“Fabulous”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: H Street
Description: Neighborhood Restaurant with Authentic Italian Cuisine. Homemade sauces to order and friendly service. Wonderful local wine list as well as Italian imports. Gluten free, Vegitarian and Great take out! Don't miss this hidden gem.
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We had a coupon from Entertainment book and were apprehensive about going. So happy we did, service & food were great. Priced right also for the large portions you receive. Definetly a return destination for dinner with friends.

Reviewed 24 November 2011

I bought the Travelzoo deal for brunch at Mamma's. Though the service was excellent I found the food to be just average. My sister got the French toast but the bacon wasn't done. I got the Spinach and egg dish which was a bit chewy. I'd go back to try dinner just to see if that was better.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Our neighbors took us out to Mamma Susanna's for dinner over the weekend. My family is from the east caost and I tend to be very sceptical about "Italian" food out here. Boy was I blow away! This place takes the cake (or cannoli)! We had a bit of everything on the menu and it was all amazing! Just a hidden away restaurant with great food, wine, and atmosphere! I have to thank the owner, Nancy, who makes you feel like you are family, sitting around the table chatting over some bread and oil. If you want GOOD Italian food in Sacramento, you can not go wrong with this place!!

Reviewed 28 October 2011

I have been here many times and have never been disappointed. The food is marvelous. There is something for everyone! Pasta, pizza and meat! Homemade ice cream also.

Reviewed 13 July 2011

You know the specials online that offer four courses for a really great price? We bought one of those coupons for two at Mamma Susanna's and tonight redeemed the coupon. It was our first visit. Oh my gosh, what a treat!

For us, half of the experience is all about the staff, so we were delighted with the wait staff so welcoming and attentive. The chef served the entree himself, and the owner even stopped by the table and lingered awhile.

The restaurant was the kind of place you would find anywhere in Italy. A great atmosphere, family run, simple and informal. We dined on a bruchetta appetizer which was out of this world, a caesar salad, entree (we had the swordfish which was excellent), and truly wonderful desserts with a cup of espresso.

We'll be back for sure. And soon. I can't wait to try one of their pizzas.