“Hotel is ok, don't rely on the shuttle”

Staybridge Suites Sacramento Natomas
Ranked #24 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Saginaw, MI
“Hotel is ok, don't rely on the shuttle”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I was flying in on a Saturday for an event that evening. At the time we booked the reservationed we confirmed that the shuttle runs hourly and I even called back the day before I arrived and wa again told it ran hourly. I landed at 4:30 and called the hotel shortly there after to see when the shuttle would be arriving, I was told I would be picked up within 30 minutes. I called back an hour later when i still hadn't been picked up and was told the shuttle driver was stuck at the gas station because the company credit card was being denied but that a manager was enroute with a different card and it should only be another 10-15 minutes. 45 minutes later the shuttle finally showed up and gave me a different story, saying that she was called in early just to come pick me up. Had they just told me in the beginning that they didn't have a driver available I would have taken a taxi or a super shuttle but because they kept telling me someone was coming I kept waiting and missed the 'surprise' part of the surprise party I was there for.

The property itself was clean and quiet and in a what looked to be a nice shopping/dining area. I would stay again but I won't rely on their shuttle again.

I recieved an apology from the front desk when I arrived but no other concessions were made for their error.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank saleschick87
sactr, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Sacramento Natomas, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback. It is a tremendous help to me to identify good and bad situations in regards to the Staybridge Suites. I apologize for any inconvenience that was caused due to the tardiness of the shuttle. In August, we recently started offering the shuttle service to the airport and any feedback on how we can better ourselves is very helpful. I'm glad that you found you enjoyed the hotel and I can assure you that on your next visit the concerns you had with the shuttle will be remedied. Again, thank you for your feedback and your business. We look forward to seeing you again!

Scott Campbell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Aiea, Hawaii
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I stay at the Staybridge in SMF two to three days a week while traveling on business. The staff are always welcoming, and treat my collegues and I as if we were friends. Rooms are always clean, and the complementary breakfast buffet is loaded with great food. Lots of great shopping and dining with in a 10 min. walk. Pool,jacuzzi,bbq area,nice jogging path behind the property.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your positive comments. It is so great to hear that you are receiving outstanding service here at the Staybridge Suites. It means a lot to me that you took the time to voice your thoughts about our property. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Savannah, Missouri
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We stayed the evening of September 3 and were very pleased with our room and stay. The shuttle bus driver was very friendly and helpful. When I called for the shuttle the front desk didn't give instructions as to where to meet at the airport but the driver signaled us when driving up so we could get to the right spot. Sacramento International has a place at the end of Terminal A for ground transportation that is separate from the rental car pickup across the drive in front of the terminal. Taxi, limo and shuttle service is in a separate loop which is convenient once it's understood.

The front desk was very helpful and we were able to check-in during early afternoon which allowed us to grab a bite at a nearby sports bar for lunch. Our room was a nice size room with kitchen. The linens were good quality; the room was clean; the bed was comfortable; the shower head was great; the flat screen TV was nice; the room was quiet for sleeping.

The morning breakfast was a very pleasant surprise. It's not a continental breakfast but a full breakfast that is described very well by jazzy1111 so I won't duplicate.

There is a business center for use of a computer and there is computer connection in the room. We didn't make use of that service but this should be a boon to those traveling for business. The shuttle driver indicated several workers making improvements at the airport were staying at this hotel. The place should be a good place for an extended stay.

The only negative we could find was there were two small, dark stains on the carpet in the bathroom. That certainly didn't negatively impact our stay. This is a fine place for the person traveling for business or pleasure. Staybridge did a followup survey for us to evaluate our stay, so they are keeping up with customer reactions. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Harold J
Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm happy to hear your stay with us was a pleasant one. Just a few weeks prior to your stay, we started offering the airport shuttle. I'm so glad that it worked out well for your needs. We are so proud and happy to be able to offer this amenity to our guests. Again, thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to us here at the Staybridge Suites. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2011

im telling you this was the BEST hotel I stayed in! the service was so friendly and they have a wide variety of snacks and the lobby. the pool was so much fun to play in and the room service people did a great job they even left us with popcorn in our suite.the breakfast was AMAZING. they had a breakfast buffet and it had eggs, ham, cereal, toast ,bagels, grunola ,bacon and u can even make Ur own Belgian waffles. even though the dinner was only only Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday it was so good.the people at the front desk where so nice to me they told me i could take as much as i wanted! the gym was really well built but one of the treadmills wasn't working. the laundromat in there was completely free but you need your hotel room to get access like all the other things(your room and the pool and the gym) I stayed in the room with to bedrooms and one bathroom. the bathroom comes with everything.lotion shampoo conditioner. so does the kitchen it has a cutlery set and pots and pans and glasses and mugs even a dish washer and dish washing liquid.there is target,walmart,payless,staples,food places and a cinema right down the block.literally I mean right down the block. there is parking spaces and there are alot of them.they even sold wine (im only 12 not old enough to drink it) and before I forget they even have a BBQ grill that you can use free of charge.overall I give that hotel a 20 out of 10 (this is based o a 5 day 6 night stay)

Room Tip: get room 439 i hear its the bigest and best (and the last room in the hotel that i stayed in)
1 Thank jazzy1111
It is SO great to hear that you think our hotel is the best place you have ever stayed. As the General Manager, my entire staff and I are striving to be the best. Thank you for your business and taking the time to post your comments. It means a great deal to all of us here at the Staybridge Suites. We look forward to your next visit and again, exceeding all of your expectations.

Smithtown, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2011

First time visiting Sacramento; always love the Staybridge Suites; we stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite and booked online early to get best rate. Rates very reasonable for all you get. Two adults and two teenagers. Rooms were very large, kitchen had everything you could possibly need, beds very comfortable. Hotel was perfect, staff very helpful with recommendations. Breakfast was excellent, egg, corned beef hash or bacon and sausages, waffles, etc... Large shopping center across the street. Close to Old Town and State Fair

Room Tip: Book early for best rates
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed 20 July 2011

The Staybridge Suites is a great place for families and couples. It is also a very popular place for the business traveler for short or long term stays. It was hands above just about any place we have stayed. We chose the location because it was exactly what we were looking for and nearby Cal Expo; as we were treating our son, daughter-in-law and three grandsons to the California State Fair. My husband I spent four nights in a one bedroom (king bed) suite. The bed is a separate room off the living/work area/kitchen, so offers privacy if either of us wanted to go to bed or get up earlier than the other. The vanity area if in the bedroom and the toilet/tub/shower is off the vanity. The double mirrored closet is directly across from the vanity. The bedroom has a very comfy King bed for a great night’s sleep, two bedside tables, a chest of drawers and flat screen TV. When you enter the suite there is the fully equipped kitchen, a work desk and chair, another table (reminds me of a sofa table) against the wall from the work desk/chair, then there is a sofa that fits three adults very comfortably (also converts to a bed), an easy chair, two small table in front of the sofa pushed together for a coffee table look; can be separated if desired, two end tables, table lamps and floor lamp, a unit that the flat screen TV sits on. Nice outdoor pool and spa, the fitness room with a TV and boom box for music is connected by an open door with the guest laundry. GOOD NEWS: There are SIX (stacked) washer and dryers and they are FREE!!! And the best thing is all the guests that used those free washers and dryers were there to remove their clothes when the machines were finished with their cycles! The lobby is nice and inviting and the entire staff from check in/out, breakfast/manager evening function people , housekeepers and even the maintenance staff when they saw you or walked by always greeted each guest. The entire property was clean and inviting. There is also the 24/7 Bridgemart for snacks and other meals and beverages. Plenty of parking for everyone. Lots of shopping very nearby.
The TWO bedroom TWO bathroom suite my husband and I paid for our son and his family for three nights was perfect for a family of five. The fully equipped kitchen/work area/living area and the separate King bedded bedroom and bath were identical to our one bedroom king bedded suite. Their second bedroom had TWO Queen beds a work desk and chair, chest of drawers and flat screen TV and bathroom. So the 16 year old grandson had one queen and the 10 year old twin grandsons shared the other. Plus the sofa in the living area was a sleeper also.
The breakfast was very good and offered lots of choices. There were three additional tables in the “library room” right off the great room, off the “library room” was the “business center” with computers and printers. The main breakfast (great room) held the most tables and chairs, plus a sofa, two easy chairs, coffee table, fireplace and wall mounted flat screen TV. There was also seating right off the breakfast/great room outside next to the gated pool/spa. Here were several more patio table and chairs, plus a nice outdoor sofa. We only went to one manager’s function, on the Thursday we arrived. The menu was meatball subs and make your own salad, plus a Staybridge Suites fresh made salad, beer, wine and soft drinks all complimentary.
We will so be back to visit the Staybridge Suites Sacramento Natomas! It was the best place we have stayed so far in 2011.

1 Thank NVSallyReno
Yorba Linda, California
Reviewed 26 April 2011

We stayed 4 nights at Staybridge Suites Natomas with our grandchildren, ages 6 and 10. We had a small suite with a separate bedroom. There was a fold-out sleeper sofa in the living area that the kids enjoyed sleeping on. There were TVs in both the bedroom and living area. The kitchen had a microwave, dishwasher, and good-size refrigerator. There was only one bathroom, accessed through the bedroom. If the children had been older, one of the larger suites with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms would have been better.

Especially good were the free, hearty, daily breakfasts with waffles, eggs, fruit, and so on. Really a great value. A few light suppers were provided as well. The pool and jacuzzi are large and clean. There is also a business center with free computers and Internet. Family board games such as Scrabble and Monopoly can be checked out at the front desk.

The hotel is newer and is in a newly built-up area, surrounded by shopping centers with lots of restaurants, both upscale and child-friendly, and a multiplex movie theater. It's about 10 minutes to downtown Sacramento. There's no highway or airport noise.

The negatives: One day the maids neglected to make up our room. We called housekeeping when we returned to the hotel that afternoon, and someone came to make the beds and bring us fresh towels, though no other cleaning was done. We could have asked for compensation at checkout, but decided that overall, our stay was very good, so we chose to let it go. Also, for couple of days the jacuzzi was broken. It was fixed on the third day and we were able to enjoy it. Had our stay been shorter, I would have been more perturbed by the two problems and would have made more of an issue about them. Still, these things happen, and by and large we really enjoyed our stay. It was an excellent value and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Two-bedroom suites better with older kids.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family