“What A Great Place to Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo

Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo
Ranked #6 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Chico, CA
“What A Great Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Our family stayed here two nights while attending our convention downtown. What a relief it was to arrive at the desk with everything taken care of just as I'd requested. Thank you, Reney! On the way to our room on the third floor, I noticed that it was the first room just around the corner from the elevator. I expected to hear it, but the only time we did was while getting ready for bed in the bathroom, and then only a soft humming sound that only lasted for a few seconds. We never heard it in the bedroom. The room faced the freeway, so I expected to hear it as well, but I had no problem what so ever. Actually, it was probably 2-3 blocks away. Everything was clean and fresh, with a little refrigerator and very comfortable beds. We had food delivered so were very happy to have a rolling table to eat at while sitting on our queen size beds. There was plenty of drawer and closet space for the four of us. The pool was immaculate with towels available nearby. The complimentary breakfast for two was very tasty with PLENTY of choices. Additional breakfasts were only $2.00, I believe. Deanna, our waitress, was very helpful at suppling us with our every need. Check-out was a breeze with our receipt delivered to our room (under the door) early on Sunday morning. Every staff member we dealt with was friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again the next time we have a convention in Sacramento.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LuvToLearn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

I booked this hotel last minute for a quick business meeting. Right when I checked-in, the front desk staff, Moe and Ericka, were attentive to my questions and accommodated all my needs. They were a lot of fun to speak with, yet extremely professional. The room was spacious and the facility had a swimming pool, hot-tub and gym. This hotel was very affordable and definitely worth its value.

Room Tip: I had a corner room which had a huge bathroom and was extremely quiet. Happy hour at the bar and si...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Joshua N
Stevens Point, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

I stayed at the hotel for three nights for a short getaway. We arrived late in the evening and our check in was smooth. Each day we used the shuttle service to get to the outing we were in town for, and the drivers were fun, experienced, and went out of their way to get us what we were looking for. The bar staff at the end of each evening were a great way to end each night. I would definitely stay at this location again. I am not familiar with the Sacramento area, so I can not comment on the location of this hotel in conjunction with other activities, but it was right where we needed to be for what we came into town for.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jill W
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

A nice, predictable hotel option without any surprises (a good thing). There's pretty much nothing within walking distance, though, so you'll want a car to go out to eat. Seems like a decent location not far from main roads on the north side of Sacramento. Lobby area is appealing and they do have a restaurant that's open for breakfast and dinner. Check-in/check-out staff weren't particularly welcoming or friendly, but they didn't screw up the reservation or anything (even though I was checking in at 2 a.m. due to a horrendously long SuperShuttle delay).

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank FlyGuy47
Lehi, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Just wanted to start by saying I'm am not typically a good/bad review guy unless service was extreme either way. Attended a Nationwide Sales conference and stayed at the Courtyard Cal Expo. The staff there was extremely accomedating and pleasant! Especially Moe. That guy when above and beyond in my book. With his customer service skills he could work at any 5 star Resort! Rooms and grounds were very well maintained. Overall a great time for me and my whole team! Great Job!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark O
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

This a great basic bussiness hotel. Very clean, comfortable rooms. Neighborhood is clean but not a whole lot to do. Few miles away there is shopping and restaurants including Guy Fieri's Johnny Garlics. Hotel has a restaurant/bar, could not tell quality since I went to have dinner and was told that they are too busy to take my order and that I should ask front desk for directions to other restaurants. That is the only reason I gave it 3 for service. Front desk was very friendly however. Would use again

• Stayed April 2013
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

Good location. Close to the freeway. Close to Costco. Check in was below average though. They were not busy at all. No line. Front desk employee was not too inviting or personable. Lacked basic customer service skills. He had no smile or made no conversation. Was not given a map of where everything was or what the hotel offered. Requested high floor when booking. However, was given mid floor. Had room 263. Room was spacious. Housekeeping missed a sock left from the previous occupant in the closet though. One light bulb over the desk was out. Other than that, hotel was clean. Well maintained grounds. Enjoyed the mini-fridge. There is a microwave in the lobby market as well. The train close by did not bother me. TIP: Ask for 3rd floor-High floor. Was able to hear people above walking, which was one complaint read in the reviews. However, it did not bug me much. Wireless internet speeds were ok-signal could be a little better. Shampoos and toiletries-Paul Mitchell is a plus. One big Con was the breakfast buffet for $12+. Highly overpriced for the selections. Plus service was not all that either. TIP: Unless it’s included in your rate, eat elsewhere. There are two other Marriott hotels on the premises that offer free breakfast. Will possibly try on a next trip. Overall, hotel was good, but not great.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business