“A solid Marriott property”

Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park
Ranked #1 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A solid Marriott property”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed for 2 nights on business. The check-in was standard, but quick. The lobby, hallways and rooms were newly remodeled with the new Marriott look. The rooms are well laid out. The living area included a small kitchenette, a workstation and a couch. Sleeping area was around a corner from the kitchen making the room feel larger than it was. The TV could swivel nearly 180 degrees allowing you to see it from anywhere in the room.

The breakfast was standard fare for a 3* hotel. Good enough for my needs.

The hotel is conveniently located in in the center of downtown near several restaurants.

My only complaint was they were remodeling lower floors which was loud as I tried to nap in the afternoon.

I'd stay here again for sure.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank So_where_is_home

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed 26 December 2013

An excellent place to arrive from Australia to start a US holiday travelling around California. Relaxing location across from rose garden and Capitol Hill Park, as well as central to restaurants, enjoyed The Cafeteria across the road for dinner.
Close to Governors Mansion and a great attraction to start to discover the history of California and it's governors.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank 54Barb2013
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 18 December 2013

The hotel staff here is excellent. I have been staying at this hotel for almost 4 months and so far I have no complaints. The staff is very friendly, polite and always takes care of their guests. The hotel itself is in a very good location as well right near clubs, bars, and restaurants. Specifically I would like to thank Shelly, Adriana, Rafael, and Tim for helping me to make my stay here better and more comfortable.

With this staff I do look forward to staying here longer and would recommend it for any type of traveler.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Amit A
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Well, I must say the Marriott folks right from front desk to the room service have got me hooked to their chain of hotels. I find them working relentlessly and flawlessly to make my experience memorable every time.
This place in particular felt like second home since I was here for few weeks on business. Kudos to Esperanza, Virgin, Tim, Merissa for making it a pleasant stay. Keep up the good service.

Room Tip: The hotel is in the downtown. So, the room is just for a night's sleep. You will find yourself o...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 7 December 2013

On my first visit I was greeted by desk agent Virginia(Virgie) and she was so helpful in assisting me in choosing a quiet room location and in tending to all of my service requests. On each visit I've made since, she ALWAYS offers the same great level of service! A truely excellent employee here at the hotel. The facility was very clean, the room is quiet and the bed is comfortable. And you cant beat the great location in the center of downtown. I would highly recommend this Marriott product to anyone who is coming to visit the Sacramento area.... and THANK YOU again Virgie for all your help in making my stay a happy one!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we will certainly share your review with Virgie and our entire team. When you return we will have brand new carpet and furniture in our guest rooms to make your stay even more comfortable.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your next visit with us. Shelly Moranville, General Manager
San Jose, California
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed in the residence inn for a convention center event. It has the perfect location, only two short blocks away. The state capitol is a few blocks the other way.
The hotel itself is OK. Rooms are spacious and clean but a little bit dated. Our suite had a nice kitchenette with a full refrigerator, microwave, small cooktop and dishwasher.
The breakfast featured the standard residence inn items, but the quality was not quite as good as other ones we stayed in. Parking is in the neighboring garage, $17 per day.
Overall we were happy with our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

This Residence Inn is centrally located in downtown sac! There are a ton of places to eat and have drinks. Tourist areas are about 10 mins either direction, some within walking distance. You DO have to pay for parking here and just about everywhere in sac town so keep that in mind. A couple clubs right near the hotel really get busy on the weekend but doesn't really affect you in the room. Top notch staff, I would stay again on business but personal Vaca could get pricey.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business