“Great time at Towne Place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites Sacramento Cal Expo

TownePlace Suites Sacramento Cal Expo
Ranked #39 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Capitola, California
“Great time at Towne Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

In our "Summer of Fun" for 2013, we wanted to see the California State Fair (CalExpo). I found this hotel during internet searches - it's proximity to the Fair is excellent. It's just a short walk away through the tunnel. The hotel was clean, plenty of food for breakfast in the morning, parking is wide open and close, staff was helpful, and the hot tub was great.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ceevee830

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

My company has been using the TownePlace Suites Cal Expo since August 2012 and I have two people come in each week to support a project in Sacramento. I must say the TownePlace Suites has far exceeded my expectations and the expectations of my personnel that have stayed there. My team has expressed their complete satisfaction of this Hotel from the rooms to the great facilities and full breakfast. I had contracted with two Hotels in Sacramento to support this project but each week I kept getting requests from my team to stay at the TownePlace Suites over the other Hotel, so now the TownePlace Suites is our exclusive Hotel of choice for the remainder of this project. I must also mention that Aarti Ram, the General Manager at TownePlace Suites has been an exceptional asset to me from negotiating a great rate to dealing with all issues that have come up in the past 10 months in a most professional and expeditious manner. Aarti and her staff have been fantastic and extremely professional, I highly recommend the TownePlace Suites not only for their great property but for their amazing staff. GREAT JOB!
Gary Landess

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Morgan Hill, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

Spent 3 nites here. I expect above average from Marriott, but this was not. Asked for a quiet room and first one offered was by the pool, next by the elevator. Finally go one in a corner that was OK. Hard to maintain a comfortable temp in the room. Either too cool or too warm. (This seems to be a symptom of most rooms lately.) Didn't care for the way the bathroom door opened right beside the bed and barely cleared it. Breakfast fare was OK, but they ran out of coffee cups one day and substituted 4 oz Styrofoam cups. Had them the next day, too. On that day they also pretty much ran out of food except for cold cereal. An apology and a voluntary adjustment to the bill would have been nice, but neither were forthcoming. We'll stay elsewhere in Sacto from here on.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
San Ramon, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Not once have I had a bad experience at the TownePlace Suites Cal Expo, the rooms are always extremely clean, the Staff is "always" friendly and helpful.. I have stayed there every year for the last 5 years and not once have I had a bad room... The breakfast in the morning is included and has a nice selection of cereal, yogurt, toast and bagels.. waffles and GREAT coffee... I had the opportunity to speak with the Sales Manager Toni Mack and was a delightful conversation.. I would and will recommend this Hotel to any staying in the Sacramento area. Regards D. Passadore

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Dianna P
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

I arrived in Sacramento and had booked with a separate hotel. After one night I decided to look for a different place to switch my reservations for the duration of the rest of my business trip, and that's when I found Towne Place. I always try and stay Marriott and this hotel lived up to the Marriott name I knew. The hotel has a couple room options and I chose the actual suite. The room was comparable to a small apartment. Very spacious and clean. The room had a small kitchenette with a large refrigerator, microwave, and two burners. I was actually was shocked to find actual glassware in the cabinets and a small dishwasher. Off of the kitchenette was a separate sitting room with couch, table, and television. There was a second television then in the bedroom. The rate for the suite was amazing and a no brainer. Unlike some Marriott hotels this hotel offered free wi-fi. The breakfast had hot waffles and scrambled eggs (not the cheap powder eggs). Never used the actual pool itself but spent time using the gas grill next to the patio area provided for use by hotel guest. The hotel also has three washers and dryers for laundry (and the dryers actually dry with just one cycle). The hotel staff was professional and always went above and beyond to make sure the stay was nice. Next time I stay in Sacramento it will definitely be here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jonathan G
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

I have been at this hotel for over four weeks now and I have zero complaints. The room is very spacious and clean. The staff has gone above and beyond to make my stay as comfortable as possible and they have treated me as a part of their family.

I highly recommend this hotel for short or long term stays.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

We like having a room where you don't have to sit on the bed to watch TV. We had a studio that had a sofa. It was small but adequate for the time we were there. We especially like having the kitchen and larger refrigerator and coffee maker. Our only problem was no one told us about using the key card to activate the air conditioner. We kept trying all different ways to adjust the temp until we finally called the desk.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple