“MY STAY”

TownePlace Suites Sacramento Cal Expo
Ranked #37 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 26 November 2012

My stay was overall the best. Front desk is very helpful and kind.maybe new staff? ive stayed herre before,but this time was a upgrade lol I enjoyed my stay.Housekeeping was reall good especially gladys,shes a sweetheart! the lady from front desk Erica always smiling and Sandie.They were both helpful!! Definetly satying here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed here again for work and I must say that the front desk staff is super friendly and very helpful. I think it's a new management company than the last time I was here and everyone seemed very capable.

The rooms are decent and kept clean if showing a tiny bit of wear, but everyone I encountered was great.

However, we had items stolen from this hotel last year and we had two incidents this year as well. The first one was not the fault of the hotel, but tells you a little about the area: our rental car had it's window smashed right in front of the hotel in the middle of a bright weekday afternoon and a GPS unit was stolen. Multiple cars in the lot were broken into including one of the hotel staff's cars.

A week later, some member of the hotel staff (we were also told the door lock wasn't working properly) stole a laptop out of our room. The evening we reported it missing we came up while another guest was reporting his iPad stolen out of his room. People shouldn't leave things out, but there is not a safe in the room and as a business hotel I would think leaving your laptop while your door is closed and locked should not be a concern. Let me say that the hotel did make things right, but two stays and three incidents tells me this hotel is unfortunately in a bad area and you should avoid it.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank OpEd
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Rooms are spacious with a comfortable bed. TV was upgraded to flat screen during my stay with DirecTV. Was able to connect PS3 w/HDMI. Internet speed is not very good. Breakfast is limited. These were the only downfalls. However, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We stayed at this property for 19 days and it was lovely! Everything you need is there, the room is not as big as Marriott's Residence Inn but it was cozy. The staff are friendly and they remember you. There's an issue about the auto door lock in our room during our stay but they made sure they check it every now and then. There is a small swimming pool and family usually hangout and make some bbq on weekends. The Costco is a 10-min walk from the hotel if you need to buy some stuff. The breakfast selection is not much but adequate enough. Overall stay was comfortable!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JustMeAndMyOpinion
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We went to Sacramento for a memorial service for a family member. Usually we stayed at the Residence Inn on Howe Avenue, but we took issue with that hotel because we wanted two queen beds, and all they could offer was a penthouse. Because there were only three of us, we didn't need that much room. So the search began, and it turned out that this hotel was the only one that could offer us two queens. It was about half the cost as the Residence Inn.

We checked in at about 3:00 AM, but had no problems except parking. The hotel is located on a Marriott hotel campus with a Courtyard by Marriott across the parking lot, and a Fairfield Inn next door. Because of our circumstances we usually got back to the hotel fairly late each night, and all parking was taken, forcing us to park in the rear of the Courtyard. Additionally the desk clerk (I don't want to knock any of the staff, they were all great) did not know the shortest way to our room, telling us to take one elevator when we should have taken the other.

The two beds in our room were fine, one was firm, the other soft, and all three of us slept well. The TV was an old box TV, but we didn't watch it the entire time we were there. We did use the WiFi, and had no problems. The kitchenette was adequate, but we had very little need for it aside from the refrigerator. It also had a two burner stove top, dishwasher, microwave, and coffee maker. The bathroom is a real bathroom, not a tub surround. It had a porcelain bathtub, and ceramic tile, a pleasant change! However, the tub itself was low profile for easy entry, and the shower curtain was barely long enough. Water easily seeps out onto the floor while showering. Additionally the bathroom is not ventilated, so to keep it cool the door must be propped open while you are away.

On weekends the hot breakfast is served until 10:00 AM. This array was limited. We have eaten better at the Residence Inn. "Hot" included oatmeal and make-your-own waffles. There was also a selection of three dry cereals, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, breads, bagels and muffins. It was nothing fancy or spectacular. On weekdays (service until 9:30) they serve scrambled eggs, and the attendant walks over to the Courtyard to get them. This dining room has a sign that says capacity is 25. There are four tables for two, two tables for 4, two chairs in the business center, and a couch and two chairs in the living room arrangement for a total seating of 23. The dining room does get busy in the morning. If I read the floor plan correctly there are 165 rooms in this hotel. If the hotel is even half full the dining room becomes overwhelmed very quickly.

The pool and spa are small, but the area was never crowded while we were there. We did not use the fitness room. This hotel is designed for conventioneers, but there were a surprising number of families with children.

This hotel is very conveniently located right off of Business 80, and down the street from Cal Expo. The Arden Fair Mall is close by too, and there are plenty of restaurants along Arden Way. There are railroad tracks close by, and if the sound of train horns bother you, this may not be your best choice. This did not bother us at all. We recommend this hotel unless you want extras. This is good for basics. Marriott describes this hotel as a mid-priced extended stay hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the North are on the Freeway entrance ramp. Rooms facing South are on the parking lot...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank norshore
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We were on a road trip with our kids. TownePlace Suites Sacramento was the first place we stayed. The first impression was the cleanliness and freshness by the time we walked in. The lobby was small, but Singh & Sandie at the front desk were very friendly. Then we were surprised to see a small but equipped with everything a kitchen should have: stove, dishwasher, sink, pans and pots, refrigerator, freezer, microwave and a dinning table inside a reasonable size room. Although we didn't need to use the kitchen for cooking this time since we checked in late (after 10 pm) and had already had dinner, but certainly will choose this place again in the future if we should visit Sacramento again. Breakfast was free and simple, There were 3 washers (one was out of order) and 3 dryers in the guest laundry room, but all were in use by the time we wanted to use at around11 p.m. and there were couple people still in line waiting for their turn too. We ended up doing our laundry in the morning. $1 for washing and $1 for drying, good deal. There were swimming pool, spa, and a small gym, but we didn't get the change to use them because we had to leave the next day morning right after breakfast. Over all we enjoyed our stay at this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann L
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This was my first stay at this location. I had traveled to Sacramento that morning and then worked a 10 hour day before heading to the hotel to check in around 530pm. When I arrived I was told my room wasn't ready and to be honest I was not pleased. The girl at the front desk told me it would only be 15 mins or so and she was right, she gave me my keys and I was on my way to my room. The complementary breakfast was just OK but the location is close to the freeway and just a short drive to Arden Fair Mall with many restaurants to choose from. I will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012