“Exceptional service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sacramento, California
“Exceptional service”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I recieved exceptional service from Yvette who creatively solved a problem I created by entering the wrong dates in my reservation request. She has always gone above and beyond to be sure I have what I need.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mingerham
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thak you very much for your review. It was great to hear that Yvette was able to take care of your issues. It would be great to know what we could have done to get more stars in your rating. If you have any other feedback you would like to share I can be reached at 916-267-6805 and would love to speak more with you about your stay. In the meantime I will definately be sure that Yvette and our entire team knows what a great job she did assisting you.

Thank you again, and I look forward to speaking with you. Shelly Moranville General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I am a travel agent and I stayed at this hotel recently with a colleague of mine and I have to say- outstanding! A lovely breakfast with amazing waffles with choice of toppings, plus our room was a two bedroom suite meaning we had a shared living room but our own bathroom each and bedroom each. The rooms were huge, the staff were great, the bar was brilliant! Simply exceptional hotel in a fantastic city! And if you ever bump into nick from sacramento tourist board say hi from the masterchef fam trip! Brilliant city brilliant hotel well done!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dh174
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you so very much for your review. We love our amazing little city and we are delighted you had the opportunity to experience it. I will be certain to share your comments with our team! We look forward to seeing you upon your next vsit to Sacramento.

Shelly Moranville, General Manager
california
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The staff were fast efficient, friendly. The gentleman in the temporary bar could not have more efficient.

The rooms are large immaculate and incredibly comfortable.

Internet works great.

Very convenient for the convention center and plenty of good eateries around this location.

Fran Fat's is just up the street wwhic I think is one of the bet restaurants in the country.

Parking is reasonable $17 per day

Very impressed!

Room Tip: High floor for me
Green Features: Excellent! - clean very good bed linen - bathroom was immaculate - I would definitely recomend this hotel as being environmentally conscious!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank paddyboyfoley
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I loved everything about this comfortable hotel except the wifi, which is painfully slow. Very frustrating. Other than that I loved the cozy apartment style feel of the room, which has all the amenities such as refrigerator, stove top, dishwasher, coffee pot and all the dishes you need. Also was very nice to have complimentary little happy hour in the lobby with free beer and wine.
They really need to do something about the wifi as I overheard other guests complaining as well.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JDGD1
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Thank you so very much for your review. Last year we increased wifi to 80megs thinking that would make the difference. Of course as you experienced it did not, so after much work we have just contracted to get all new equipment that feeds the signal to our guests. We will be doubling the number if routers as well. I am excited as this will happen at the end of April. Thank you for your review and hopefully you can review us again in the future.

Shelly Moranville
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My sisters and I stayed at this hotel in early February during a sisters' trip to Sacramento. We had a two bedroom unit, which was spacious and fit our needs well. The only changes I would like to see would be to offer two beds in one bedroom and one king in the second bedroom. That would have worked better for three people.

The buffet breakfast was great, as it is at all of the Residence Inns.

The hotel was also conveniently located in downtown Sacramento. It was within easy walking distance of wonderful restaurants, the community theater, the State Capitol, museums and other attractions in Downtown Sacramento. And the best thing was that the next morning we were able to walk one block to catch a bus to the airport, which provided direct service and only took 20 minutes.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to stay in Sacramento and get around without a car.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hiker017
Wailuku, Hawaii
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Good breakfasts for families downstairs, clean rooms, more managers nights please, more fresh fruit at breakfast, waffle machines are great, 24 hour coffee and tea is great too! Free newspapers downstairs are a plus. Very expensive parking for hotel guests though. It's not SF so parking for guests should be discounted. Overall, great place

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank mmajere
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Below Marriott standard for service! As platinum members of Marriott reward, one of the rare time we are disappointed with the attitude of the people working at front desk! Not worthy the ranking of hotels in Sacramento by Trip Advisory.

• Stayed March 2014
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for your review. I was disappointed to see your comments related to our front desk staff and I would like to hope this was a single and unusual experience. Our team works very hard and I am certain they too will be disappointed that they did not make you feel special as a platinum member. Our platinum members are an extremely important part of the success of our hotel and I do hope you will return in the future and allow us to show you this was not the norm for our team. Again thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Sincerely, Shelly Moranville General Manager