Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Arden Star Hotel(Sacramento)
View Hotel
All reviewscal expocourtyard marriottfront desktrain noisegreat customer servicearden malllobby areadefinitely stay here againclean roomsbusiness tripfree breakfastcorybistroaveryearplugsfreewayfairfield
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2012

During the past year I visited Sacramento three times. The staff (especially Joanne) is always wonderful and happily went above and beyond to make my stays comfortable and experience terrific. The Marriott Cal Expo is my "first choice" hotel when I have business in Sacramento. I love Marriott, but the Courtyard Call Expo is 4 star.

1  Thank Sharee B
Reviewed 20 December 2012

This property came on recommendation by a frequent business traveler who knows where the best places to stay at a reasonable cost are. Some Courtyards are still dated but this is one of those with modern decor, open and inviting lobby with two business center computer stations and most importantly, a friendly and helpful staff. Most notable was Moe who helped me check in quickly in the evening and was back in the morning to help me solve for a mini crisis of needing to find a local computer cafe for extended use to host a critical webinar for clients. The lobby computers are limited to 30 minutes of use and I needed 1:30 so he printed off directions to an Internet cafe for business travelers and I was saved. All while juggling calls and hotel guests! Thanks Moe!

Reviewed 18 December 2012

As a frequent traveller (Platinum Marriott, past Diamond Hilton) I spend 3 - 4 nights a week, every week on the road. I appreciate any place that makes me feel at home - and the CalExpo Courtyard is a great example of this.

By my second stay the staff knew me by name, my room preferences, and even that I like a microwave in my room. Every day I'm cheerfully greeted by name - Moe and Erika (on the front desk) are a perfect example of where Marriott has gotten customer service right.

The property is relatively new, exercise facility adequate (I sometimes have a wait for the elliptical trainer at 5 AM in the morning), and the buffet breakfast offers just the right amount of options.

The only drawback I've noted is that the wireless is slow and sporadic, and often the adjacent Marriott property's wireless (with the same wireless ID) interferes with reception.

Room Tip: There's a railroad two blocks away, and a highway right next door so external noise can be an issue - try for an inside courtyard room on the second floor - the building will shield you from both.
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I travel frequently for business and have stayed in MANY hotels over the years (other Marriotts included) and this one is BY FAR my favorite!! It is always clean and pleasant with nice amenities and COMFORTABLE BEDS (one of the most important things right)! But what's even better...the front desk staff (Moe and Erica) are AMAZING!! Those two know a thing or two about customer service and always go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and special!! It is so rare to find people at the front desk of hotels that are as kind, upbeat, considerate, hard working and fun as Moe and Erica! I look forward to seeing them on my visits.

In addition, I can always find parking and the location is ideal...very centrally located with a nice variety of restaurants and shopping near by. I highly recommend this Marriott!

Room Tip: I have stayed on every floor and never have a problem with noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Hotel was good, the people who work there were OUTSTANDING! (especially Moe, front desk and Corey, bar tender). The room was clean and comfty, but had a few minor issues (really squeaky bathroom door and poor TV reception). The restaurant was not good. Fish tacos had hugh bones (which they did replace with a different order), the 2 sandwiches were not as ordered and blah, and the small pizza was just ok. The hotel was clean and again, the employees were wonderful, helpful and did all they could for us! We would stay there again.