“Moe is the best!”

Ranked #9 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Sacramento, California
“Moe is the best!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Courtyard Cal Expo is my first choice for a hotel in the Sacramento area. It is my home away from home. There is always a cheerful greeting, quick check in and great food/drinks. I am especially happy to see Moe working his magic behind the desk! Not only is Moe gifted at making a person feel welcome, he is also very well versed on all things Marriott. There is nothing he can't handle!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Before this stay, I have not stayed in a Courtyard in a long time. This hotel reminded me why I need to go back to Courtyards. The service was excellent and the rooms were spotless. The rooms were quiet and comfortable. My rate included breakfast and it was quite tasty. I like the newly renovated lobby which tries to identify itself as a bistro or bar. The pool and hot tub were warm and well maintained! Used the guest laundry facility, but had to pay for two dryer cycles; one is not enough for a standard load. They do give free laundry soap which is a plus. This hotel is surrounded by two other Marriott properties but there's plenty of parking behind the Courtyard, just use your key card to enter the back door. Hopefully, I'll never return to Sacramento, but if I do I will definitely stay at this 'oasis'. Truly, this hotel is a gem in the rough city of Sacramento.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
san diego,ca
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is by far the best Courtyard we have encountered. Moe takes excellent care of every guest's needs and provides a very relaxing, stress free, inviting atmosphere that makes this Courtyard head and shoulders above the rest. Will definitely choose this hotel again!!!

San Jose, California
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I book hundreds of hotel rooms all over the U.S. and Canada and I can honestly say that The Courtyard Cal Expo has the best Customer Service EVER…in a large part, thanks to Moe. The Courtyard Cal Expo is our "go to" hotel whenever we need to book rooms in the Sacramento area. Every time I call the hotel and Moe answers the phone, he puts a smile on my face. I know that the call will be quick and painless. No matter how busy Moe is dealing with the Guests at the Front Desk while helping me with my reservations on the phone, he is nothing but courteous and professional…I wish there were more people out there like Moe, the world would definitely be a happier and better place. Keep up the awe-some work, Moe!

San Jose, California
Reviewed 9 April 2014

As a business traveler, it's imporant to find a hotel that makes you feel comfortable and welcome. The staff at the hotel goes out of their way to learn your name and remember it for future visits.

One person working the front desk that deserves special recognition is a gentleman named "Moe". The hotel is blessed to have an employee with his enthusiasm. However, this is not to take anything away from the other staff members working the front desk as they're exceptional as well but once you meet Moe, you've made a friend for life.

I find the rooms to be clean and smelling fresh and housekeeping to be very helpful and accomodating.

Should you want to have a drink, please make sure you visit the bar. They've got a nice large TV showing sports and serving great food and mixed drinks by their bartender, Cory.

The only downside is that the hotel chain has recently changed their format of serving food. It can become very hectic during the morning hours and I prefer their old format when it was self-serve and you can receive free refills of coffee.

There are several places to eat nearby (Subway, Taco Del Mar and Extreme Pizza). I highly recommend Extreme Pizza.....they do a great job! And if you prefer something nicer, you can travel over to the Arden Fair Mall where you'll find a great variety of restaurants!

Hope this review helps and keep up the great job, Moe!

San Diego, California
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stay at this hotel over 100 nights per year for business travel. One of the reasons is the amazing staff. Moe at the front desk is absolutely amazing. He is always bright and energetic and always happy to see you. Details of the room for check-in are always taken care of in advance.

Cory at the bar is equally incredible. She knows you by name from your first stay, and has regulars that visit over the years. Always quick with a joke and a smile and makes everyone feel like family.

The hotel is recently updated and remodeled for the new Courtyard Bistro look. Good menu options for food and good specials in the bar.

I highly recommend this property for business or pleasure travel!

Room Tip: Both King and Double bed options are very similar in layout. Be sure to specifically ask for a micr...
San Jose
Reviewed 27 March 2014

As others have said, not much around, but we knew that going in. Lobby is excellent for wifi, charging stations, printing boarding passes, etc. Everything in lobby and in our room was clean and modern. The only negative was that our reservation said 1 king and we got a room with 2 queens, but since the room was fine (not small) and we had brought in our bags, we stayed there.
The best surprise was the food at the bistro. Who knew they could make good restaurant-quality food in the lobby? Since we were too tired to go out again looking for food, we tried the bistro for dinner, expecting packaged and nuked food. But no! Excellent hot & fresh sandwiches and fantastic cole slaw. Liked it so much we ate breakfast there, and again, better than some cafes & restaurants. Employees all very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay there again.
I didn't rate value, because this was a "freebie" for us. In that way, the value was great!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo