We were mid road trip on a long trip from Victoria BC to Disney and we were looking forward to a nicer place to rest up for the final leg of our trip.....not so much.
First it started with our room--second floor above the entrance of the hotel, possibly the worse room in the hotel??? I sure hope they were full to be allocating that suite! It was dark and loud from the saturday night activity.
We then decided to make a quick dinner. However, the cook top took over 30 mins to boil a big pot of water for the pasta. Moving on, we went to the pool, where groups were enjoying their weekend libations. Not the sort of crowd I expected in a hotel like this but it was interesting. The pool, while quite lovely to look at was FREEZING and it made my kids teeth chatter so I opted to stay dry.
Terrible room locations and cold pool aside, I was still looking forward to a comfy bed and some space from the kids when I was woken up repeatedly from parties. So often and so much so, I couldn't tell if it was the outside street noise or inside. Finally at 5am, I looked outside and realized the streets were empty and called the desk to see about a party down the hall. THey advised they would kick the party out....which they did...and they disbursed into the hallway outside our room to reconfigure their plans. No use in going to sleep by this point.
I will say this. The breakfast was superior. Also the clerk at check out seem genuinly sorry for our trouble and offered to comp our parking, which while appreciated, I would have preferred the hotel removed the partiers well before 5am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at Sacramento's newly renovated Residence Inn that offers a full service experience in the heart of Downtown. Conveniently located one block from the State Capitol and the Convention Center, our downtown location offers world class restaurants, theaters, museums and city wide events all within walking distance. This beautiful 15-story hotel offers 235 spacious suites that include fully-equipped kitchens, living rooms with plenty of space for relaxing & entertaining. Our just remodeled 3 Fires Lounge located just off the lobby offers a lunch and dinner menu as well as in room dining. We make your stay more enjoyable with complimentary grocery shopping & on-site laundry facilities. Don't forget to join us for our complimentary hot breakfast buffet each morning. Relax by our pool or soak in the spa to melt tensions away. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, our friendly staff takes pride in exceeding your every expectation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown At Capitol Park Hotel Sacramento
- Residence Inn Capitol Park
- Sacramento Residence Inn