“Very nice stay”

Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park
Ranked #1 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We spend a couple weekends a year in Sacramento, always at the Hyatt or Sheraton prior. This trip we tried the Marriott and loved it. We'll be back.

Location is excellent, close to high quality midtown restaurants while still walking distance to major shopping and Old Town Sacramento.

Hotel staff, each and every one, are genuinely happy to assist. These folks are the model for excellent customer service. If I were looking for employees, I'd poach here, early and often. Service makes all the difference and these folks deliver. From check-in to mini mart purchase, to breakfast, then housekeeping. These folks are genuinely nice, and welcoming.

As a Marriott Gold Elite member, we were given a nice room with a view of the Capitol. While the room a the one I booked, and the view may have been the upgrade, it was a bit small for a Residence Inn. My fault for assuming something larger.

If you're in Sacramento, skip the Hyatt and the Sheraton, the Residence Inn is the best in town.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park

Reviewed 5 June 2013

great location ,everything is walking distance friendly and welcoming staff .i really enjoy your breakfast in the morning you have alot to chose from .. clean and wide space rooms .. i want to thank your front desk staff for there hard work and always helping me out every time i called ,special thanks to adriana & marrissa thank you young ladys

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Traveling on business stayed here for a few weeks. Exceptional service and very nice rooms. Close to many great food and drink places within walking distance of the hotel. The staff made us feel right at home. Employee Adrianna was especially welcoming and amazing. A fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Terry E
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I recently stayed @ the residence inn Marriott ,Great location ,I usually travel to Sacramento for business ..Great rooms ,but I was impress by the guest service that I received upon my check in ,Extra friendly always smiling made me feel like home.I was "WOW' with the service I receive .I want to thank so much , Adriana your front desk staff for all her help ,printing directions for me and calling a cab for me as I was in a hurry for my Meeting. I will definitely will be" RETURNING ' to this property on my next trip

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank jessica h
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I have stayed at this property more times than I can count. The location is great, and the desk staff are top notch. They are a business travelers dream, and they set the standard that other hotels should be judged by.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Heatherpdx
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Thank you so very much for your review. We really appreciate the feedback and I will be certain to share your comments with the team. It is great to hear when your regulars still love the hotel after so many visits. Thanks again! Shelly Moranville, General Manager

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Stayed in April. Next to Capitol, many dining places, bars and cafes. Free breakfast but only till 9:30 on weekend. Rooms are good size, staff helpful.i will stay here again. Check out Dive Bar just around the corner - a unique place.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank venturer07
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have to first start out by saying that the staff management could use a little bit more training in customer satisfaction, but not enough to warrant me bumping down the rating. I do love this hotel for my longer stays in Sacramento and I love being able to run in the Capital Park early in the morning (before 5 a.m.) as I know that the State Patrol will always check on me to make sure that I am doing okay. At that early time, it's a little bit nerve racking being on some of the running paths as a lot of the homeless people (who I'm not saying will do anything, but who knows. . . .) will stay along the river. This area is patrolled pretty well by the Police for obvious reasons - so close to the Capital building - and it is easy enough to get around the town for sight seeing just by walking. Especially if you don't want to have to drive, park, pay for the meters (trust me, they are aggressive with the tickets), et cetera.

The actual hotel rooms are the nice newer Residence Inn rooms and the staff tries to help quiet the loud drunk kids down if they keep waking you up. Sadly, being so close to several bars, the weekend crowd tends to bring in several groups of "kids" who just don't care about other people. I'm glad to see a hotel that takes this as serious as possible considering.

The hot tub and pool area are great and the fitness area was fairly decent.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, obviously I would recommend the rooms at the very end of the hall. It's kind...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo