Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vallejo, California
“Amazing”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at the Residence Inn for a graduation party. Ms. Adriana at the front desk was extremely accomodating being that we were at the hotel 4 hrs before check in. She went the extra mile to get our 2 bdrm suite (which was amazing) cleaned and ready for us by the end of the graduation. The location is also great. They are centrally located so a rental wasn't exactly necessary it was 2 blocks from the graduation and in the heart of the night life! Perfect. I appreciate you Ms Adriana .

• Stayed May 2014
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I have shared your comments with our both Adriana and our entire team. We are delighted we were able to get you into the hotel early so you could enjoy your celebration! Thank you again; we hope to see you in the future. Shelly Moranville, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Georgia Coast, Georgia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

As i walked in the hotel i was welcomed with a smile , greeted with a "good morning welcome to our residence in , will you be checking in today , then even more friendly ask how my day was going ". I had a horrible experience at the airport long day . This young lady was above and beyond got me checked in early on a quiet room & sent me a tea to my room to relax with a young gentleman .. I usually stay at the Sheraton grand i must say " i found a new home "! Im a business traveler and i will be staying at Marriott from now on . Please give a big thank you to adriana at the front desk and hugo the gentle man that took my tea to my room . I will never forget this experience i had at the Residence inn by Marriott @ capital park ! Thank you once again adrian .!! I will return

3 Thank Greenta123
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Inn has a great lobby, and the people working there area as well great. I can say that the rooms are a bit pricy but you get what you pay for. I would not mind coming back to this hotel. It was awesome, and next time i might even bring my dog, this place is also pet friendly. Will come back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Larry J
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Overcrowded, understaffed and defenatelly overpriced. Morning breakfast was terrible there were people seating everywhere including the lobby. Leftover food, dirty cups and dishes left on tables. Elevators took forever, Parking passed didn't work took a long time for attendants to assist with the malfunctioning cards.

1 Thank Vkal999
I am so very sorry you had this experience with our hotel. There are times when we just miss a step and no question memorial day weekend was one of those times; we just were not properly prepared. Our managers have discussed in depth what happened over the weekend and identified opportunities for improvement in situations like this. Hopefully, you can see from the numerous reviews below this is clearly not the normal for our hotel and staff. Please give me a call and an opportunity to make things right! Thank you very much for your comments, Shelly Moranville, General Manager
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had the best stay ever, over the Memorial day weekend, at this hotel. We were in town for a graduation and from the moment we walked in, we received exceptional service. Adriana at the front desk was amazing. Super friendly, helpful, and made sure we'd have a good time in the exceptional room she booked us in. The room had an amazing view of the park downtown and was super clean. Service to the room was fast and very professional too. Absolutely loved everything about our stay! Would recommend it to anyone looking for a GREAT place to stay with their family. We can't wait to go back! Thank you Adriana and all at Residence Inn - you made our stay fantastic!

Room Tip: Request a corner suite. Just gorgeous!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JonesTraveler22
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We had a fantastic experience this memorial day weekend at this hotel. The rooms are exceptional but what really impressed me is the outstanding customer service of Amber and Virgie. Both went above and beyond to accomodate all of my requests and I'm personally in deep gratitude to both of them. Marriott corporation is lucky to have employees like them....thank you so much!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Raul M
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed. After reading other reviews I expected a much better experience than we endured. Poor customer service and sleeping conditions that were way below standard and when I went to the Front Desk at 1AM to raise the issue I was met with complete apathy. Will never stay here again.

Stayed May 2014
3 Thank CWH1234
Please accept my most sincere apology for your experience. I have had an opportunity to speak with the team member working that evening and have provided some additional training. We want our guests needs to be met and your concerns to be heard and resolved as quickly as possible. My apologies again, that this was not the case. Shelly Moranville, General Manager