“I wish this were closer to my home”
Review of Jensai Sushi

Jensai Sushi
Ranked #884 of 2,024 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 3 May 2014

If you are in mid town Sacramento, make the effort to dine at the new JenSai sushi. Named after its owners Jenny and Chef Sai. This is a wonderful new restaurant offering sushi and fusion asian food. Prices are reasonable for both the food and bar. Although I haven't tried it yet, there is a daily happy hour offering $5 sushi rolls. This little gem is located in a small strip mall on 16th & V Streets, just off the midtown Hwy 50 WX freeway. I've dined here 3 times since it opened a few months ago and have had them prepare take out sushi platters for a party. Everything is always fresh and delicious. I recently tried their mussels in cream sauce over udon noodles - wonderful!... did I say they do fusion? Their seared ahi salad is plentiful & tasty. And of course, the sushi is fantastic. Nice decor, friendly service, full bar and moderate prices. If this were a bit closer to home, I would be eating here a lot more. Love this place!

1  Thank JinFO
There are newer reviews for Jensai Sushi

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I've visited Jensai three times, once for lunch with a friend and twice for dinner with my husband. Each time the food and the service has been excellent, for a reasonable price. Although Jensai features sushi, their Bento box lunches and dinners are generous and each item was well-prepared.