“Home Away from Home”

Amber House Inn of Midtown
Ranked #1 of 14 Sacramento B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 June 2008

My husband and I have been staying at Amber House at least once or twice a year for the last six years or so. At first, we chose its midtown location which is only a mile away from our son's family. Now we rely on its hospitality and high standards: the innkeepers are always welcoming; the rooms are always clean; the breakfast is always delicious; chocolate chip cookies greet us at the end of a long day. (I wouldn't mind some oatmeal raisin treats sometime!) They also keep track of food preferences and allergies.

2  Thank magpie815

Reviewed 29 March 2008

I am a frequent guest at Amber House B&B for over three years. I am thrilled when business brings me to Sacramento and I get the pleasure of staying at such a wonderful place. The Amber House was recently re-decorated and is a beatuiful and comfortable place to stay. The owners Judith and Kevin are very friendly and available every day .
The B&B staff at Amber House is always friendly and ready to accomodate any needs you may have. From wake up calls, breakfast in your room if you desire, to cookies and milk at night!
The location is excellent with many great restaurants within a few minutes walk.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank GraceSedona_AZ
Reviewed 26 March 2008

Amber House is not only a great B&B, it's a great place to host a business meeting. We needed a place to hold a planning session that would enable my team of 10 people to get away from the day to day routines and focus on our annual business plan. The setting was perfect with comfortable sleeping rooms for my team and an inviting den atmosphere for our brainstorming sessions. The staff of Amber House was very accomodating and set up the downstairs area for our sessions complete with comfortable furnishings, internet connection and a place to set up a projection unit. Our location in downtown Sacramento was also very convenient as we could walk to any number of great restaurants and night spots after the day of meetings. Breakfast was great and everyone remarked on how much we accomplished over the two days due to the home away from home atmosphere we were in. We'll be back for our next planning meeting in the fall!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank Biztraveler55
Reviewed 25 March 2008

I have stayed at the Amber House for several years during my business trips to Sacramento. Judith, the Proprietor and her amazing staff have always been the most gracious with their service. Each of the rooms are a work of art and the amenities are just what every tralver wants.

Their breakfast selections are wonderful, full portions, and beautifully presented.

I have recommended the Amber House to several friends and have done so with out any doubt that they will be treated with kindness and the professionalism that has become synonymous with the Amber House.

I know you will enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank eelorangecounty
Reviewed 8 February 2008

This is my favorite place to stay. When I went to write this review, it only asks for one date. I have stayed at the Amber House almost monthly for 3 years while traveling on business and every time has been wonderful.

This Inn is actually two charming, old houses across the street from each other in a quiet residential neighborhood, close to downtown Sacramento and UC Davis Medical Center. Both are older homes with a lot of charm and character but with recent remodeling of the rooms and bedding, have the luxury of high end hotels. The main house is the "Poet's Refuge" and the other is the "Musician's Manor" with the rooms named after famous poets and musicians.

The staff is friendly and happy to help with anything they can do to make sure your visit is an experience you'll remember fondly. You can start your day with coffee/tea/juice served at your room with USA Today or the Sacramento Bee and you can end your day with fresh baked cookies. They also have several choices of wine available.

I stay during my business travel, often for the entire week. There is high speed wireless connection in each room and tables to spread out on. Each time I've stayed there it has been like visiting friends and family. The staff and owners make having to be away from home a little bit easier.

The breakfasts are wonderful! You can have a light breakfast or the full course with delicious treats. They will serve it in your room, in the main dining room, on the front porch of the main house, or in the garden of the other house. There are restaurants within walking distance or a short drive.

I have stayed in almost all of the rooms since I began my trips to Sacramento, and have a favorite in each house. There are jacuzzi tubs in some, fireplaces in others, private patios in a couple, and comfortable beds in all of them. Once you go once, you'll want to go back enough to find your own favorite! Enjoy!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
4  Thank spoiledtravelbrat
Reviewed 6 February 2008

My husband took me to the Amber House for our fourth anniversary. We stayed in the Mozart Room, which is just gorgous! They made sure our anniversary was super romantic! When we came into the room there was rose petals on the bed, strawberries dipped in chocolate and a great bottle of champagne awaiting us! After the frenzied holiday season, it was so relaxing to spend a night at the Amber House! We LOVED the jacuzzi tub and sipped champagne while remembering the past four years together. The fireplace in the room made it very comfy and romantic. I wish we could create a room like that in our house!

Aside from the decorations and amenities in this inn, we really appreciated the service. It seemed like every need of ours was met, from bringing me tea in the evening to making sure my husband had his paper to read in the morning. The staff was so great and really made us feel special. We look forward to spending more romantic evenings there, and want to try out some of the other rooms which look great as well.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank larad454
Reviewed 5 February 2008

Just had to let everybody who visits this site know what a wonderful experience it was for us to spend time at the Amber House! Our stay was referred to us by friends who know the owners of this great B & B. This was our first stay ever at a B & B, so we weren't sure what to expect. We certainly were "wowed" by the beautifully decorated rooms, the service, the delicious breakfast and the friendliness of the Inn Keepers. Judith made us feel so welcomed and pampered. Thanks for making our trip so memorable. Hope that we see you again in the near future!!
K. & R. Hauser