“Too expensive”

Ranked #27 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Kansas
“Too expensive”
Reviewed 29 September 2010

This hotel was very nice -- large, quiet rooms; large breakfast area; great breakfast choices; friendly staff. The shuttle van driver was quite friendly and gave us good restaurant options. The downside was the cost -- $186 (w/ taxes) was way too expensive for a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank KansasHummingbird

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Seattle
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Okay, if you read my reviews, you can see I am pretty loyal to the Holiday Inn chain, and for good reason. They usually have a fantastic breakfast, the rooms are usually a great value, and they have upgraded most hotels, offering a good reward program. So, I stayed here catching an early flight out of SAC. Check in was early, and the front desk had zero problem with this. Staff as always, seems to be very well trained, and this HI was no exception. We lay down for a nap on arrival, and almost never got back up. I do not know how they made the sheets so soft, and the bedding so comfortable, but my wife and I slept ever so well. This hotel offers a great breakfast, although we left before it was fully available. I used the business center, and found it to be nice, with a great printer and ammenities. The pool area is spotless, not to mention the suite type rooms...very nice, with comfortable couch, 32 inch television, microwave, fridge etc. This hotel is also located a hop skip and a jump from SAC Metro Airport, and it only took us about 9 minutes to return the rental car, and hop onto our flight. This HI is an obvious choice for those road trips, or airport proximity trips....bravo HI...One minor detail...the room was a little pricey at 135.00 per night.. I have been in similar HI`s for 99-110 a night...just a wee bit high there....

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank DaveFrancis
Northern California
Reviewed 16 September 2010

I was very pleased with my recent stay at the HIX Natomas. The hotel is less than 10 minutes south of the airport, with the I-5 on one side and a slew of fast food restaurants and a small shopping center with a Safeway on the other. All of my requests were met by an efficient, courteous front desk staff both upon check-in and check-out. My room was clean, modern, spacious, and quiet. The breakfast area is roomy and pleasant and has most, if not all, of the HIX specialties (including those good cinnamon rolls). I would stay here again in a minute. Cheaper options are available elsewhere, but I felt that the value was there for the price I paid.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Huntington Beach, CA
Reviewed 15 August 2010

This looked like a brand new hotel. Great rooms and great customer service. Also in a great area with lots of food and shopping options nearby. I would definitely stay here again. Most enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Volcano, California
Reviewed 21 July 2010

This place is clean and new, with very good rooms and friendly staff. The excellent Malabar restaurant is a short walk away. However, the best rate we could get was $165 a night, and that is too much for a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Austin, TX
Reviewed 3 July 2010

Pros:
Pretty grounds. Nice room, lobby. Very convenient to airport (but not so close to be bothered by plane noise) and restaurants nearby (mostly fast-food). Free airport shuttle service, but you must call/reserve it in advance. A very nice, unique touch: breakfast bar is open, well-stocked at 4 AM, and a nice brownbag "to go" snack pack is provided for guests with very early checkout before breakfast hours. Free USA Today outside your room in the AM.

Desk clerk named Melissa is VERY, VERY nice, cheerful, friendly. Went out of her way to be helpful, set up wake-up call without being asked. The gentleman who checked me in was also nice but seemed to struggle working the front desk computer and I saw him doing other hotel tasks, so perhaps he is a bit overworked and/or undertrained.

Cons:
Loud, continuous "fan or engine-like" noise sound coming from the bathroom area that cannot be turned off, probably the hotel-wide AC fan system; at night it sounds like a freight train. Business center computers are somewhat slow (but free).

Service and staff were overall very good, as noted above. When I called before arrival, I specifically asked for a quiet room on the top floor, only to arrive and discover the person I spoke to had booked me into a room directly next to the elevator and ice machine. When I asked for another room location, a female clerk (NOT Melissa) rather brusquely said, "We are completely booked/full," but then the gentleman desk clerk standing right next to her somehow magically found another available room minutes later with no problem.

Also, the evening before I left for a very early flight (5 AM), a maintenance man carelessly decided to turn on & run very loud equipment/vacuum/engine-sounding thing for 15 minutes at around 10 PM at night. It could be heard down the entire floor corridor. I guess the words "quiet room" and "completely booked/full" have different translations outside California...:).

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank marieTX
San Diego, California
Reviewed 11 June 2010

This hotel was clean and spacious. We found a great deal on Hotwire and it was the perfect location for attending a concert at Arco Arena. There are tons of food choices in the immediate area and it was also very conveniently located near the airport. The breakfast was just ok and I did not care for their signature cinnamon rolls but I thought it was fine considering we only paid $59 a night. Our room was located right next to the exit to the outside so we were disturbed by people going in and out of the building.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple