“Close to the Airport”

Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport
Ranked #56 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
“Close to the Airport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed at the Four Points Sacramento this past week. The staff were pleasant, and rooms were clean.. This hotel is definately close to the Sacramento airport which is convenient if you are traveling, but with that comes the related noise, and as been mentioned on other posts, the hotel walls are a bit on the thin side. So,in addition of being able to clearly hear aircraft overhead, you can also clearly hear your next door neighbor...

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Dear 4vacation,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for highlighting our friendly staff, clean rooms and how close we are to the airport. I will personally look into the noise concerns. We appreciate your feedback. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Conn.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

Four Points Scaramento

This is an airport hotel, this is an airport hotel, this is an airport hotel...breathe...

The Four Points is located about 10 minutes from SMF. Granted my stay was only 9 hours, most of which was sleeping (or attempting to), it was still enough time to gain a little insight of the facility. If I was scheduled for a second night, it would not have happened. I would have moved to another hotel.

Driving from the airport is just a little tricky. When you get off the highway, you can see the hotel to your right (at about 1-oclock) as you exit and the road veers to the right and leads past the hotel, now on your left. Go to the light just past the hotel, make a left and stay in the left lane. There is a left turn lane immediately after you make the turn. Make a left just past the hotel on the road that runs adjacent to the hotel, and then make a left into the parking lot. You are basically circumventing the hotel in a counterclockwise fashion.

Check-in was speedy, the two ladies were very pleasant and upgraded me to a suite.

The suite was two rooms, handicap accessible, with the living room containing a couch (probably a pull out bed), a chair, table, another table for luggage and a desk. The bedroom contained king sized bed and night tables.

Overall the quality and condition of the furniture was fair, faded, and I would question its comfort. There were many holes in the walls where former framed pieces must have hung, other items that were formerly hanging on the walls were pulled away, the lamps were about to fall apart, I was almost afraid to turn them on for fear the lamp would fall apart and the bulb on the desk lamp had pulled away from its base and was dangling.

There were plenty of outlets at the desk, a good thing. WiFi was pretty quick.

The bed OK but the blankets were borderline blech. Stains from previous occupants. The noise level from the adjoining streets is pretty loud, there seem to be an abundance of motorcycles and trucks going by. Don't expect a good night's sleep.

The bath is basic with toiletries. The towels are not hung but in a basket on the floor. I find that somewhat disgusting, but since almost everything on the walls seems to fall down, might be the only option. The towels were very low quality, thin and might have been fitness center rejects.

Check out was speedy and coffee is offered in the lobby.

The overall condition of this hotel was less than acceptable for a Starwoods property. A good amount of TLC is required. The place is just plain haggard. If I were blindfolded and taken to the room, I would have guessed a Motel 6 or another side of the Interstate motel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your detailed feedback as to how to get to our hotel, speedy check in and pleasant staff at the desk, who upgraded you to one of our suites. I am sorry your stay with us was less than memorable - rest assured I have addressed the areas of concern you are bringing to our attention.. Once again, thank you for your feedback.
Vernon, B.C.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

I a, staying here for business. The wifi sucks. It is intermittent. It doesn't work in my room. Speaking of my room, the walls are paper thin. On the first night, I had Fred Flintstone as a Neighbor. This guy snored so loud I thought he was in my room. Last night I had Ron Jeremy in the room on the other side. The bed was squeaking and creaking like crazy. I couldn't get to sleep. Bad sleep + crappy Internet = bad review.

• Stayed February 2013
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Dear Sherry S.
I thank you for your feedback and sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered with our wifi and noise from other guests. I am pleased to report we are upgrading our wifi system, which is scheduled for completion by the end of this month. Once again, my sincere apology. Sincerely, General Manager.
Eagle Bay, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night. The desk staff was very friendly and efficient in checking us in. Our room (king bed) was very nice but make no mistake - this is an airport hotel geared towards the corporate client. Not a complaint - only a comment to advise other travellers. Some notes - all calls, regardless if they are local, calling card or 1-800 numbers are $1.50. Sorry, in my opinion that is a cash grab - can't remember when I have paid to make a local call. No complimentary breakfast - again, no complaint, just a heads up. When you have so many choices just over the highway one might do better to shop around for better value. Our room was very clean and comfortable - I would rate this a very good corporate hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Hi Sherry S!
Thank you so much for posting your kind comments and reviews about our friendly staff and clean & comfortable guestrooms. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager
Manhattan Beach, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

I have never wanted or had to do a negative write-up on a hotel, but I feel it is my obligation to other future guests to let them know the real story at the FOUR POINTS SHERATON SACRAMENTO that I experienced last night.

*Even with GPS, we got lost on the way to the hotel. So I called the front desk for directions (as we were within a half mile), and the person answering the phone from the hotel front desk you couldn't understand because their foreign accent was so thick. This person then passed the phone to their manager, and I could barely understand them, as well, with their thick accent. I live in diverse California and have friends from all countries around the world, and their accents at the front desk of this hotel were so thick you could not understand them on the phone.

*I requested a King-sized bed, and they told me they only had double beds "because they were 100% full" which later you will see was not the truth, when you read the rest of this review. I'm 6 foot 2 inches, so this was extremely uncomfortable.....but I kept a great attitude and joked lovingly with the staff as we completed check-in.

*The front desk lady's baby kept screaming during check-in, but I didn't mind I told her, because I have a five month old baby at home (thought I was going to get a break from that crying for one day though, on this trip, but it still was OK).

*I then went up to the room, and the first thought was "this is a Sheraton"? I have stayed at over a thousand hotels, 2 star to 5 diamond, all over the world, and the first thought was this is barely better than a Motel Six, and reminded me a lot of my college dorm. But I was still OK with everything at this point, because I am easy going, and was tired and just wanted to go to sleep.

*I walked into the bathroom, and the first thing I see, is a soiled with crap, one foot long piece of toilet paper hanging off the toilet seat. I have never seen that at any of the thousand rooms I have visited. I was still not upset, and laughed it off because I am easy going. I just wanted to go to sleep because I just came back from the Sacramento Kings basketball game entertaining a customer in our corporate suite, and was very tired.

*I then go to shut the shades, so that I can sleep in until 7:30am in order to avoid the sun coming in the morning, and they would not pull down and shut (and I work out with weights in the gym at least four times a week). I am still not upset, but I was now starting to think about the movie, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles....and laughing to myself.

*I then went to put on the TV, because I sleep best when it is on with the volume on lightly. I noticed right away that my finger was sticking to the remote. It was a white sticky substance, God only knows what that was. So I wiped it off, and went to tuck myself in.

*While tucking myself in, I quickly realized that the sheet was too short and my feet were on the scratchy blanket. All I could think of were all of the bed bug stories I had been reading about in hotels. And after the sticky stuff on the remote, I was now starting to get a little upset. But I was tired, so I just tried to fall asleep.

*I thought all of it was over, then I started to hear weird noises, over the sound of the TV in the next room, and it was about midnight. At first I heard a lady giggling loudly, and then I heard what sounded like three different male voices. I thought it was funny at first, but it never ended. I heard spanking, moaning (mostly from the female and not the three males), and what sounded like furniture being thrown into the wall for about an hour. I finally had enough and called the front desk and told them to please try to stop it. After about a half hour it continued, I got dressed, gathered all my stuff and headed out the room. On the way out, I saw a security guard that timidly said he was trying to get them to open the door for about 20 minutes, and they would not open it. I kept walking and went to the front desk, and told them I needed another room. I told them everything I had experienced, and they didn't say a word, not even an apology. I grabbed the new room key (I thought they said they were 100% full when I checked in), but they gave me three rooms to choose from now. I now thought I was going to sleep finally, but I quickly realized that I coul hear everyone walking down the hallway loudly in the new room and never did sleep. I gave up, packed up my stuff and called Southwest Airlines to get an early flight out. I will say that they did call the hotel airport van for me on the way out to their credit.

If you do not believe me, then don't.....but this is the honest truth. I do not have time to write these stories as I am extremely busy, but I felt it was my obligation to all travelers to write this. The people of Sacramento are generally extremely nice, and hospitable, so this is no knock on the people of this city at all. I would highly recommend that if you are traveling with children to use your best judgement, if you want to book a room here, as I certainly would not want my family to have to endure this adventure. Overall, the Sheraton is a fantastic chain, and I will most likely reach out to their Executive Management next week, so they can hopefully coach the team at the Four Points Sheraton into the right direction so this experience does not happen again.

Best regards and Good night.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tom M
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay here with us. We are disappointed to learn that your experience was less than satisfactory. We take pride in our ability to deliver a memorable experience for all our guests. I apologize that we did not achieve our goal during your stay. I would like to be able to connect with you to reiterate my genuine apology, as well as taking the proper steps to make the situation right. However, I do not have your contact information. At your convenience, please feel free to call our hotel at 916-263-900 and ask to speak with the General Manager. Once again thank you for your feedback.
Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

After an 11 hour day traveling in cramped airplanes, my haggard demeanor was merely noted as , "you appear to be quite tired" a helpful smile and genuine interest in our comfort was much appreciated, as was the late service for food kept warm while we ran to the local Walgreens for necessities. A wedding reception and its noise level were considered in the room assignment, again accommodating us and our need for rest. The room and bath 'glass door, stand in shower' were spotless and quite large. This reservation was made at time of flight booking online and was discounted slightly. My only concern, and it may be my mistake but the Airport hotel designation was the primary reason for this hotels selection, and it was only lucky I went ahead and reserved a car the evening we landed, as the hotel was not adjacent to the airport, and yes, I'm sure a shuttle would've been available if I'd have asked.

• Stayed December 2012
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Hi there!
I am extremely happy to learn about my NIght Staff making a difference during your travels. We, at Four Points by Sheraton, are known for our honest and uncomplicated comfort and based on your comments, it seems we were able to achieve our goal. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to our staff making specific referrence to their "genuine interest in your cmfort, room assignment, and spotless guestrooms". Once again, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

Stayed overnight while ferrying an aircraft from D.C. to Seattle. Overall the service, accommodations, and cleanliness were excellent. Fitness center was clean and had a view of outside. Rooms were very nice, comfortable beds, bathroom was pleasing to the eye and modern. Restaurant was the best hotel restaurant I've ever dined at and I mean it. Waitstaff was on top of things and the food was great for both dinner and breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel and this was after the two previous nights in other hotels across the country.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, 22 December 2012
This is fantastic!!! Thank you for such great rating and comments about our clean accomodations, fitness center, nice rooms, comfortable beds and our bathrooms being pleasing to the eye. We take a lot of pride in prviding clean and comfortable accomodations to our guests as well as the great design provided by our brand. As well, I will pass along your kind words to my associates with regards to our restaurant food and service. You highly recomending us is great to hear. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you in the near future. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.