We were attending an event at the Convention Center which was the perfect parking and walking distance to the Center. My colleague booked a two room suite for us which was a great deal that offered us two very private king bedded rooms with our own private bathrooms. Our suite was more like a bachelorette apartment with its spacious living room and kitchenette which we did not use but it had everything you would need if you decided to cook your own meals. The bed was so comfortable that I slept like a baby--which I don't normally get when traveling. The value was great as we split the bill which was less than $145 each including parking and a continental buffett breakfast. The breakfast provided lost of choices including hot options and a waffle maker.
The only downside of our stay was that the Front Desk staff was not the most friendly and not very hospitable. We asked for directions to a local restaurant, and we were told by two hotel staffers that it was just around the corner...as if we knew where around the corner meant in the middle of downtown Sacramento. We requested a map and as it turned out the restaurant required a couple of turns and it was in the middle of the street NOT the corner. The staff needs to get some guidelines on how to provide directions to their local points of interests. The clerk who happened to be a young women, even assisted another male guest even though we had been waiting to get her attention! We did called her on it, and she was not pleased. This happened because she never made eye contact or acknowledge our being there...Rule #1 if you want to ignore your guests. With all this said, I would still come back but hope for friendlier staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at Sacramento's newly renovated Residence Inn that offers a full service experience in the heart of Downtown. Conveniently located one block from the State Capitol and the Convention Center, our downtown location offers world class restaurants, theaters, museums and city wide events all within walking distance. This beautiful 15-story hotel offers 235 spacious suites that include fully-equipped kitchens, living rooms with plenty of space for relaxing & entertaining. Our just remodeled 3 Fires Lounge located just off the lobby offers a lunch and dinner menu as well as in room dining. We make your stay more enjoyable with complimentary grocery shopping & on-site laundry facilities. Don't forget to join us for our complimentary hot breakfast buffet each morning. Relax by our pool or soak in the spa to melt tensions away. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, our friendly staff takes pride in exceeding your every expectation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown At Capitol Park Hotel Sacramento
- Residence Inn Capitol Park
- Sacramento Residence Inn