“IMAX Sure to Deliver”

Esquire Imax Theater
Ranked #10 of 30 Fun & Games in Sacramento
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

A few easy steps can make your visit to IMAX easy. First go to the IMAX website and order the tickets online. You can pick your exact seats with their seating map. If the show is a new release, this is highly recommended, so you can guarantee tickets and not get stuck in a corner ( although every seat is good). Plan on parking in the IMAX/ Esquire lot located just east of the theater. The IMAX will validate and you'll still have a bill, but if you just plan on parking there, it is easiest and super close. For those interested in how IMAX works you can take a go upstairs after the movie to see a behind the scenes look. IMAX shows great documentaries that are amazing on the big screen and educational for the children. There are a few restaurants within walking distance. For a nice date, Esquire Grill is a tasty experience. For a family night or more casual couple's dinner check out Pizza Rock. If you venture west down K street there are several drink spots including the Dive Bar. If you go too far, late at night, you will end up walking in a not so family friendly area. IMAX a great experience.

1  Thank LMacDee

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Seems here in Sacra, Sheraton knowing (MY OPINION) my likes and my dislikes! They knowing my comfort levels! Seems April at Sacra IMAX, a movie about Lemurs opened in April! I remember three people around that time saying, "You should go see it! I know you liking animals! I think you will like it!" Three, Nick Flitsch (OCTOPUS), Scotty Brown (LEMUR), even Bar Tender Nate (ELEPHANT) all recommending!

Finally got to see it! I thought child price is $14.50! This time, the child price is $8.00! Glad they recommended this movie, they right, was quite enjoyable! You would think I just come to Sheraton for directions and not Hyatt! They telling me no bother at all to them, to just come here!

1  Thank Karyn C
Reviewed 25 June 2014

You can park but it will cost you. You can probably find street parking on the weekend if you go to the other side of "I" street and walk 4 or 5 blocks. The theater is great with a great sound system. Better than most IMAX.

1  Thank Eric Y
Reviewed 23 April 2014

An IMAX is an IMAX is an IMAX...not the biggest, not the newest, but still an awesome experience when in Sacramento.

Great place to host birthday parties.

As a 70's Rock enthusiast and participant, I hosted my three 20- something sons to an in-your-face Rolling Stones Tour on the big screen...now they know what I'm talkin' about...

1  Thank Robert W
See more reviews
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I usually come to IMAX on two occasions! Either on Sacramento Gold Card for the hotel (this case Sheraton Grand Sacramento on 1230 J Street) guests or if someone from hotel gives me gift certificates to IMAX! Child price is $14.50 just for the ticket! I have seen some good movies on big screen here, such as Deep Sea 3-D, Dinosaurs, even original Wizard Of Oz! I am from Oakland, think last movie saw was Wizard Of Oz, after laned in Sacramento from Liberal, KANSAS! Quite fascinating if you willing pay the expensive price to see on big screen! Needless say at $14.50 Child/Pediatric price, I almost never have enough buy popcorn!