“Great value at a top notched full service Hotel that delivers!”

Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park
Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I enjoy visiting the Capital of CA Sacramento much, with its many fine eating establishments, shopping, history and museums to take in! This trip I tried a new hotel and very happy I did! The Residence Inn Sacramento is located in the heart of Sacramento adjacent to the Capital Park. The suites are all brand new, and are furnished well to provide a comfortable stay! I travel often, and Marriott is my preferred brand which truly takes care of their platinum Members and this property delivered that as well! When I check in late, I was assigned a suite in the back of the hotel which offered no view and had ally noises. I expressed my desire to change suites and was moved the next day across the hall to a Suite in the front of the property which offered views of the Capital and Park and was quiet as well! The breakfast service included with the room rate is standard for Residence Inn, however this buffet was well stocked and is a great value to start the day! This property is a great gem in its location to downtown and midtown activities and highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Get a high floor room street side to enjoy sweep Capital views !
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MEProfenno

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed for 2 nights on business. The check-in was standard, but quick. The lobby, hallways and rooms were newly remodeled with the new Marriott look. The rooms are well laid out. The living area included a small kitchenette, a workstation and a couch. Sleeping area was around a corner from the kitchen making the room feel larger than it was. The TV could swivel nearly 180 degrees allowing you to see it from anywhere in the room.

The breakfast was standard fare for a 3* hotel. Good enough for my needs.

The hotel is conveniently located in in the center of downtown near several restaurants.

My only complaint was they were remodeling lower floors which was loud as I tried to nap in the afternoon.

I'd stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank So_where_is_home
Reviewed 26 December 2013

An excellent place to arrive from Australia to start a US holiday travelling around California. Relaxing location across from rose garden and Capitol Hill Park, as well as central to restaurants, enjoyed The Cafeteria across the road for dinner.
Close to Governors Mansion and a great attraction to start to discover the history of California and it's governors.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank 54Barb2013
Reviewed 18 December 2013

The hotel staff here is excellent. I have been staying at this hotel for almost 4 months and so far I have no complaints. The staff is very friendly, polite and always takes care of their guests. The hotel itself is in a very good location as well right near clubs, bars, and restaurants. Specifically I would like to thank Shelly, Adriana, Rafael, and Tim for helping me to make my stay here better and more comfortable.

With this staff I do look forward to staying here longer and would recommend it for any type of traveler.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Amit A
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Well, I must say the Marriott folks right from front desk to the room service have got me hooked to their chain of hotels. I find them working relentlessly and flawlessly to make my experience memorable every time.
This place in particular felt like second home since I was here for few weeks on business. Kudos to Esperanza, Virgin, Tim, Merissa for making it a pleasant stay. Keep up the good service.

Room Tip: The hotel is in the downtown. So, the room is just for a night's sleep. You will find yourself o...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2013

On my first visit I was greeted by desk agent Virginia(Virgie) and she was so helpful in assisting me in choosing a quiet room location and in tending to all of my service requests. On each visit I've made since, she ALWAYS offers the same great level of service! A truely excellent employee here at the hotel. The facility was very clean, the room is quiet and the bed is comfortable. And you cant beat the great location in the center of downtown. I would highly recommend this Marriott product to anyone who is coming to visit the Sacramento area.... and THANK YOU again Virgie for all your help in making my stay a happy one!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we will certainly share your review with Virgie and our entire team. When you return we will have brand new carpet and furniture in our guest rooms to make your stay even more comfortable.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your next visit with us. Shelly Moranville, General Manager

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed in the residence inn for a convention center event. It has the perfect location, only two short blocks away. The state capitol is a few blocks the other way.
The hotel itself is OK. Rooms are spacious and clean but a little bit dated. Our suite had a nice kitchenette with a full refrigerator, microwave, small cooktop and dishwasher.
The breakfast featured the standard residence inn items, but the quality was not quite as good as other ones we stayed in. Parking is in the neighboring garage, $17 per day.
Overall we were happy with our stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family