“Decent Accommodations”

Ranked #55 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
San Juan Cosala, Mexico
“Decent Accommodations”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I often stay at this property when I fly into the Sacramento area. While not at the airport proper, the hotel has a complimentary shuttle. It's located near the 5 freeway, but in a residential area, so it's quiet. The SPG Platinum recognition is good (high floor, continental breakfast) and the staff are courteous and professional. There is a nice small gym with treadmills and free weights as well as a small pool. The rooms are nicely decorated, a good size and immaculate (However, the carpets in the corridors near the elevator could use a good cleaning). I didn't use the Wifi, so can't comment on the speed. All in all, a good place to stay if you're in the area and can get a good weekend rate.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Musqat
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us when flying into Sacramento. We appreciate your comments about our convenient location from airport & quite room - /residential area, nicely decorated/immaculate guest rooms and the recognizing and service we provide to each of our guests - particularly our SPG platinum level members. I apologize for the condition of the carpets by the elevator - We have since shampooed and maintain these carpets in clean condition.
My team and I thank you for your feedback as it helps us correct areas that need improvement and continue to provide our "honest uncomplicated comfort" core values we are know for to each and every guest. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Sincerely, Mario Lopez.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Our room was very clean- really appreciated the brightly lit bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. Not your typical hotel decor- which was nice. There was a very large desk- so would be good for business people. There was no micro or refrigerator, however. They did not have a free complimentary breakfast....$7 for a continental breakfast and $10 for a full breakfast. So, I am not sure it was worth it- we will probably return to the Fairfield Inn at the airport, where we get more "bang for our buck".

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear Guest,
On behalf of my team here at the Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento, I thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are proud of our room decor and cleanliness. I am sorry we did not have the complimentary breakfast you were looking for. We often provide offers where breakfast is included in the room rate. Next time in the area, please contact us and ask about this special offer - we will be delighted towelcome you back. Sincerely, Mario Lopez (General Manager).
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Clean rooms, good breakfast and a great value. The shuttle bus picked us up at the airport within 10 minutes of the call, although the ride seemed longer than we expected for an airport hotel, the hotel was clean and the rooms modern and the price was worth the drive. The WIFI was included in the room rate and the flat screen in the room was pretty good. Would stay there again next time I am in Sacremento.

Room Tip: A little bit of a drive from the airport but in my opinion worth it, You are in the middle of no whe...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kanukster
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding our clean rooms, WIFI, room amenities, good breakfats and a great value. I will pass the kind words to my team members - We at Four Points pride ourselves in providing to each of our guests honest, uncomplicated comfort ... . We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future. Sincerely - General Manager.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Room is new and clean. bed is confortable. friendly staff. good breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
On behalf of the entire team here at the Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento, I thank you for your feedback. We take a lot of pride in providing the cleanest/comfortable accomodations and great service to each and every guest. I will pass along the kind words to my team. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Sincerely -- General Manager.
Pokhara, Nepal
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed one night in April 2012 for a business trip. I usually stay at the Sheraton downtown, but this hotel was pleasantly nice.

Pros: The room decor was classy, albeit a bit worn on the edges. The bed and pillows were excellent. Staff was all very nice. I greatly appreciated the free drink given to Gold SPG members. Coffee makers in the room, although they only give you one pod of coffee (good thing my husband wasn't with me -- he would have been stuck with decaf). Free wifi, although a bit slow. Free bottle of water in the room for SPG guests.

Cons: The toilet paper was like sandpaper (I never thought I would ever be rating a Sheraton's toilet paper). Not enough in-room coffee for two people; if you're going to put it there, assume there's a couple.

The $11 breakfast has a buffet and made-to-order omelets; the buffet looked stagnant, so I opted for a ham and cheese omelet. They brought the omelet to me with the cheese unmelted; even the inside cheese was still solid. I sent it back and asked that the cheese be melted, as required but the word "omelet". It came back with melted cheese, but was completely inedible; I had one bite and spat it out because it was grainy. (What made it grainy, I have no idea. My colleague's omelet was simply cheese and egg, and even that was gross. How do you mess up an omelet?!)

When I checked out, I spoke to the manager (Jeff) about the horrendous omelet, and he graciously offered to make one for me himself. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to wait for that. I wish he would have offered to comp BF; I basically paid $11 for cereal and coffee. Thank goodness for the Clif bar in my bag.

I would give it 4 stars if they had edible breakfast. I'm docking service because I consider edible food to be part of the "service".

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mathTeach4ages
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am certain the Pros & Cons you have given us will help us with our on going efforts to provide the very best products and services to each of our guests. As a result of your comments related to the toilet tissue, and our follow up, I am pleased to report we have met with the vendor who provides us with this product as we will be upgrading it. Once again, thank you for your feedback - my team and I appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Overall the hotel makes a good impression for the price and their airport shuttle is a big plus. The food at the restaurant is not bad, but be aware that they charge $11 extra for the full breakfast - which is also average at best. Rooms are clean and not too noisy. Internet was horrible though. Sometimes the speed was acceptable, but at other times the connection was unworkably slow or dropped completely. It didn't go down well trying to work from the hotel room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Janpublic,
My team and I thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us. We appreciate the positive comments regarding the nice impression our hotel gave you, our affordable rates and complimentary shuttle to/from the airport. I sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered with the internet - I am pleased to inform you we have increased our bandwidth and continue to work diligently to improve our guests' wifi experience.

We thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you in the near future. Sincerely, General Manager.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I had an above-average-for-a-Four-Points stay at this hotel. The hotel and room were especially clean and the front desk swiftly and successfully arranged kinda-complicated transportation for me. The front desk and restaurant staff were helpful and friendly.

Also, I happened to stay in an ADA-accessible room that I would have been very happy with if my wheelchair-using family member had been with me - just a great layout, ample space, and very quiet.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business