“Perfect after a gruelling day”

Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport
Ranked #55 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Golden, BC
“Perfect after a gruelling day”
Reviewed 2 December 2011

After already driving through freezing rain, snow and high winds our flight was delayed due to fog in Sacramento. It was pretty thick and I made one wrong turn on the way to the hotel with my rental car. I'd planned on checking out a restaraunt nearby for dinner but was far too exhausted so in spite of the poor reviews I hit the on site bar/restaraunt after checking in.
Check in went well, very nice desk people, very helpful and sympathetic to my exhaustion. They made it all very easy for me. The room was as expected at this chain. Clean, comfortable bed, easy hook up to internet. I was pleasantly surprised at the bar/restaraunt, quick friendly service, decent food at a reasonable price. Breakfast was the same; though it was a buffet there was a waitress hovering near by if I needed anything and checking to make sure I was happy.
Check out was a breeze, with helpfull advice on how to get to where I needed to go.
The staff seemed to enjoy their jobs, making my trip a pleasant experienc.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, 7 December 2011
Dear Guest, I want to sincerely thank you for the kind comments you are sharing about my hotel restaurant, bar, comfortable/clean guestrooms and staff. We take pride in the products and services we provide to our guests - I will pass along your comments to my team. Once again, thank you for your feedback! We look forward to continue being of service to you. Sincrely, MArio Lopez.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Stayed at this hotel for one night in mid-November on a layover at Sacramento Airport. Booked this hotel because of its close proximity to the airport and free airport shuttle. When we landed at Sacramento Airport and called the hotel, they said the shuttle would pick us up in 15 minutes outside our terminal. The hotel also asked for our cell phone number and said that if the driver didn't see us when he or she got to our terminal, the driver would call us ton inquire about our location. We waited outside our terminal for 20 minutes but no one came to get us. We called the hotel to inquire but no one answered. We called the hotel back in a few minutes and someone picked up. The hotel said the shuttle had came to get us but didn't see us so it left. They said the shuttle had left the airport already and another shuttle would be available in 20 minutes!!!! When I asked why the driver didn't call us, the hotel said it was an oversight. The hotel also had no idea we were waiting for a shuttle. They said there had been a shift change at the front desk so when that happened, the person going on break did not tell the person coming to work that we were waiting for a ride!!! Unacceptable! We had to pay $20 for a taxi to the hotel because of all of this. They gave us free breakfast coupons to compensate but only after we made a big fuss which we should of had to do! Plus in the room, the Internet did not work!!!! And the phone wasn't working.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Tapnmel23
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
I am writing to sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered with our shuttle services and my desk staff. Rest assured we have taken the corrective measures to ensure our shuttle pick up service to and from the airport is easy to use for our guests. I appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to correct the situation.
Minnesota
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I stayed for one night on a business trip. I was very disappointed. The carpet in the lobby and in one elevator was stained and dirty. The room had a cheap look as if decorated by Ikea. The room was dark and gloomy with all the lights on. One light did not work. The bed linens were yellowed and the towels well worn. It seemed like a room I'd expect at a budget hotel. Based on other Trip Advisor reviews I will ask my company to reserve the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
I am writing to thank you for your feedback and to sincerely apologize for the conditions in which you found our carpets and some of our products. I am pleased to let you know we have taken the corrective measures to up keep the cleaning of these areas and the condition of our lights and towels. While I realize my apology will not change your experience, I would welcome the opportunity to make it right and to earn your business. Sincerely, General Manager.
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 9 October 2011

As a SPG Platinum member, this is the nicest Four Points hotel I've stayed at in a long time. The hotel rooms are very nice and clean. The hotel staff was very courteous. The hotel shuttle was on time and the driver was friendly. I was very pleased with my stay and slept comfortably.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Hi! I am writing to sincerely thank you for the kind words you have given regarding our hotel guestrooms cleanliness/decor, my courteous staff and shuttel services. It is comments like yours that inspire us to continue to deliver our very best in services and products to every single guest who stays with us - Thank you!

We appreciate your loyalty towards our SPG program, the feedback you have given us and look forward to welcome you back soon. Sincerely, General Manager
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I have stayed at this hotel a few times, and as a Starwood Platinum member I stay at lots of properties. Not the most friendly service, and the rooms are fair. My last experience at this hotel was HORRIBLE!!!
I had made my reservation with them 6 weeks prior. After a 13 hour day of working/traveling I arrived to 3 different events going on at the hotel. There was no parking in their lot..I had to park down the street. When I got to the front desk they said "Hi there, you didn't block our driveway did you?" ummm NO!!! I parked down the street since everyone was double parking and parking in the red zones and I circled their parking lot 3 times. Anyway, they lost my reservation and said they were full!!! Are you kidding me? The front desk team looked tired and irritable and it reflected in their service. I saw the manager and asked him if there was any chance there was any cancellations. He abruptly said "no we are sold out" and walked away. He was obviously stressed with all of the events going on and the parking fiasco (lack of).
I called Starwood on Monday, and shared my visit. I did not want points, awards etc...I just wanted the stay on my record so I can maintain my status. They said no. Well, I say my 8 stays needed by the end of year is going to another hotel chain. Take That Starwood.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mdrigger
I genuinely apologize for the experience you had recently with us. Rest assured I have taken corrective measures on the parking situation and the manner in which we handled your arrival to the hotel. While I realize my sincere apology will not change your experience, I would welcome the opportunity to make it right and earn your business and loyalty to Starwood. At your convenience, I would like to discuss the details.
Northern California
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This is our families favorite hotel in the Natomas area. Only downside is that it doesn't include breakfast, however, it is close to many eating establishments.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Hi! Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback about our hotel and its location. While the full breakfast buffet is not complimentary for all guests, we often run specials for breakfast, dinner and lounge. Once again, thank you for your feedback - my team and I look forward to continue being of service to you.
california
Reviewed 12 September 2011

First stay at a Four Point Hotel but not my last. I was traveling by myself and I felt very safe at this hotel. When I arrived the lady working the front desk greeted me with a pleasant attitude. When I got to my room it was nice, clean, comfortable and very modern.
It's located close to the airport and offers free parking. There are many places to eat and shop just a short drive away. I arrived in early evening and there wasn't a place for me to eat that was walking distance expect for subway (fortunatly I had a car).
This was definatly a nice place to stay for a business trip at a good price :).

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Hi! On behalf of our entire team here at the Four Points, I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our hotel safety, desk staff service and our nice, modern & comfortble rooms. I will pass along your kind words to our team and look forward to welcome you back to our hotel. Sincerely, General Manager