I stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip to Sacramento, one of my favorite cities. The hotel is a tall nondescript building at the eastern edge of downtown. But I was pleasantly surprised by how bright, warm and pleasant the lobby and my room was. All the staff I interacted with were exceptionally friendly and helpful. I loved my one bedroom suite. It was very well designed and comfortable. You could hear hallway noise in the living area, but once you were in the bedroom it was quiet, dark (with the curtains closed), with a comfortable quiet heating system and a great bed. Breakfast was good for a free breakfast and included lots of options and better quality foods than a best western/holiday inn. I would have had a fabulous stay if it wasn't for the parking situation. Parking is $17/night which is both too expensive for the hotel's location and waaaay too expensive for what you get. The hotel's parking spaces are on 3 of the top four floors of a 13 floor (7 main floors, 6 sub-floors) parking garage located next to the hotel. From the hotel, there's a sharp left turn and then to get into the lot an immediate turn right into a narrow opening against a tall concrete wall. It's a strange and difficult setup and I badly scraped the side of my rental car in the process. From the looks of that wall and the curb across from it, I'm not the only one to have trouble--there was lots of car paint, scratch marks, and crumbling concrete from other hotel guests. Then, guests are only allowed to park at the top so there's a long drive up which I fond frustrating as the garage is largely empty in the evenings. All of the spots were full except the top roofless level every time I tried to park (at 9pm, noon and 6pm). And because of the specific area leased by the hotel, none of the parking is both near the elevator and under a roof. Once you check into the hotel, you can use your key to access the garage from K St, between 15 and 16th. This is a typical garage entrance (and the only exit). It's a shame, because if they put a rubber bumper on the garage entrance and either dropped the price or leased lower floors, I would've loved this place. As it stands, I would recommend it if you don't have a car (although there are many hotels with a better walking location) or if you just need parking for the night and can park on the street. I'm pretty sure it's cheaper to park in that garage if you drive in the main entrance instead of dealing with the hotel so that's another option. For me, the stress of damaging a rental car was a distraction from my trip and makes it hard to rate this hotel highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at Sacramento's newly renovated Residence Inn that offers a full service experience in the heart of Downtown. Conveniently located one block from the State Capitol and the Convention Center, our downtown location offers world class restaurants, theaters, museums and city wide events all within walking distance. This beautiful 15-story hotel offers 235 spacious suites that include fully-equipped kitchens, living rooms with plenty of space for relaxing & entertaining. Our just remodeled 3 Fires Lounge located just off the lobby offers a lunch and dinner menu as well as in room dining. We make your stay more enjoyable with complimentary grocery shopping & on-site laundry facilities. Don't forget to join us for our complimentary hot breakfast buffet each morning. Relax by our pool or soak in the spa to melt tensions away. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, our friendly staff takes pride in exceeding your every expectation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown At Capitol Park Hotel Sacramento
- Residence Inn Capitol Park
- Sacramento Residence Inn