“Great for a romantic night”

Inn and Spa at Parkside
Ranked #2 of 14 Sacramento B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My husband and I like to come here when we want to get away for the night without the kids but don't want to leave town. It has an incredibly relaxing ambience, and if you are on the fence about which bed and breakfast in town to choose, I would definitely go with this one. Yummy breakfasts, too! Check out the last minute rates on their website.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 August 2011

My friend had referred us to Inn at Parkside and when I got a Groupon I jumped on it. We had a great stay in the Kiss room. It was immaculate and very comfortable. We had a couples massage and salt scrub next door followed by a soak in our in-room jacuzzi tub.

Breakfast was delicious. I had a huevos rancheros and my husband had some amazing oatmeal. Both were very happy.

Great time. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Bought a Groupon for this place. DH has lived in Sacto all his life and I've been here for 30+ years and neither one of us remembers even driving past this place. It's set across from a park in what I would call not the worst part of town but also not the best.

We had a staycation and only had to drive about 10 minutes to get here which was kinda fun. Beautifully appointed room w/extremely comfy bed, large screen TV, walk-in shower and great hot tub for two. Also included a breakfast which wasn't anything to write home about but was still pretty good. Also had an area outside our room where we could whip up coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc whenever we wanted.

Our package included a couple's massage which was exquisite. It included a salt scrub after the massage as well.

We stayed on a Sunday night so it was very nice that there wasn't much noise at all. You wouldn't be surprised to find this establishment on the coast or in SF's nicer areas. If you're staying Sacramento, it's definitely off the beaten path but I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Splurge for one of their top notch room in the adjacent house
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2011

My husband and I booked a one night stay and couples massage at Inn and Spa at Parkside with a Groupon. It was just what we needed! We were celebrating our 10th anniversary and April did everything to make us feel special.

The room (Refresh) was well appointed with a large comfy bed, jacuzzi tub and balcony. We thoroughly enjoyed the couples massages (which were 25 minutes late but was not a problem in our book) but mine was a bit light and fluffy. I asked that he "dig in a bit more" but my requests went unnoticed so I gave up and appreciated the moment. The strawberries and sparkling cider afterwards were deliciously lovely and a nice touch. Being able to just walk next door to our room after the massage was nice as well.

We were somewhat familiar with the area and didn't feel endanger walking to our restaurant 10 blocks away nor parking our car out front. The room temperature was good in the inn and we happily relaxed (without our kids!) in the room for the rest of the night. Breakfast was served promptly when we requested it and it was perfect! Scones, Eggs Benedict, a pot of fresh coffee, fresh fruit ...we were in heaven.

Thank you so much for making our anniversary so special (even leaving a personal note on the nightstand) and giving us a much needed break from life's craziness. We didn't want to leave and will absolutely be back!

Room Tip: Ask about bed sizes if that makes a difference.
Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2011

My wife and I stayed in the Kiss room, what a relaxing and romantic room. We had the couples massage( which halfway through was totally at ease). After the massages we were treated with chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling cider.
Then enjoyed added relaxation in the jacuzzi which was in the room.
We would definitely return over and over again, based on the high level of relaxation, customer service(which was above and beyond) and the complimentary breakfast was
amazing!

Room Tip: we were able to enjoy this by using group-on
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marcandsweetpea
Reviewed 4 March 2011

We stayed at the Inn for one night and enjoyed facials the next day. It was magical! Thank goodness for Jessica! We booked the room very last minute but Jessica made us feel right at home. Our facials the next day were so relaxing and my skin is glowing.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2010

I have never previously written a hotel review but the experience at this inn is so exemplary I am moved to share it. As a frequent business traveller in CA I have stayed at many hotels and B&B's throughout the state. By far, the Inn at Parkside is my favorite. From the warm and friendly staff, to the luxury bedding and bath products, and the unique decor of each room, -the overall ambiance is serene yet luxurious. Even the coffee is great! I have been able to relax like I am right at home but have also been very productive and even pampered. It is so good to find a place that does everything well.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business