We recently stayed at this property while on a business trip to Sacramento. The best thing about this property is it's convenient location. You can walk to almost every government building from this hotel. You can also walk to so many dining options around the area. From the front door of hotel turn left and around the corner you will find several dining options. The only thing about the hotel that I did not like is the parking situation. Although the 7-floor garage is next door, I found it uncomfortable. You have to take the stinky elevator to the ground level and enter the hotel from the street or an alley... and there is a $17 parking fee to park in the garage. However, there is no other choice but park at their garage.
The rooms are good sized & comfortable. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. It had a kitchenette, fridge, dishwasher, stove top, pots, dishes & utensils. Also had a small dining & living room area. Overall, the room is comfortable.
This property serves daily FREE hot & cold breakfast. Don't expect much though... they serve the typical "corporate" style breakfast. Cereals, breads, scrambled & hard boiled egg, sausage, oatmeal. Well, it is Free ... so don't have high expectations. But it is quick & good enough to start a busy & hectic day of meetings.
Lastly, overall, since I am a Marriott Gold Elite member trying to earn permanent Platinum level, I would still stay at a Marriott Property. Otherwise, I would stay at the Embassy Suites. It is right there at the heart of Old Town Sacramento & on the river.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at Sacramento's newly renovated Residence Inn that offers a full service experience in the heart of Downtown. Conveniently located one block from the State Capitol and the Convention Center, our downtown location offers world class restaurants, theaters, museums and city wide events all within walking distance. This beautiful 15-story hotel offers 235 spacious suites that include fully-equipped kitchens, living rooms with plenty of space for relaxing & entertaining. Our just remodeled 3 Fires Lounge located just off the lobby offers a lunch and dinner menu as well as in room dining. We make your stay more enjoyable with complimentary grocery shopping & on-site laundry facilities. Don't forget to join us for our complimentary hot breakfast buffet each morning. Relax by our pool or soak in the spa to melt tensions away. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, our friendly staff takes pride in exceeding your every expectation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown At Capitol Park Hotel Sacramento
- Residence Inn Capitol Park
- Sacramento Residence Inn