Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport
Ranked #65 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Enjoyable stay here at this hotel which is a nicer newer section of Sacramento. Nice thing is there is an 'In and Out" 3/4 of a mile away so food of quick service is close by. The rooms are a bit noisy is the only probelm as there is no sound insitaion in walls apparently.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 April 2013

A very nice hotel, close to the airport, friendly staff. The weekends can sometimes be just a bit on the noisy side as there is a banquet hall sharing the parking lot. So I say if it is too noisy go join them LOL.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Stayed here just one night with the family. Room and bathroom was clean and look newer. Pretty much a standard hotel room. However road noise was more that I usually hear in a hotel and I have never been in a hotel where you could hear so clearly the other rooms. When the people came into the room next door (and not even from the connecting room), I could hear every word. Thank goodness they didn't stay up long.

Breakfast was fine. We were in a hurry and needed to leave by 6:45am on a Sunday (breakfast didn't start until 6:30) so we didn't have a chance to order an omelet. They had breakfast burritos which were pretty good.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear JeffS_from_LA,
I want to thank you and your family for staying with us and for your comments regarding our clean/new looking rooms/bathrooms and our delicious breakfast burritos. I apologize about the noise from other guestrooms and promise to work with my team to address such situation. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - Geneeral Manager

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Disappointed to give this Four Points 2 stars, as I am a loyal SPG member. The staff was nice, and the room/bathroom seemed newly renovated. The bed was typically SPG comfortable. I was only here one night to catch an early flight the next morning, but I could hear the people next door chatting and coughing - so clearly I could have joined in their conversation. I could also hear their TV all night. That's too bad, because the hotel should have added sound insulation with the cosmetic updates. Being able to hear neighbors, when they probably were not even noisy to begin with, is simply unacceptable.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank pocmonster

Dear pocmonster,
I sincerely appreciate your objective feedback. I am indeed very proud of our friendly staff and the hard work from our housekeeping team, who keep our room/bathrooms clean and brand new. I am sorry about the noise you experienced and will work towards prevent/eliminating such experience.
I appreciate your loyalty towards our SPG program. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager

Reviewed 19 February 2013

Several years have passed since I reviewed this hotel (on June 3, 2009). Some of the negatives I mentioned in my previous review have been taken care of, most importantly: there is no construction going on anymore. Now with the hotel buildings completed I noticed several favorable facts. During our stay a big wedding party took place, but because the event center/ballroom is located in a separate building there was no additional noise. Inside the rooms we noticed that there is still not enough space for hanging your clothes. The free standing closet is nicely designed but not practical at all. Also: One side of the king size bed was either broken or sagging and very uncomfortable to sleep on (Room 425). Otherwise the hotel is in good shape, clean, and well taken care of. In the meantime you will also find a lot of shopping and restaurants of different kinds not further away than five minutes by car. What did not change are the restaurant smell that occasionally fills the lobby and the mediocre service at the reception desk.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for noticing the many improvements we have made to our property, products and services. I apologize the design of our rooms was not of your liking. I will personally look into the bed issue and make the corrections necessary. Once again, we appreciate hearing from you and apologize for the areas were we did not meet your approval. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed at the Four Points Sacramento this past week. The staff were pleasant, and rooms were clean.. This hotel is definately close to the Sacramento airport which is convenient if you are traveling, but with that comes the related noise, and as been mentioned on other posts, the hotel walls are a bit on the thin side. So,in addition of being able to clearly hear aircraft overhead, you can also clearly hear your next door neighbor...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear 4vacation,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for highlighting our friendly staff, clean rooms and how close we are to the airport. I will personally look into the noise concerns. We appreciate your feedback. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

Four Points Scaramento

This is an airport hotel, this is an airport hotel, this is an airport hotel...breathe...

The Four Points is located about 10 minutes from SMF. Granted my stay was only 9 hours, most of which was sleeping (or attempting to), it was still enough time to gain a little insight of the facility. If I was scheduled for a second night, it would not have happened. I would have moved to another hotel.

Driving from the airport is just a little tricky. When you get off the highway, you can see the hotel to your right (at about 1-oclock) as you exit and the road veers to the right and leads past the hotel, now on your left. Go to the light just past the hotel, make a left and stay in the left lane. There is a left turn lane immediately after you make the turn. Make a left just past the hotel on the road that runs adjacent to the hotel, and then make a left into the parking lot. You are basically circumventing the hotel in a counterclockwise fashion.

Check-in was speedy, the two ladies were very pleasant and upgraded me to a suite.

The suite was two rooms, handicap accessible, with the living room containing a couch (probably a pull out bed), a chair, table, another table for luggage and a desk. The bedroom contained king sized bed and night tables.

Overall the quality and condition of the furniture was fair, faded, and I would question its comfort. There were many holes in the walls where former framed pieces must have hung, other items that were formerly hanging on the walls were pulled away, the lamps were about to fall apart, I was almost afraid to turn them on for fear the lamp would fall apart and the bulb on the desk lamp had pulled away from its base and was dangling.

There were plenty of outlets at the desk, a good thing. WiFi was pretty quick.

The bed OK but the blankets were borderline blech. Stains from previous occupants. The noise level from the adjoining streets is pretty loud, there seem to be an abundance of motorcycles and trucks going by. Don't expect a good night's sleep.

The bath is basic with toiletries. The towels are not hung but in a basket on the floor. I find that somewhat disgusting, but since almost everything on the walls seems to fall down, might be the only option. The towels were very low quality, thin and might have been fitness center rejects.

Check out was speedy and coffee is offered in the lobby.

The overall condition of this hotel was less than acceptable for a Starwoods property. A good amount of TLC is required. The place is just plain haggard. If I were blindfolded and taken to the room, I would have guessed a Motel 6 or another side of the Interstate motel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
We thank you for your detailed feedback as to how to get to our hotel, speedy check in and pleasant staff at the desk, who upgraded you to one of our suites. I am sorry your stay with us was less than memorable - rest assured I have addressed the areas of concern you are bringing to our attention.. Once again, thank you for your feedback.