As a Marriott Reward Platinum member you are supposed to be entitled to an automatic upgrade (when available). When I asked about this at the front desk I was told that my rate (I was with a group) did not qualify me for the upgrade. OK, I can accept that and checked into my studio. The rooms are fine but on the small size for a Residence Inn where the logo is “spread out”. There is entirely too much large furniture in the room making the space feel crowded. The closet is so narrow I could not close it without crushing my clothes, and forget about storing luggage.
The desk staff was very, very friendly with the exception of a manager who when asked a question about accommodating a simple request got very defensive and said something like “at your rate, you people will have to deal with that yourself”. You people? The entire time I was there the place was filled with large groups. Do they not want our business? I’ve only been spoken to like this one other time at a hotel, when I booked through Priceline and they seemed to resent the rate. I’ve stayed at various Marriott properties through business or leisure over 60 night so far this year - this experience did not warm me to this brand.
Other than that, decent enough property and close to the lovely Capital Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at Sacramento's newly renovated Residence Inn that offers a full service experience in the heart of Downtown. Conveniently located one block from the State Capitol and the Convention Center, our downtown location offers world class restaurants, theaters, museums and city wide events all within walking distance. This beautiful 15-story hotel offers 235 spacious suites that include fully-equipped kitchens, living rooms with plenty of space for relaxing & entertaining. Our just remodeled 3 Fires Lounge located just off the lobby offers a lunch and dinner menu as well as in room dining. We make your stay more enjoyable with complimentary grocery shopping & on-site laundry facilities. Don't forget to join us for our complimentary hot breakfast buffet each morning. Relax by our pool or soak in the spa to melt tensions away. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, our friendly staff takes pride in exceeding your every expectation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown At Capitol Park Hotel Sacramento
- Residence Inn Capitol Park
- Sacramento Residence Inn