Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
US$144
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskfull kitchenconvention centerrose gardenparking garageone bedroom suiteacross the streethotel barliving areawalking distancerooms are largehome away from homegreat customer servicedefinitely stay here againi highly recommend this hotelgreat roomcomplimentary breakfast
Reviewed 19 June 2012 via mobile

The hotel is an ideal location if you have business downtown or at the Capitol. Rooms are decent and average sized but the beds were uncomfortable and the linens (towels and sheets) were old and rough.

• Stayed: February 2012
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Thank you for your review. I agree we have a perfect location in the city, the view of Capitol Park, the restaurants and night clubs in walking distance make it easy for our guests to get around without alot of effort. Regarding the sheets and towels, we noticed this as well and just last month we changed the company we use for our linen and we purchased several cases of brand new sheets and towels; out with the old and in with the new!! So sorry you did not get to experience the new stuff, but certainly if you retrun you will notice the difference.

Again, thanks for sharing your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Shelly Moranville

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stayed here for a week in May/June and it was well above my expectations. Every member of the staff from the front desk to the bar to the housekeepers are helpful, positive, smiley, and really seem to want to help you and make your experience great. This is rare to be consistent across the board and for an extended period of time!

I've worked in hotels and restaurants my entire life and I have to say I have been so impressed by a staff as a whole while I was here. The hotel is in a great location, lots of activity around, easy to walk to places, it's clean and comfortable! The employees want you to feel comfortable. Every question I had, every request I made, was met above and beyond my expectations and with a smile. Stay here!

Room Tip: I was offered to change to a higher room and didn't take it, but if you stay on the second floor near the pool/gym the way the door to those room slams disturbs your door. I'd avoid the 2nd floor if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Thank you so very much for your review, I don't think I could agree with you more! As the General Manager here I am so very proud of our entire staff and the care they give our guests. I can tell you each one of them takes great pride in our hotel and making sure our guests feel safe and comfortable while away from home. I am truly fortunate to be surrounded by so many good people! I will promise to share your comments with the entire team at our daily huddle!

We hope to see you again soon!

Shelly Moranville

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Every year we come to Sacramento to attend the Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses at the Convention Center, we stay here. The location to the Convention center can't be beat. Almost right across the street. The rooms are very clean, well maintained and spacious. Having the kitchen is very handy. Great hot breakfast. Staff is extremely kind and accomidating.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I found this hotel through Groupon. It was clean, roomy, with lots of extra perks and nice people. I will fly back in every time Groupon offers a deal for this hotel. Terrific location for accessing everything downtown. Parked the rental car all weekend!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 15 May 2012

very comfortable hotel and great location for walking around downtown.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple