“Superior service amends mediocre facility”

Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park
Ranked #1 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I am a Marriott Platinum rewards member as well as a Hyatt Platinum rewards member so I speak without bias. I typically stay at this property usually because the Hyatt Regency is sold out. The rates are typically about the same but the quality of properties is inarguable. Marriott Residence in versus Hyatt Regency? There is no comparison. The Residence Inn does offer complimentary breakfast and happy hour but the offerings could easily go unaccepted. There is definitely room for improvement. I find respite in the fact that because of frequency and familiarity, I have been treated quite nicely by the front-desk staff (Adrianna, Alisha, Colby, and Virgie). They are usually very polite and do the best to accommodate a pre-arrival room pre-block. The hotel is located in the hotspot of Capitol-central and area points of interest in addition to the local dining. Although I would much rather stay at the Hyatt Regency for the same price,

Room Tip: Request a "pool-side" room but be sure to ask for a higher floor or your view will be that...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

We are delighted you had the opportunity to experience our superior service and we agree there is no comparison! Our staff prides themselves on making our guests feel at home and comfortable, knowing a name rather than a room number is what makes us so special. We do hope to see you again. Sincerely, Shelly Moranville

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The property is ideally located in downtown Sacramento, you’re in walking distance to several of the top restaurants and events. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Other hotels are in the area, but the service I receive from the staff (Alexis, Virgie & Adriana) make my stay worthwhile. They remembered me by name after my 1st stay. They are courteous, accommodating and true service professionals.

Room Tip: Higher floors for a night view of the Capitol
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Arrived at this hotel 6 hours before check-in time after a long dusty drive, exhausted and hoping for a room and shower. We were greeted by smiling friendly staff (Monique & Esme). They pleasantly explained that no rooms were yet available. Upon seeing how dirty and tired we were, they searched through their inventory and located a 2-bedroom upgrade which they put us in immediately at no additional cost. The hotel is in a great downtown location next to the capitol mall. The staff are all very friendly. We will certainly stay here again.

2  Thank bglockwood
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Three of us stayed for three nights in one of the studio suites. From check-in to check-out It was a very pleasant experience. The room was nicely arranged and clean, probably the cleanest hotel I have ever been in. The kitchen in the room was so convenient and had everything we needed to prepare dinners. We loved the breakfast that was served downstairs in the morning. The scrambled eggs were not even dry. The staff worked hard to keep everything well stocked. The hotel staff was excellent. When we had a problem with the plumbing in our room there was someone there to fix it within minutes. I highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: The small studio suite was roomy enough for 3. The sofa bed was quite comfortable
1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I actually work at another Marriott so I was staying under my employee discount. We were able to get a 2 bedroom suite to accomodate 2 couples which worked just swell. Check in process was perfect. Ray, who happens to be new, did a GREAT job! He was very friendly and answered all my questions before I even had to ask. We stayed on the 10th floor and I have to say the view when I woke up at 6am was phenomenal! The sun was on its way up to the sky and it shone perfectly over the city. We needed help finding a nearby grocery store in walking distance and the gal at the front desk, didn't cath her name, was very knowledgable of the area around the hotel. The rooms were clean and roomy enough for the 4 of us and we even had our own bathrooms!

Ok let me tell you about this breakfast! I have never had a FREE breakfast so delicious. I mean the Marriott I work for has hot breakfast and a lot of items to choose from, but they had an over the top breakfast. There was regular scrambled eggs and egg white scrambled eggs with bell peppers. There was hash browns and potato wedges with bell peppers and sauteed onions. There was canadian bacon and a station to make your own parfait. There was so much to choose from, we ended up coming back for seconds!

And last but not least, our check out was smooth. I believe it was Alex and she was very kind. I have already recommended this hotel to guests at our hotel that are heading to Sacramento.

Room Tip: High floor!
3  Thank MrsV27
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I travel a great deal for work and this hotel is great year round. The staff always makes you feel welcome and remembers my name, remembers my requests and goes out of their way to be helpful! Thank you to Monique, Tes, Esme and Virge. All of the staff is great.

Room Tip: Capital View rooms are great! But weekend nights can be loud on that side so depends on if it is a f...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank USCKen94
Reviewed 22 July 2014

this hotel is one of the best residence inn I have been at.... 1) the room are CLEAN and updated 2) the staff is extremely responsive 3) the amenities are top notch the pool/spa/workout room 4) there are a VARIETY of TV channels with HD! 5) this hotel is centrally located and one can walk to all locations 6) the parking can be tricky.... make sure to get the garage pass when you check-in 7) free wifi

I will continue to stay here.

Room Tip: get the rooms that face out to the street nice view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business