“Great employees at a great hotel!”

Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo
Ranked #9 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I stayed at the hotel for three nights for a short getaway. We arrived late in the evening and our check in was smooth. Each day we used the shuttle service to get to the outing we were in town for, and the drivers were fun, experienced, and went out of their way to get us what we were looking for. The bar staff at the end of each evening were a great way to end each night. I would definitely stay at this location again. I am not familiar with the Sacramento area, so I can not comment on the location of this hotel in conjunction with other activities, but it was right where we needed to be for what we came into town for.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jill W
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo

Reviewed 20 May 2013

A nice, predictable hotel option without any surprises (a good thing). There's pretty much nothing within walking distance, though, so you'll want a car to go out to eat. Seems like a decent location not far from main roads on the north side of Sacramento. Lobby area is appealing and they do have a restaurant that's open for breakfast and dinner. Check-in/check-out staff weren't particularly welcoming or friendly, but they didn't screw up the reservation or anything (even though I was checking in at 2 a.m. due to a horrendously long SuperShuttle delay).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank FlyGuy47
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Just wanted to start by saying I'm am not typically a good/bad review guy unless service was extreme either way. Attended a Nationwide Sales conference and stayed at the Courtyard Cal Expo. The staff there was extremely accomedating and pleasant! Especially Moe. That guy when above and beyond in my book. With his customer service skills he could work at any 5 star Resort! Rooms and grounds were very well maintained. Overall a great time for me and my whole team! Great Job!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark O
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

This a great basic bussiness hotel. Very clean, comfortable rooms. Neighborhood is clean but not a whole lot to do. Few miles away there is shopping and restaurants including Guy Fieri's Johnny Garlics. Hotel has a restaurant/bar, could not tell quality since I went to have dinner and was told that they are too busy to take my order and that I should ask front desk for directions to other restaurants. That is the only reason I gave it 3 for service. Front desk was very friendly however. Would use again

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Good location. Close to the freeway. Close to Costco. Check in was below average though. They were not busy at all. No line. Front desk employee was not too inviting or personable. Lacked basic customer service skills. He had no smile or made no conversation. Was not given a map of where everything was or what the hotel offered. Requested high floor when booking. However, was given mid floor. Had room 263. Room was spacious. Housekeeping missed a sock left from the previous occupant in the closet though. One light bulb over the desk was out. Other than that, hotel was clean. Well maintained grounds. Enjoyed the mini-fridge. There is a microwave in the lobby market as well. The train close by did not bother me. TIP: Ask for 3rd floor-High floor. Was able to hear people above walking, which was one complaint read in the reviews. However, it did not bug me much. Wireless internet speeds were ok-signal could be a little better. Shampoos and toiletries-Paul Mitchell is a plus. One big Con was the breakfast buffet for $12+. Highly overpriced for the selections. Plus service was not all that either. TIP: Unless it’s included in your rate, eat elsewhere. There are two other Marriott hotels on the premises that offer free breakfast. Will possibly try on a next trip. Overall, hotel was good, but not great.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Critic1000
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I must say that my stay at the Marriott in Sacramento Cal Expo was an unexpected delight. The staff was more then helpful and accomodating. The fool was super and the location and conditon of the hotel was exactly what I was looking for. I will stay there again later they year.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank JamesF920
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Stayed here overnight with my daughter's schoolmates on a field trip about 150 people of us. I can't say much about checking in and out since it was done by the school staff however when we arrived about 7-8 pm on a Wednesday night, everything went well. We didn't have to wait long at all, only had a little briefing at the lobby while they were passing out the room keys.

I chose the double occupancy, just my 9 y.o. and me, and was given a room on level 3 with 2 queen beds facing the inner courtyard. First impression when I first walked into the room was nice. It was actually better than expected. Yes, the carpet was navy blue however it was clean and well maintained. Nice size of flat screen TV, contemporary touch being added to the previously more traditional room. The A/C was a bit loud when it was on, but it was a cold night so we didn't really need it. The room was pretty quiet, maybe only a tiny bit of train noise on the background but it wasn't disturbing in my opinion. There was also a mini fridge in a room which was a plus but we didn't really use since we were only there overnight and had to check out the following early morning. The bed was quite comfortable, I had a good sleep especially after the super long day doing activities.

The bathroom was clean and well maintained. Nice size, fully stocked with plenty of towels and toiletries. Granite countertop and Paul Mitchell shampoos and conditioner caught me by surprise so I didn't get to use my own shampoo I brought from home. I was prepared :)

The pool was not heated, it was about 45-50F outside so my daughter with the rest of her 25 friends decided to "sabotage" the jacuzzi. That's probably why I didn't see any other guests that night on the pool deck, instead I saw them inside the gym that looked quite nice from the outside.

We had the breakfast buffet, I guess because we traveled with the group. It was a simple egg, sausage, bacon, pastries, toasts, cereal, milk and juice and hot beverages breakfast.

One hiccup was I bought a bag of chip from the small gift shop corner at the lobby, and it was already expired. So I went back and changed it to a good one.

I took one star off because Erika who answered the phone that Wednesday night was quite rude when I requested for wake up call as my backup alarm. I didn't even finish my first sentence, and she quickly cut me off and replied, "What time?!" sounded annoyed. I really tried to hold my tongue and let it slide. I answered, "6 am, please" then she replied, "You got it!". The next morning, I was waken up by my own alarm I set up at 5:45 am and started to get ready. 6 am passed and the room phone never rang until 6:45 am, 45 minutes later. Nice! After all that attitude...

This is not my typical hotel, and I'm not sure how much the nightly rate was, however it was overall a nice stay... Except for that rude lady.

Stayed: March 2013