We happened to be staying at this hotel during the California State Fair (Fairgrounds right next door) and the parking was always a challenge in the evening because of the Fair-goers. The lot is not that big and it's definitely competitive.
The rooms are basic although the studio king room was a bit small. The wing chair was right up next to the bed and there is an odd configuration for the bathroom. The door swings open into the side of the bed. The refrigerator was full size and the kitchenette was well equipped. Due to a mix up, I did spend one night in a studio with 2 queen beds and it was much bigger and there was room to move around. I would recommend in general you request a room on the street side (not parking lot side) of the hotel. We had a number of rooms for our party and the street side rooms were bigger all around.
The hotel did offer a nice continental breakfast spread and if you were early enough (and the carnies weren't there) you could enjoy hard boiled eggs and fresh fruit along with the usual breads, cereal, and yogurt.
I used the washer and dryer and it was fine although one person in our party had her clothes come out with all kinds of stains from the machine. The hotel sent the stuff out for cleaning and everything came out, but be warned - especially if you don't have time to wait and see if they can have them cleaned for you. The pool is awkwardly located in the front parking lot and is very small so if there are a lot of kids or if you want quiet, it's hard to come by. In general the staff was really kind and attempted to be helpful. There was one gentleman at the front desk who didn't seem to know what he was doing, but we usually just waited until someone else came on shift to ask for assistance.
The only real down side to the hotel is we did have some things stolen while we were there by other guests. I think it's partly the transient element of the people who come during the fair. It was partly our fault (we flipped the prop on the door to step out for a minute and came back in less than 5 minutes, but someone came along and took our things).
Another person in our group mentioned having the door propped on the metal lock while waiting for someone else to stop by and some strangers started to come into the room - no knocking - and when they saw someone inside said, "sorry" and quickly walked away.
If you need a hotel with easy freeway access, this is pretty conveniently located, just don't stay here during the California State Fair.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Real Living! I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to the TownePlace Suites Cal Expo, Sacramento CA. The TownePlace Suites is conveniently located to all major destinations of Sacramento, including Sacramento International Airport, Downtown Sacramento, California State Capital, and Old Town Sacramento. We offer 117 spacious suites that come in four different floor plans, ranging from Studio Suites with one queen bed or two queen beds, One Bedroom Suites and Two Bedroom Suites. Each of our hotel suites is uniquely designed for the extended stay travel in mind with fully quipped kitchens and the welcome home feel. We provide a complimentary local shuttle service Monday-Friday,within a 5-mile radius, which would be a great transportation resource for your personnel. There is also 775 sq. ft. of meeting space that can comfortably accommodate 25-30 people as well as catering services available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your TownePlace Suites Sacramento Cal Expo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Sacramento Cal Expo Hotel Sacramento
- Sacramento Towneplace Suites