER!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Roberto L
Sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

I had a state professional licensing examination to take in Sacramento and conveniently found myself at the Cal Expo Courtyard Marriott. I needed a quiet enviornment for my 3 days and 2 nights stay to study and I definately found it at this property.

The property was clean, friendly and the staff provided excellent service. My spacious room was excellent! As a Marriott Rewards traveler I am no stranger to the Marriott experience, but extra kudos to the manangement and staff at this location. Five-plus stars!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo