“Perfect Choice”

Ranked #9 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Alturas, California
“Perfect Choice”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My coworker and I had a conference scheduled here, so we stayed overnight. I did a credit card authorization with no problems (rare), and our checkin was less than 5 minutes total. I requested an upper floor quiet room and recieved it! The room was clean and well maintained and the beds were very comfortable. I read the reviews of noisy rooms, but I am a firm believer in running the fan while we are in the room- white noise is wonderful for drowning out any irritating noises. We visited with some other friends down for the conference in the comfortable bar area in the evening. The hotel itself is centrally located in Sacramento so your drive time is nice and short.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kenipela

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Georgia
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard the last week of April. We had one week to visit many of our California relatives - included four grand children - sons and daughters - etc.

Can I tell you that after a full day of visiting family - it was such a treat to arrive back at our room at the Courtyard. The front desk was always available - good late diners served at the bar area - and rooms that were immaculate and so quiet we got a full nights rest.

Last year we came out to visit relatives and made a huge mistake staying at an Inn on the other side of the freeway (80). It was a disaster - fooms were dirty - no elevators - always had to ask for towels, etc.

We are from the Sacramento area - are retired and live in Georgia. So after a long flight - getting car rental, etc. we were tired. To walk into Courtyard by Marriott was such a nice surprise. Easy access to our room and elevator - just a wonderful atmosphere.

I did a lot of shopping for hotels before selecting Marriott (after last year's fiasco and I made a great choice. I have been meaning to get this rating posted for a month now - so here it goes.

Thanks to the staff and management who made this visit so enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank nancy c
Corona, California
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Not only is it very clean and comfortable but also excellent location! Very friendly and courteous staff. We were there on a medical trip to UC Davis Medical Center. We got there early and were told that our room was not ready yet. When I explained to the young lady at the reception that my husband needed to rest, she immediately found me another room and got us in fast. The photos do make it seem a lot larger and nicer than it really is, but it's nice enough. The room felt a little small.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MStraveller26
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Chose this hotel for a recent business trip in Sacramento because it was among the less expensive options. I'll never understand why hotels in this area are so expensive! Be that as it may, this was a good choice and one I will use again.

There is ample free parking and the check-in was efficient and friendly. I usually book the AAA rate, and this was the first time in years that I've actually been asked to see my card. Not a problem.

My large 2-queen bed room was clean, updated and well-appointed. LCD TV (one or two of the channels were pixelated, but no big deal) with several HBO choices. Refrigerator, coffee maker, and ear plugs. Ear plugs? Apparently some people are bothered by the trains that go by and I-80 across the parking lot. I barely noticed. The thermostat in my room clearly does not work, as it registered the temperature as much higher than it actually was. Once I made a mental note of the "conversion factor," it was no longer an issue.

There is a bar in the lobby that I barely noticed until I went out late at night to grab some sundries from a local grocery store. The drunk guests in front of the hotel clued me in to the bar's existence.

The fitness center and pool looked well taken care of, although I wasn't able to use them on this stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank David B
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This is the 4th time that we have stayed at this hotel. As always, the room was clean and the staff is lovely. Nice bathroom amenities and always extra towels. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here every time that I visit Sacramento!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank debs0712
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Upon arrival, we realized I somehow forgot to make our reservation (apparently I didn't click that final button, a first for me). I wish I could remember the front receptionist name at the front desk, but he managed to get me a reservation at the rate I thought I booked.

Our stay was just a one night for a volleyball tournament downtown. Hotel was perfect and clean as always (we have stayed here before). We had a room on the third floor. The room was spacious with vaulted ceilings. The room had a small fridge, updated flat screen tv and free wireless internet that worked well. The location of this hotel has three Marriott's on site. I've always had a free pair of ear plugs at each of the hotels. I always thought it odd, but I actually was able to use my ear plugs during this stay. At about 2:45am (after the bars closed??) the room next to us a "bit" loud. I used to like, "We are young" until I heard "tooooon eye eye eyeeee ght," every few minutes from one of the drunk guys next door. Thank you ear plugs, they helped a bit! BTW...yes, the beds were comfortable.

Breakfast buffet in the morning was very good. It was part of our room price and well worth it. A nice selection of hot food and not just your normal cold cereals and fruit. Coffee was very good too. Needed it combat the loss of a couple hours of sleep.

I'd stay here again. The location is perfect, within a few miles of downtown. There are numerous restaurants in the surrounding area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Eric M
Tempe, AZ
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Rolled off to this property after spending only one night at the very trashy Comfort Inn - Howe Street. We were warmly greeted and they had tossed me an outstanding rate over the phone. The room was simply terrific and we slept like babies. My girlfriend was much more comfortable and we both enjoyed the hotel's breakfast.

Marriott properties are hard to beat. Would stay here again when next visiting Sacramento.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple