“Residence Inn excellent rooms and service”

Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park
Ranked #1 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sacramento, California
“Residence Inn excellent rooms and service”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn in Downtown Sacramento during a conference with high school students. I live in Sacramento and had little knowledge about this host hotel. It was a great experience. Not only was the staff professional and caring, but the rooms were spacious, well decorated, and perfect for adults and teens who need refrigerators, microwaves, etc. on a long trip. We loved the full breakfast bar in the morning (a huge selection) and lounge area for casual meetings. The hotel is conveniently located near the Capitol Park, restaurants, and Convention Center. But it was really the staff that made things easy and comfortable. They were willing to go out of their way to help me chaperone 26 teenagers. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Point Reyes Station, California
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I'll start by saying I would have given this hotel a 5 star rating, except I worried that people would expect the Ritz. This isn't the Ritz. What it is is a wonderful hotel in a great location with nice amenities, plus the awesomest staff in town.
We stayed during a weekend when the hotel was full of kids in Sacramento for an academic decathlon. I was worried. Hundreds of teenagers in a hotel does not make me feel warm and fuzzy. As it turned out every kid we met was polite, kind and thoughtful. During our first night we could hear kids next door talking and laughing. Just as I started to get crabby I overheard one say "We should be more quiet, there are other people who are probably trying to sleep." Not another peep. OK - back to the hotel.
The staff were so nice on check in that I thought they had mistaken me for someone important. "We gave you a room that should be pretty quiet. Would you prefer being closer to the elevator?" This kindness continued throughout our stay. Housekeeping staff greeted us in the halls, service workers passed and asked if we were having a nice stay, it was wonderful to be treated like an honored guest.
Our room (621) was large with a nice fold out sofa for the 10 year old traveling with us. I wouldn't have wanted to sleep on it, but I had a comfy king-sized bed in the other room and he reviewed his sleep as "great".
The kitchen has everything: pots, pans, full-sized fridge, dishwasher.
The gym was very nice with up to date equipment, towels, water and TV's.
Breakfast was what you expect for a hotel. The surprising part was that they managed to keep everything clean, hot and filled in spite of the huge number of kids. Nice variety of food and lots of healthy choices.
My only complaint was the AC in our room was quite loud. Not unbearable, but if you're a sensitive flower you'll notice it.
Would I say again? In a minute. Would I recommend the Residence Inn to others? I already have.

1 Thank CoastalBadger
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Our organization was there for a soccer tournament the weekend of March 16th, the staff went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. 1st I would like to acknowledged your Sous Chef Sarah who made breakfast boxes for our girls because she knew we had to leave early Sunday morning before breakfast started, Thanks Sarah. All of the front desk people were excellent as well, especially Yvette

Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cortez J
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This hotel was located in a great location, it's kid friendly, and the staff especially the Sous Chef Sara who went over and beyond courteous customer service very professional front desk service from Yvette, the full hot breakfast was excellent every morning with the staff always refilling never running out.... From now own if whenever I go out of town the Residence Inn will be my first Last and only choice

• Stayed March 2013
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Our group stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during an AYSO soccer tournament. The rooms were very spacious, modern, clean & adequately supplied. The Sous Chef Sarah along with Yvette at the front desk were great in arranging "to go" breakfast bags for all of our 22 children with extremely short notice. The variety at the daily breakfast buffet was perfect and the lobby was spacious enough to accommodate all of us and our families. Would surely stay here again.

By the way, there are lots of restaurants and bars within a 1 block radius and the beautiful park located right outside the hotel was just an added bonus.

2 Thank rluball
Bay Area
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This hotel is located in a nice downtown area of Sacramento. The hotel is located on a one-way street and they could use a bigger sign, it was kind of hard to see. We pulled into the driveway, no valet or bellman in sight just luggage carts. Nice front desk and lobby (typical for Marriott), staff was warm and friendly. We were only there for one night so we didn't have a lot of luggage, but some assistance would have been nice. The elevators are EXTREMELY slow, old and noisy and they only had one working. It took about 10 minutes for it to come down to the lobby and then it stopped on every floor even when no one was waiting for it (annoying). The room was nice and clean with the exception of the chair in the room was very worn on the arms. The kitchenette was really nice. The TV must have had a short or something on the plug because when I moved it, it turned off and we could not get it back on. This hotel charges you $17 a day to self park (no valet available) in a garage that you can only park on one half of the 5th or 6th tier. Not so safe and you have to walk outside to get into the hotel so if it's raining good luck.

1 Thank mstee1968
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I decided to suprise my husband with a "stay-cation" in Sacramento last Friday night. We stayed at the Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown and it was a WONDERFUL experience. We were immediately impressed by the professional and friendly front desk customer service and the clean and classy hotel. After checking in to our beautiful room we enjoyed a beverage at the Three Fires lounge downstairs. Paul Padilla, the bar and food manager went above and beyond to make sure our time at this hotel was everything we had hoped for and much more.
The bed was incredibly comfy and the room was clean. Breakfast was included and was a hot buffet with a variety of options. This hotel is in an amazing location downtown sacramento. I give this hotel 5 stars and highly recommend the Residence Inn Sacramento, Capitol Park.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple