Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo
US$172
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
US$87
All reviewscal expocourtyard marriottfront desktrain noisegreat customer servicearden malllobby areadefinitely stay here againclean roomsbusiness tripfree breakfastcorybistroaveryearplugsfreewayfairfield
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was a little nervous when I walked into my room and saw a disposable pair of earplugs waiting for me, but honestly - I never even thought about using them. Nice, quiet rooms. Hotel was updated and the lobby was fantastic! Great Bistro and lounge area with plenty of seating, good food and speedy bartenders. There is not airport shuttle. It's about a 15-20 minute drive.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side of the building seemed to lack a bit of water pressure.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Accounting and Financial Womens Alliance has a monthly dinner meeting and presentation at the Courtyard at CalExpo. We've been holding our meetings here for 2 years and the customer service, dinner service and food have all been excellent. The dinner service provided by Debra is reliable and professional. She caters to our needs and goes above and beyond our expectations. The hotel conveniently located and the conference rooms have been recently remodeled and are nicely decorated.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Let me take a minute of my trip to share my thoughts on a wonderful hotel.

Rarely does a chain hotel's accommodations and service exceed my expectations, such that I feel compelled to write a review of gratitude during the middle of a vacation stay. This one hits all the high notes and earns the praise.

First, the following staff deserve special commendations: Moe, Kevin, Araceli (front desk) and Arthur (F & B). These four are just some of the stellar service folks who have made it easy for our coach and our adult chaperones to help our 14-15 year old boys feel as much at home as possible during a 4-day soccer tournament. All staff have gone above and beyond to give 5-star service at a 3-star hotel. Arthur, in the food and beverage department, was so kind as to share half of the outdoor grill to let us prepare our peppers and onions for homemade fajitas. Can you believe it?

The lobby and bar area create a spacious, home-like feeling of community among staff and guests alike. The little market area by the front desk offers snacks and necessities without gouging on price. The little Starbucks Bistro is a welcome call for a mid-day espresso.

After a long day of soccer and chaperoning, it sure does feel great to collapse into a most comfortable bed and get a quiet night's rest.

The property offers easy freeway access and Costco is right around the corner.

I'm just a soccer Dad. I hope that my five-star review and my comments serve as a guidepost for other guests considering this property, especially families with children.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Went to a meeting sponsored by Dignity Health tonight, Nice location, right off the freeway. And the refreshments were delicious, especially the chocolate macadamia coconut cookies. I called the hotel afterwards and spoke to someone in the Bistro Restaurant (forgot his name already - Jason? Joshua? Jeremy?), who said the cookie dough is bought from Sysco and baked on premises. He said I could buy the cookies from the Bistro or try to buy them from Sysco.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I've stayed at the Courtyard Marriott several times now and it has been a great experience every time. The beds are the best of any hotel I've stayed in - excellent for my 6'5" person. It's quiet, the blinds block out all light as they should, it's close to the river and a great walking/jogging path, and whoever does the staff hiring knows how to choose friendly people. On my last visit in early June I somehow left my suitcase in the parking lot. I called to see if it had been found and they already had it locked up in the office. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014