“Excellent value”

Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Tiburon, CA
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

A very pleasant, friendly atmosphere, clean, spacious room, very nice breakfast.
Excellent value!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Bend, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2009

I chose this hotel for it's location near Cal Expo, as well as the Marriott reputation. My wife had a problem at check-in; the lady at the front desk was trying to apply an extra $13 fee that was not on our confirmation. It took a visit from the manager in the back to resolve it.

The room was large and nicely furnished; however, the bathroom was smaller, and there was no mini-refrigerator as promised on the Marriott website. The biggest issue was noise; you could constantly hear the other rooms' doors open and shut, as well as some other hallway, room and air conditioning noise. There is also must be a railroad nearby, as we heard a train pass by several times during the day and night. I am a heavy sleeper, and all of the above noise bothered me. It certainly bothered my wife.

There is plenty of parking, and the location near Cal Expo and I-80 is great. However, if I were to return to the area, I'd try another place.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank OregonBeer
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2009

We were planning a trip to the California State Fair and wanted to stay near the fair. This hotel is walking distance to Cal Expo. The registration clerk was extremely friendly and helpful. The cafe team was the same. We got an incredible package for the fair that included tickets to the fair and a full breakfast (not just the typical fair of bagels and cream cheese - they served omelets, sausages, bacon, pastries, waffles, orange juice, yogurt, oatmeal, cold cereals, fruit...). Free parking. New hotel. Big rooms (we had two queens - not sure what the other rooms were like). Nice big bathroom. Generous with towels. Rooms were spotless. Nicely decorated - looked more high end than you'd expect for a Courtyard. If you are sightseeing downtown, this is probably not the best location. But if you're going to any event at Cal Expo, I highly recommend this hotel. If we go to the State Fair next year, we'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Walnutcreekgirl
Cupertino, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2009

This Courtyard is very clean and has a very high end feel to it. I considered the rate very reasonable. Service staff very friendly. There is no free breakfast. But, after staying at 'free breakfast' places with very tight, cramped eating areas and constantly saying 'excuse me, I'm sorry' to everyone, it was almost a relief to eat in an open and spacious eating area.

I did not face the railroad the other reviewers mentioned, but I chose this location because was in a quiet location away the city.

I really liked this place.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Napa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2009

I stayed one night while on return home from a business trip. This is one of the nicer Courtyard hotels I have stayed in! Everything was fresh, clean, and in good working condition.
The on-site restaurant had one of the better meals I have had in a while, whether at a hotel or not!
The rooms were quiet (even though mine faced the freeway. I never heard any trains as one reviewer noted). The room was clean, in good working condition. Only slight complaint was that internet connection was slow in the room...whether wired or wireless.
I would certainly return, especially if given the same rate!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2008

This hotel is new, clean, and easy access to most of Sacramento. I have stayed here many times for business purposes and every time the service has been great.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
eCommerceCoordinator, eCommerce Coordinator at Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, 4 January 2009
Dear ATravelerCalifornia,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so very happy to know that you have stayed with us many times on business and have experienced our superior customer service every time! We are extremely proud of our efforts in maintaining a very high level of customer service, and we want to thank you for your recognition.

Thank you for always choosing to stay with us while in the Sacramento area. We truly appreciate having you as our guest and look forward to your next visit!

eCommerce Coordinator
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2008

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott for one night on a business trip. My room was on the third floor, facing the parking lot. The hotel is a bit removed from downtown Sacramento in a park of Marriott hotels. That was fine for our purposes, but don't expect lots to do!

I had read the reviews about the train noise, and I can confirm that the rumors are true. Every couple of hours a train went by and signaled its presence. It woke me up each time. When I wasn't waking up due to train noise, I was startled by the on and off of the air system. Once the air reached the right temperature, it turned off, only to turn back on with a bang every hour or so. Between the train and the air, I woke up every hour throughout the night. I disabled the air, but the train kept coming.

Just in case you think I'm a light sleeper (which I am), my colleague who also had a room on the third floor had the same experience. She managed to sleep through some of the train activity (but not all of it), she was startled by the air system.

I didn't rate this hotel lower because there are positive elements. Namely, the room was large and pleasant, the bed was very comfortable and staff were welcoming.

• Liked — Comfortable room and bed
  • Disliked — Noise from trains and air system
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
eCommerceCoordinator, eCommerce Coordinator at Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, 11 January 2009
Dear 415traveler,

Thank you for completing the review and for your compliments on our rooms and friendly staff. We appreciate your time in giving us your feedback.

We also want to apologize for your experience with the train noise. We are aware of this sudden influx of trains passing in the night and have taken the necessary steps to look into this situation further.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to stay with us while in the Sacramento area.

eCommerce Coordinator