“****DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL-I AM WARNING YOU****”

Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport
Ranked #59 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I have never wanted or had to do a negative write-up on a hotel, but I feel it is my obligation to other future guests to let them know the real story at the FOUR POINTS SHERATON SACRAMENTO that I experienced last night.

*Even with GPS, we got lost on the way to the hotel. So I called the front desk for directions (as we were within a half mile), and the person answering the phone from the hotel front desk you couldn't understand because their foreign accent was so thick. This person then passed the phone to their manager, and I could barely understand them, as well, with their thick accent. I live in diverse California and have friends from all countries around the world, and their accents at the front desk of this hotel were so thick you could not understand them on the phone.

*I requested a King-sized bed, and they told me they only had double beds "because they were 100% full" which later you will see was not the truth, when you read the rest of this review. I'm 6 foot 2 inches, so this was extremely uncomfortable.....but I kept a great attitude and joked lovingly with the staff as we completed check-in.

*The front desk lady's baby kept screaming during check-in, but I didn't mind I told her, because I have a five month old baby at home (thought I was going to get a break from that crying for one day though, on this trip, but it still was OK).

*I then went up to the room, and the first thought was "this is a Sheraton"? I have stayed at over a thousand hotels, 2 star to 5 diamond, all over the world, and the first thought was this is barely better than a Motel Six, and reminded me a lot of my college dorm. But I was still OK with everything at this point, because I am easy going, and was tired and just wanted to go to sleep.

*I walked into the bathroom, and the first thing I see, is a soiled with crap, one foot long piece of toilet paper hanging off the toilet seat. I have never seen that at any of the thousand rooms I have visited. I was still not upset, and laughed it off because I am easy going. I just wanted to go to sleep because I just came back from the Sacramento Kings basketball game entertaining a customer in our corporate suite, and was very tired.

*I then go to shut the shades, so that I can sleep in until 7:30am in order to avoid the sun coming in the morning, and they would not pull down and shut (and I work out with weights in the gym at least four times a week). I am still not upset, but I was now starting to think about the movie, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles....and laughing to myself.

*I then went to put on the TV, because I sleep best when it is on with the volume on lightly. I noticed right away that my finger was sticking to the remote. It was a white sticky substance, God only knows what that was. So I wiped it off, and went to tuck myself in.

*While tucking myself in, I quickly realized that the sheet was too short and my feet were on the scratchy blanket. All I could think of were all of the bed bug stories I had been reading about in hotels. And after the sticky stuff on the remote, I was now starting to get a little upset. But I was tired, so I just tried to fall asleep.

*I thought all of it was over, then I started to hear weird noises, over the sound of the TV in the next room, and it was about midnight. At first I heard a lady giggling loudly, and then I heard what sounded like three different male voices. I thought it was funny at first, but it never ended. I heard spanking, moaning (mostly from the female and not the three males), and what sounded like furniture being thrown into the wall for about an hour. I finally had enough and called the front desk and told them to please try to stop it. After about a half hour it continued, I got dressed, gathered all my stuff and headed out the room. On the way out, I saw a security guard that timidly said he was trying to get them to open the door for about 20 minutes, and they would not open it. I kept walking and went to the front desk, and told them I needed another room. I told them everything I had experienced, and they didn't say a word, not even an apology. I grabbed the new room key (I thought they said they were 100% full when I checked in), but they gave me three rooms to choose from now. I now thought I was going to sleep finally, but I quickly realized that I coul hear everyone walking down the hallway loudly in the new room and never did sleep. I gave up, packed up my stuff and called Southwest Airlines to get an early flight out. I will say that they did call the hotel airport van for me on the way out to their credit.

If you do not believe me, then don't.....but this is the honest truth. I do not have time to write these stories as I am extremely busy, but I felt it was my obligation to all travelers to write this. The people of Sacramento are generally extremely nice, and hospitable, so this is no knock on the people of this city at all. I would highly recommend that if you are traveling with children to use your best judgement, if you want to book a room here, as I certainly would not want my family to have to endure this adventure. Overall, the Sheraton is a fantastic chain, and I will most likely reach out to their Executive Management next week, so they can hopefully coach the team at the Four Points Sheraton into the right direction so this experience does not happen again.

Best regards and Good night.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom M
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay here with us. We are disappointed to learn that your experience was less than satisfactory. We take pride in our ability to deliver a memorable experience for all our guests. I apologize that we did not achieve our goal during your stay. I would like to be able to connect with you to reiterate my genuine apology, as well as taking the proper steps to make the situation right. However, I do not have your contact information. At your convenience, please feel free to call our hotel at 916-263-900 and ask to speak with the General Manager. Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

After an 11 hour day traveling in cramped airplanes, my haggard demeanor was merely noted as , "you appear to be quite tired" a helpful smile and genuine interest in our comfort was much appreciated, as was the late service for food kept warm while we ran to the local Walgreens for necessities. A wedding reception and its noise level were considered in the room assignment, again accommodating us and our need for rest. The room and bath 'glass door, stand in shower' were spotless and quite large. This reservation was made at time of flight booking online and was discounted slightly. My only concern, and it may be my mistake but the Airport hotel designation was the primary reason for this hotels selection, and it was only lucky I went ahead and reserved a car the evening we landed, as the hotel was not adjacent to the airport, and yes, I'm sure a shuttle would've been available if I'd have asked.

• Stayed: December 2012
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Hi there!
I am extremely happy to learn about my NIght Staff making a difference during your travels. We, at Four Points by Sheraton, are known for our honest and uncomplicated comfort and based on your comments, it seems we were able to achieve our goal. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to our staff making specific referrence to their "genuine interest in your cmfort, room assignment, and spotless guestrooms". Once again, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

Stayed overnight while ferrying an aircraft from D.C. to Seattle. Overall the service, accommodations, and cleanliness were excellent. Fitness center was clean and had a view of outside. Rooms were very nice, comfortable beds, bathroom was pleasing to the eye and modern. Restaurant was the best hotel restaurant I've ever dined at and I mean it. Waitstaff was on top of things and the food was great for both dinner and breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel and this was after the two previous nights in other hotels across the country.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2012

This is fantastic!!! Thank you for such great rating and comments about our clean accomodations, fitness center, nice rooms, comfortable beds and our bathrooms being pleasing to the eye. We take a lot of pride in prviding clean and comfortable accomodations to our guests as well as the great design provided by our brand. As well, I will pass along your kind words to my associates with regards to our restaurant food and service. You highly recomending us is great to hear. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you in the near future. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Our check in was very friendly, professional and courteous. The reception room was clean and tidy. The bar/restaurant is located just past the reception area. Our room was big, even for a King size bed. The room was clean. Our bed was very comfortable. We ate at the restaurant and the food was very good. Our waiter was also the bartender, which made the service a little slow, but not too bad. All the staff were very professional. I highly recommend staying here especially if you are catching a flight the next morning. It is pricey to stay here, but for the money, you get top notch service.

Room Tip: We had our room facing the street, but couldn't here it. Their curtains do a very good job block...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Hi There!
My name is Mario Lopez - General Manager at the Four Points by Sheraton. On behalf of each of our hotel assocuiates, I want to thank you for the fantastiic comments you are sharing regarding our very friendly, professional and courteous staff. We thank you for your business and look forward to being of service to you next time you stay with us. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

I arrived really early without a reservation. They had me in a room by 10am. The assistant general manager, Jeff, took a personal interest in getting me settled in early. I had breakfast and was using the workout room when he came in to tell me he had inspected a room and it was ready to go. The shuttle picked me up at the car rental center after I dropped my car off the night before departure -- didn't have to shuttle back to the airport terminal for the pick-up. Very nice!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Hi Susanne T!
I thank you so much for the great review you are sharing with everyone. I am proud Jeff, our hotel's AGM, took it upon himself to make sure you were promptly checked in. His actions are examplary of what we are all about here at the Four Points. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Sincerely, Mario Lopez (General Manager).

Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

This was probably the best four points hotel I stayed in. The decor was clean, modern, and minimalistic, but certainly not generic. The breakfast buffet (which I had on a complimentary basis since I am an SPG platinum member) was excellent. They had breakfast burritos, and many other warm breakfast foods including eggs and pancakes! They had free parking, which was very nice. It's a little outside the city but I was able to get into the city easily. Be warmed though, I think Sacramento am rush hour traffic can be bad. I left the hotel at 7:30 and although it was not a traffic jam, there were many vehicles on the freeway and there were some slow patches; I'm sure it gets worse later in rush hour. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012

Hi there!
On behalf of my entire team here at the Four Points Sacramento I want to sincerely thank you for the wonderful comments you posted about our hotel. Your comments about our clean and modern hotel decor, food & beverage, free parking and you highly recommending us is certainly making our day. We will continue making every effort to deliver the ver best to all of our guests as our goal is to deliver great experiences for each of our guests. We look forward to your next visit! Sincerely, Mario Lopez (General Manager).

Reviewed 29 September 2012

The room was very nicely appointed and clean. The staff were friendly, but the service was miserable. We asked if a shuttle could pick us up after we returned a rental car. "No problem...call us and we will be right there." After several phone calls from us to the hotel and, subsequently, the van driver, we were finally picked up an hour and a half after the first call. Upon return to the motel, the receptionist giggled and said "you look like you need a drink." True enough. No apology, no oh no, just leave us be. On the other hand, the facilities were fresh and new: better than average fitness center, small but effective laundry room. A final thought: despite the advertising, this is not a traditional "airport hotel." Rather, it's 3.5 miles (10 minutes) from the airports. That's where that pesky shuttle comes in.

Stayed: September 2012
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Dear Maggie B.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the very nicely appointed and clean rooms and friendly staff. I sincerely apologize for the delay in picking you up from the airport and the comments made by my team. While I understand my sincere apology does not change your experience, I do promise you to personally address our shortcomings with my team and pass on your kind words on the positive comments you shared with us. I welcome the opportunity to showcase the imrpovments we will make on our shuttle and desk reception. Please feel free to contact me so I can personally arrange your reservation and transportation details. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - GM.