We stayed at the Residence Inn while attending a convention at the nearby Sacramento Convention Center and we were quite impressed. I have stayed extensively at Marriott hotels throughout the country and this met or exceeded my expectations.
LOCATION: Overall, the location was outstanding. It is a short block from the Capitol building and convention center and within very easy walking distance of an array of interesting restaurants and shops. It is next door to a parking garage for easy (but expensive - $17 a day) parking. In fact, if you are doing everything within the downtown area you may be able to walk exclusively.
ROOM: The one bedroom suite was exceptionally clean and well-appointed. The hotel has a very new feeling to it and the hotel room gave off a very new and clean feel. The kitchen (with granite and stainless steel) was a nice touch. Overall the room is a bit small for a Residence Inn but for two people it shouldn't be an issue. The free breakfast provided in the lobby was one of the better that I've had staying at the Residence Inn. It had a solid selection of hot foods (eggs, waffles, biscuits, oatmeal) and also a good selection of cold cereals, juices, yogurt etc.
OVERALL: Overall we found the staff, room and hotel to be great. We also stayed there on a very fair rate (booked two months in advance for $84 a night over the weekend). Given its location downtown it seemed like everything you needed was right there. My only caution would be the relatively high parking rates of $17 for self-parking and $20 for valet per night. I did not explore to see what the rate would be at other locations nearby but It was a bit high given the relatively low price on the room rate. We would stay here again. It has a small but functional gym and four computers in a small business center that abuts the lobby. The computer usage is free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at Sacramento's newly renovated Residence Inn that offers a full service experience in the heart of Downtown. Conveniently located one block from the State Capitol and the Convention Center, our downtown location offers world class restaurants, theaters, museums and city wide events all within walking distance. This beautiful 15-story hotel offers 235 spacious suites that include fully-equipped kitchens, living rooms with plenty of space for relaxing & entertaining. Our just remodeled 3 Fires Lounge located just off the lobby offers a lunch and dinner menu as well as in room dining. We make your stay more enjoyable with complimentary grocery shopping & on-site laundry facilities. Don't forget to join us for our complimentary hot breakfast buffet each morning. Relax by our pool or soak in the spa to melt tensions away. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, our friendly staff takes pride in exceeding your every expectation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown At Capitol Park Hotel Sacramento
- Residence Inn Capitol Park
- Sacramento Residence Inn