“absolutely the best b&b ever!!!”

Amber House Inn of Midtown
Ranked #1 of 14 Sacramento B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 September 2008

If you are uncertain about staying in a bed and breakfast - this property will most definitely change your mind!
I normally stay at the finest four and five star hotel properties around the world and naturally presumed that a small bed and breakfast would not live up to the standard of quality I am used to.
Well, I am glad to say that this B&B proved me wrong! I have rarely experienced such quality, service and attentiveness to even the smallest detail. Once the innkeeper speaks with you for a few minutes upon checking in you will understand exactly what I mean. I don't want to ruin the surprise for you, so say no more.
Enjoy your stay~ (I only wish I had reason to revisit Sacramento again~)

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank msc13

Reviewed 3 September 2008

We stayed at the Amber House for our wedding night. The room, service and atmosphere were amazing. We never wanted to leave!! The B&B is very relaxing, rooms are beautiful and again the service was above and beyond. It was the perfect place to end our amazing night and we already have plans to go back for our first wedding anniversary. My husband asked them to put rose petals on the bed and candles around the tub and it was all done and it made me cry. Thank you to everyone who made our night perfect.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeremydg420
Reviewed 22 July 2008

Unlike many other small inns, Amber House B & B really understands the needs of the business traveler (e.g, wireless internet in every room, same day laundry service, private bathrooms, free off street parking and many more amenities) while retaining all the charm, serenity and ambience of a vacation refuge. Located in the heart of Sacramento, it offers easy access to the freeway as well as great restaurants and cafes.
As a business traveler who is on the road practically every week, I am always searching for a viable alternative to large, impersonal hotel chains. Amber House Inn is just such a place - I only wish I could duplicate it in every other city I travel to for business as well as pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank flyinglassie
Reviewed 27 June 2008

The Amber House the last three years has been an awesome place to stay.
My journey starts in CT to New York's JFK airport to Sacramento.
When I arrive at The Amber House I am immediately greeted by the friendly staff and owners and feel right at home.
In the back of my mind though, I can't wait to get in that BIG FLUFFY BED !!!!!
The breakfast is out of this world as well.
Great job everyone and see you in December!

Robbie LaBlanc
Bogle Vineyards
Northeast Regional Manager

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Monroe_CTWineman
Reviewed 26 June 2008

My husband and I have been staying at Amber House at least once or twice a year for the last six years or so. At first, we chose its midtown location which is only a mile away from our son's family. Now we rely on its hospitality and high standards: the innkeepers are always welcoming; the rooms are always clean; the breakfast is always delicious; chocolate chip cookies greet us at the end of a long day. (I wouldn't mind some oatmeal raisin treats sometime!) They also keep track of food preferences and allergies.

2  Thank magpie815
Reviewed 29 March 2008

I am a frequent guest at Amber House B&B for over three years. I am thrilled when business brings me to Sacramento and I get the pleasure of staying at such a wonderful place. The Amber House was recently re-decorated and is a beatuiful and comfortable place to stay. The owners Judith and Kevin are very friendly and available every day .
The B&B staff at Amber House is always friendly and ready to accomodate any needs you may have. From wake up calls, breakfast in your room if you desire, to cookies and milk at night!
The location is excellent with many great restaurants within a few minutes walk.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank GraceSedona_AZ
Reviewed 26 March 2008

Amber House is not only a great B&B, it's a great place to host a business meeting. We needed a place to hold a planning session that would enable my team of 10 people to get away from the day to day routines and focus on our annual business plan. The setting was perfect with comfortable sleeping rooms for my team and an inviting den atmosphere for our brainstorming sessions. The staff of Amber House was very accomodating and set up the downstairs area for our sessions complete with comfortable furnishings, internet connection and a place to set up a projection unit. Our location in downtown Sacramento was also very convenient as we could walk to any number of great restaurants and night spots after the day of meetings. Breakfast was great and everyone remarked on how much we accomplished over the two days due to the home away from home atmosphere we were in. We'll be back for our next planning meeting in the fall!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business