“Check your room for bedbugs”

TownePlace Suites Sacramento Cal Expo
Ranked #37 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
“Check your room for bedbugs”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Woke up with bedbug bites and found them on the bed-check your room before settling in! I will never stay at this hotel again when visiting Sacramento. They told me when I checked out they'd have the manager call me, still haven't heard from anyone.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Moops1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

A short drive from downtown Sacramento, TownePlace Suites is a comfortable hotel with free parking and easy access to the freeway. Breakfast, while basic, was included in the price and there was also free WiFi internet.

Overnighting on our way back to San Francisco, my parents and I shared a two-bedroom suite for a very reasonable weekend price. Check-in was quick and the rooms large enough for the three of us to comfortably spend the night. While there isn't much around the hotel (save for two other Marriott hotels), it was only a 5 minute drive to Sacramento where there are plenty of places to go out or have dinner.

One great thing about the location is it's close proximity to the American River Parkway Trail which makes it easy to go for a run in the morning or an evening walk. Overall, if you're looking for a basic place to spend the night, the TownePlace Suites is a good option.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Felton, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Nice comfortable rooms with separate sitting area. Great beds. Well equipped small kitchen area. Fairly quiet. Standard breakfast--waffles, cereal, etc. Good location Staff was friendly. Small restaurant in Courtyard across the parking lot.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Fremont, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

The room is very refreshing when we first arrived.
Room temperature already cool down to 75F.
Outside temperature is over 100F.
Easy parking and plenty of food for breakfast.
This is my second times stay in this hotel.
Last time I got a bigger room.
This year I got a smaller room but it is still a very nice room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Topanga, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Based largely upon TA reviews, I recently stayed at this Marriott property for a long weekend needing access to downtown Sacramento, Cal Expo, and Davis. A car is essential for this location. The hotel is located in a largely commercial district with its only neighbors being other hotels. Not too far is a large shopping mall and to the east are neighborhoods with more choices for restaurants, shopping, groceries, and church. The hotel was clean, well kept, and largely smoke free except around the pool. Next time I will ask for a room that does not face the pool so as to avoid the late night pool party noise and the cigarette stink. The location and the cost make it a good value. It was about 15 min drive to downtown, walking distance (15 min) to Cal Expo, and about 20 min drive to Davis. While I was there, the staff seemed friendly and efficient.

No issues with the room, which was clean and had such amenities as a full size fridge, microwave, range, and dishwasher. They also provide a few pots, plates, tableware, coffee maker, toaster, and dishwashing supplies. One morning I saw guests barbecuing at the poolside gas grill. For some reason, the layout of my room meant you could get to the bathroom from the bed area or through the closet. Why anybody would want to get to the bathroom through the closet is beyond me. The AC took getting used to since you have to plug your keycard into the wall to make it run and my unit always reset to 70 degrees F after I had been away making me reset it little higher everytime I returned. The LCD t.v. had a basic set of cable network channels. I saw a guest laundry room too. No problems in the bathroom. My shower had a good stream which was welcome to freshen up after being out on a hot day. No issues with the complimentary wi-fi or with the parking.

The complimentary breakfast was pretty basic – coffee and hot drinks, cereal, waffle maker, toast/muffins a few bagels, boiled eggs, a few fruits but no fruit plate. The seating area was pretty meager and most guests took their paper plates to their rooms. The coffee was decent. If you want heartier fare such as scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns, etc you will either have to get it and cook it yourself or drive down the road to one of several diners.

Overall, I had a positive experience at this Marriott property and I will probably stay here again if I have a car and need access to Cal Expo; however, I would definitely request a room not overlooking the pool.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank J13345
Capitola, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

In our "Summer of Fun" for 2013, we wanted to see the California State Fair (CalExpo). I found this hotel during internet searches - it's proximity to the Fair is excellent. It's just a short walk away through the tunnel. The hotel was clean, plenty of food for breakfast in the morning, parking is wide open and close, staff was helpful, and the hot tub was great.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ceevee830
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

My company has been using the TownePlace Suites Cal Expo since August 2012 and I have two people come in each week to support a project in Sacramento. I must say the TownePlace Suites has far exceeded my expectations and the expectations of my personnel that have stayed there. My team has expressed their complete satisfaction of this Hotel from the rooms to the great facilities and full breakfast. I had contracted with two Hotels in Sacramento to support this project but each week I kept getting requests from my team to stay at the TownePlace Suites over the other Hotel, so now the TownePlace Suites is our exclusive Hotel of choice for the remainder of this project. I must also mention that Aarti Ram, the General Manager at TownePlace Suites has been an exceptional asset to me from negotiating a great rate to dealing with all issues that have come up in the past 10 months in a most professional and expeditious manner. Aarti and her staff have been fantastic and extremely professional, I highly recommend the TownePlace Suites not only for their great property but for their amazing staff. GREAT JOB!
Gary Landess