“Awesome Customer service!!!!!”

Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Lehi, Utah, United States
“Awesome Customer service!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Just wanted to start by saying I'm am not typically a good/bad review guy unless service was extreme either way. Attended a Nationwide Sales conference and stayed at the Courtyard Cal Expo. The staff there was extremely accomedating and pleasant! Especially Moe. That guy when above and beyond in my book. With his customer service skills he could work at any 5 star Resort! Rooms and grounds were very well maintained. Overall a great time for me and my whole team! Great Job!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

This a great basic bussiness hotel. Very clean, comfortable rooms. Neighborhood is clean but not a whole lot to do. Few miles away there is shopping and restaurants including Guy Fieri's Johnny Garlics. Hotel has a restaurant/bar, could not tell quality since I went to have dinner and was told that they are too busy to take my order and that I should ask front desk for directions to other restaurants. That is the only reason I gave it 3 for service. Front desk was very friendly however. Would use again

• Stayed April 2013
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

Good location. Close to the freeway. Close to Costco. Check in was below average though. They were not busy at all. No line. Front desk employee was not too inviting or personable. Lacked basic customer service skills. He had no smile or made no conversation. Was not given a map of where everything was or what the hotel offered. Requested high floor when booking. However, was given mid floor. Had room 263. Room was spacious. Housekeeping missed a sock left from the previous occupant in the closet though. One light bulb over the desk was out. Other than that, hotel was clean. Well maintained grounds. Enjoyed the mini-fridge. There is a microwave in the lobby market as well. The train close by did not bother me. TIP: Ask for 3rd floor-High floor. Was able to hear people above walking, which was one complaint read in the reviews. However, it did not bug me much. Wireless internet speeds were ok-signal could be a little better. Shampoos and toiletries-Paul Mitchell is a plus. One big Con was the breakfast buffet for $12+. Highly overpriced for the selections. Plus service was not all that either. TIP: Unless it’s included in your rate, eat elsewhere. There are two other Marriott hotels on the premises that offer free breakfast. Will possibly try on a next trip. Overall, hotel was good, but not great.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Critic1000
Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

I must say that my stay at the Marriott in Sacramento Cal Expo was an unexpected delight. The staff was more then helpful and accomodating. The fool was super and the location and conditon of the hotel was exactly what I was looking for. I will stay there again later they year.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank JamesF920
Yorba Linda, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight with my daughter's schoolmates on a field trip about 150 people of us. I can't say much about checking in and out since it was done by the school staff however when we arrived about 7-8 pm on a Wednesday night, everything went well. We didn't have to wait long at all, only had a little briefing at the lobby while they were passing out the room keys.

I chose the double occupancy, just my 9 y.o. and me, and was given a room on level 3 with 2 queen beds facing the inner courtyard. First impression when I first walked into the room was nice. It was actually better than expected. Yes, the carpet was navy blue however it was clean and well maintained. Nice size of flat screen TV, contemporary touch being added to the previously more traditional room. The A/C was a bit loud when it was on, but it was a cold night so we didn't really need it. The room was pretty quiet, maybe only a tiny bit of train noise on the background but it wasn't disturbing in my opinion. There was also a mini fridge in a room which was a plus but we didn't really use since we were only there overnight and had to check out the following early morning. The bed was quite comfortable, I had a good sleep especially after the super long day doing activities.

The bathroom was clean and well maintained. Nice size, fully stocked with plenty of towels and toiletries. Granite countertop and Paul Mitchell shampoos and conditioner caught me by surprise so I didn't get to use my own shampoo I brought from home. I was prepared :)

The pool was not heated, it was about 45-50F outside so my daughter with the rest of her 25 friends decided to "sabotage" the jacuzzi. That's probably why I didn't see any other guests that night on the pool deck, instead I saw them inside the gym that looked quite nice from the outside.

We had the breakfast buffet, I guess because we traveled with the group. It was a simple egg, sausage, bacon, pastries, toasts, cereal, milk and juice and hot beverages breakfast.

One hiccup was I bought a bag of chip from the small gift shop corner at the lobby, and it was already expired. So I went back and changed it to a good one.

I took one star off because Erika who answered the phone that Wednesday night was quite rude when I requested for wake up call as my backup alarm. I didn't even finish my first sentence, and she quickly cut me off and replied, "What time?!" sounded annoyed. I really tried to hold my tongue and let it slide. I answered, "6 am, please" then she replied, "You got it!". The next morning, I was waken up by my own alarm I set up at 5:45 am and started to get ready. 6 am passed and the room phone never rang until 6:45 am, 45 minutes later. Nice! After all that attitude...

This is not my typical hotel, and I'm not sure how much the nightly rate was, however it was overall a nice stay... Except for that rude lady.

Stayed March 2013
Burnaby, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

We stayed here 1 night on our way to Palm Springs. Check in was very friendly, and questions were answered. The lobby was decorated very nicely. Our room smelled fresh, and was nice and clean! We did not use the pool or exercise room. There is no free breakfast, but sure would be nice if there was!

We would stay here again, and highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TobyJoeBurnaby_BC
Sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

We frequently use this location for our employees who travel in and out of the area and also use their meeting facilities. We held our annual Manager's Meeting this month at this location and everyone was very friendly, courteous, professional and ABOVE ALL HONEST!!!!

One of our managers realized after she checked out and at the end of a very long meeting day that she had left her wedding rings in her room. Everyone from the housekeeper to the person behind the reservation desk were helpful and truly concerned......end result, they found her rings and they were just as happy as she was to find them. This location's employees represent Honesty is the best policy and is just one more reason among many, why we stay at Courtyard by Marriott Cal Expo.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business